SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-20, 12:11 PM   #271
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0

This is a clip from a UK breakfast show, the guy Piers Morgan I can't stand at the best of times, he constantly interrupts people as they are trying to talk.

Anyway I'm sure you will find this short clip interesting:

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...ay-Thomas-lane

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 01:24 PM   #272
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The little remnant of respect I had towards those demonstrating has now disappeared. [...]
Please. Nothing justifies looting and burning, this is not a peaceful demonstration nor does it help anyone. But if thousands of peaceful people want to set a sign against police brutality and racial hate (and do not tell me this does not exist), it only needs 2-5 people looting to make them all look bad.
And guess what the media will prefer to report - a peaceful domonstration of 995 or the criminal action of 5 of them?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 02:09 PM   #273
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Please. Nothing justifies looting and burning, this is not a peaceful demonstration nor does it help anyone. But if thousands of peaceful people want to set a sign against police brutality and racial hate (and do not tell me this does not exist), it only needs 2-5 people looting to make them all look bad.
And guess what the media will prefer to report - a peaceful domonstration of 995 or the criminal action of 5 of them?
I was waiting a response before posting the next story, which have taken place here in Denmark.

BLM had announced a demonstration in Copenhagen. Before this demonstration, which was yesterday, the BLM organization in Denmark had put up special guidelines for white who wanted to take part in the demonstration as support.

I have been searching for hours to find an English version of the Story, without any luck.

So I use translate
(There are some sentence who sounds grammatically wrong I know, but I could not find or come up with the correct sentence)

From Danish BT

"
Please move. Move. White people - stand here.

This is what Bwalya Sørensen, spokesperson for Black Lives Matter Denmark, said in front of Christiansborg on Sunday afternoon.

Before that, thousands of people had marched through the streets of Copenhagen in a common battle against racism, and here the same message had sounded from the organizer

We want 'black people' up front by the banners. We know there has been outrage, but we don't care, 'Bwalya Sørensen tells B.T. on Sunday's march.

Prior to the demonstration, similar special requirements for white people could be read on Black Lives Matter Denmark's Instagram, and along with the above episodes, it has caused debate and former TV host Jeppe Søe to speak up

In a Facebook post, he shares a number of screenshots from the aforementioned Instagram, in which Black Lives Matter Denmark, prior to Sunday's demonstration, advises white people not to talk to the press, not to initiate combat calls and not shout at all combat calls.

I am deeply appalled and I find it very outspoken. I am very much in favor of this case, and if I had not lived in Aalborg and there was a corona, then I would have liked for a demonstration, but not if I had read that other rules apply to white people. It just speaks against the case, 'says Jeppe Søe to B.T.

There are about 10 so-called Instagram stories from Black Lives Matter Denmark, beginning with the text 'protest etiquette for white people'.

Then there are a number of points. For example, one of them reads:
'Some cries are not for you. 'Hands up don't shoot'. 'I can't breathe'. Not everything is for white people - not even those who have shown up in solidarity. Being bullied and shot is not a thing that happens to white people, just as much as it does to black people, 'it says

Under another point, Black Lives Matter Denmark writes that 'the press is often out for protests and that they are often more comfortable talking to white people', and this is especially a statement that gets Jeppe Søe up in the red field .

“It is deeply appalling that an organization can get itself into writing something like this. It is not at all a picture I can recognize, nor do I imagine that many journalists in Denmark have it that way. What the hell are they imagining, 'he says.

In fact, they seems to be speaking against their own case when making special rules and separating white and black people in the demonstrations.

“The beautiful thing is that we stand together globally now, and it has also occurred to many white people that it is enough now. Then you should embrace and pay homage to the fact that in the front chain you are completely indifferent to the color, ”says Jeppe Søe.

To B.T, Bwalya Sørensen says if people don't like the music they can stay away

"If you are unhappy and do not understand that black people will stand side by side, then you must stay home. It's white supremacy, ”she emphasizes.

But can you understand the argument that you go against your own cause when you gather all races for a big demonstration, but then try to separate them during the march?

"Not at all," the spokesperson says.
A total of 15,000 people were gathered in front of the US embassy in Østerbro on Sunday to walk together towards Christiansborg Palace Square.
"

It have created some outrage here in Denmark. Rumours says there are members from this BLM who are disappointed on their leader.

Edit
As a leader of a demonstration, you have not only responsibility but also obligation.
If a person can't handle these two things then they shouldn't put up a demonstration.

From memory.

Some years back, in fact several years ago.
There were a demonstration in either Denmark or Sweden.
The leader and his inner group had made up plans for eventualities there may
be some anarchist among the demonstrators and these should be neutralized before they
start damaging things or people.
If my memory doesn't play tricks on me. I remember how some demonstrator was surrounded by
8-10 other demonstrators when they started to take a violent detour from the demonstration.
after a while a little group of men and women left the demonstration.

So here is where these leaders have failed.

End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 06-08-20 at 02:29 PM.
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 04:11 PM   #274
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
This is a clip from a UK breakfast show, the guy Piers Morgan I can't stand at the best of times, he constantly interrupts people as they are trying to talk.

Anyway I'm sure you will find this short clip interesting:

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...ay-Thomas-lane

Col.

When asked a question about the reason for pulling a gun. The lawyer gave a very reasonable answer as to why. But it seems to me something was said before the video started that got the lawyer upset. Controversy sells.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 05:35 PM   #275
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
And the "deep state" is a left wing conspiracy that wants to build more weapons and go to war? Imperialism and weapon building is of course so typical "left wing"
No, Catfish, as has been said repeatedly the Deep State is neither left or right but it will support any side that advances their power.

Those Generals whose opinions you suddenly value want to see us continue to be the worlds policemen and they are pissed that Trump does not share that vision.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 05:40 PM   #276
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I guess you have heard the story about Minneapolis will dismantle/abolish their police force.

I found two version of this story

(I will not use quote in these two links)

First a well known alt-right news page

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...cSJr1aH_HWOr4M

And then from a more left wing news page

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ment-dismantle

So it's up the ordinary people to decide which article they believe in.

I trust The Guardian more than I trust Breitbart.

Markus
Old 06-08-20, 09:48 PM   #277
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 06:36 AM   #278
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I guess you have heard the story about Minneapolis will dismantle/abolish their police force.

I found two version of this story

(I will not use quote in these two links)

First a well known alt-right news page

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...cSJr1aH_HWOr4M

And then from a more left wing news page

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ment-dismantle

So it's up the ordinary people to decide which article they believe in.

Markus
You would have to explain what you mean, I do not see differences between the two articles, both report the same facts, but the Guardian article adds more analysis.

The Breitbart article basically just reprints an article which appeared in the Minneapolis Star Tribune which is a traditional liberal newspaper.

What do you have against the Minneapolis Star Tribune?

If you guys want to make an argument that Breitbart is some kind of Alt-Right propaganda platform, you would have to come up with a better example.
Old 06-09-20, 06:41 AM   #279
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
You would have to explain what you mean, I do not see differences between the two articles, both report the same facts, but the Guardian article adds more analysis.

The Breitbart article basically just reprints an article which appeared in the Minneapolis Star Tribune which is a traditional liberal newspaper.

If you guys want to make an argument that Breitbart is some kind of Alt-Right propaganda platform, you would have to come up with a better example.
^Thats why I prefer in such cases to quote an article by its original source, if I found it as a requote first. Often the original source is linked in the requote, else it most often can be easily found via Google, or from the main page of the original source. Avoids misunderstandings. Its not that I really frequently read all the various papers from which I may quote something - I traced it back already.

Just saying.
Old 06-09-20, 01:30 PM   #280
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post

I really don't know where to start my long explanation on why I made a mistake here.

Let begin with Breitbart, which I have known for years and have read a lot of their stories.

In every if not almost every story they have put up on their homepage there have been some altering with the original story
Each time I read one of their stories I search for an alternative version of it.

About my comment.

First time I heard about the Minneapolis council and their plans on the future of their police force was in the news at noon on Danish news channel and late in a Danish article.

In the news and in this Danish article it said the council will rearrange the police in the city.

Later in the evening I saw a friend posting an article from Breitbart
I read the first paragraph
"A veto-proof majority of the Democrat-dominated Minneapolis City Council announced Sunday that it had bowed to Black Lives Matter protesters’ demands to abolish the police, promising the demonstration a “police-free future.”

When reading those words I said to myself...this can't be right the words which was said in the Danish news and in this Danish article told a different story.

So I made a search for a different approach to this story and found The Guardian.

I should have read the entire article in both article.

I was 100 % convinced by reading the first paragraph in Breitbart that they once again had altered with the truth.

So one again I'm sorry for my mistake.

Markus
Old 06-09-20, 02:14 PM   #281
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Don't take it personally Mapuc. You can find articles where Breitbart has a very skewed view of events. I have seen many, but then you can say the same thing about many articles in CNN, The Guardian, etc., just those two articles were not good examples.
Old 06-09-20, 04:55 PM   #282
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Yet another liberal celebrity advocating violence:

Quote:
Tom Arnold suggests people exercise Second Amendment rights against unmarked police in Washington D.C.
Tom Arnold called for “liberal men” to exercise their Second Amendment rights on unmarked law enforcement in Washington D.C.
The actor took to Twitter to encourage violence from people protesting police brutality in the wake of the death of George Floyd, who died May 25 in police custody in Minneapolis, Minn. when Officer Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck for more than eight minutes. In response to reports that President Trump has dispatched additional federal law enforcement in riot gear without visible badges or name identification, Arnold suggested that liberals in D.C. arm themselves.
“2nd Amendment is for everyone including black men with long guns but it's f---ing time for us white liberal men to stand up for our brothers & sisters. Borrow our dad's hunting rifles & go nose to nose with Trump’s gang of misfit tools. Let's do it,” he wrote on Twitter.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-washington-dc
Old 06-09-20, 05:00 PM   #283
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

And people wonder why I bought a Ballistic Vest.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 05:18 PM   #284
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
...and got another headache!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 06:27 PM   #285
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post

While they are still legal to own.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...8/text?r=2&s=1

Tags
police, riots