Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-20, 12:57 PM   #2821
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Look I'll be honest our president has a tendency to insert his foot in his mouth IMO more often than not. But for me whats even more disconcerting is peoples obsession with him. Even harder to fathom is the delusion he could have prevented the spread of the virus, as if we're the only nation on earth with it. Its crazy.

There is as I speak a multitude of millions upon millions of people on this planet earth that are just itching to get back to traveling around the world once restrictions are eased. Like COVID-19 the next virus, God forbid, will be making its rounds long before we know about it. I dont doubt most will initially attribute it to just a really bad flu season like they did with this one before they figure out whats going on. So buck up its not the first pandemic and wont be the last. What have YOU done to prepare for it?
With me it's more about how he grandstanded how prepared the US was and how little it would effect us because MAGA makes it so, and takes credit for all that because of how wonderful he his while failing to take it seriously and use his god like powers to get the ball rolling until it was too late. But that's not his fault because somebody else, something else, anything else was failing to give him the right information. Bull! He failed to take it seriously because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else and doesn't listen to things he doesn't want to hear. Sure, the system wasn't prepared for this before he became King of the USA, but by damn he could have stopped listening to himself and listened to the people qualified to have an opinion on the subject.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 01:20 PM   #2822
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Trrue, also all governments did not exactly shine when it came to this.
Politicians and "leaders" were probaby quite dumb when it comes to listening to expert reports and advice, so this is not only true for the US president.

It is a bit differnt though
a) to boast with having the absolute super genius knowledge (ok no one took this serious) about this flu, and
b) to accuse and blame others for own shortcomings all the time.

We just heard that turkish "president" Erdoghan said "the superior genes of the turkish race are immune against the virus". I guess the numbers of then dead from Turkey can be regarded as "serious" as those of China, or Russia for that matter.

He can boast all he wants it doesn't affect my life at all, not one bit. Because I know the only power he has is whats been delegated to him. But I have to be honest with you, I'm not exactly sure what that all encompasses. But I am confident our system of government will remind him he does not have supreme authority. Which in turn I hope will cause people to realize we dont have a supreme authority to solve all our problems by decree. The downside to that kind of contention between powers is it can sometimes affect our response to crisis. But the nice thing about living in the U.S. is I dont need to depend on them to feed me, cloth me and protect me while they squabble over head lines and political posturing.

On a side note his comments thinking he has supreme authority IMO is just a reflection of the totalitarian nature of corporate America. Hows that for you Catfish?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 01:26 PM   #2823
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

@Rockstar true I know America is much better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
[...] On a side note his comments thinking he has supreme authority IMO is just a reflection of the totalitarian nature of corporate America. Hows that for you Catfish?
It perfectly feeds my prejudice

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 02:19 PM   #2824
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Heard some interesting on the radio earlier today(in the buss)

A Virologist said:

When we have our influenza seasons, parents do not keep their children home.
When there's a whooping cough epidemic, parents do not keep their children home.
When there's a vomiting disease among the kids, parents do not keep their children home.

(This part is from partial memory)
Something with even young people dies from influenza virus like the elders do.
But they have had some underlying disease like the elderly

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 02:24 PM   #2825
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Time to bring back tar and feathering?...

Undercover sting targets NYC pharmacist allegedly hoarding coronavirus masks --

https://qz.com/1836652/sting-targets...navirus-masks/

New York pharmacist under investigation for alleged PPE hoarding, price-gouging: Warrant --

https://abcnews.go.com/US/york-pharm...ry?id=70122188

Quote:
A New York pharmacist is under federal investigation for allegedly price-gouging N95 masks during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a federal search warrant.

Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agents and New York Police Department detectives recently seized 6,500 N95 masks from Richard Schirripa's Madison Avenue and Long Island residences.

Schirripa had been selling N95 respirator masks, an in-demand piece of personal protective equipment, at a markup, according to court records.
Quote:
"The masks I have, I bought prior to the outbreak in the U.S. When it hit China, I went out to get large quantities and unfortunately I paid very high for them, but you know something, when you have something no one else has, it's not a high price," Schirripa allegedly told the agent, according to the search warrant application. "I used to sell a box of these for like $20, now it's like $15 a mask."

<O>
Old 04-14-20, 03:03 PM   #2826
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Time to bring back tar and feathering?...

Undercover sting targets NYC pharmacist allegedly hoarding coronavirus masks --

New York pharmacist under investigation for alleged PPE hoarding, price-gouging: Warrant --

"The masks I have, I bought prior to the outbreak in the U.S. When it hit China, I went out to get large quantities and unfortunately I paid very high for them, but you know something, when you have something no one else has, it's not a high price," Schirripa allegedly told the agent, according to the search warrant application. "I used to sell a box of these for like $20, now it's like $15 a mask."
<O>
Look what I just found for only $9.99 but it ships from China (newegg)

Has replaceable filters good for (30) days
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 04:53 PM   #2827
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Well if you're absolutely sure you don't have it those are ok, otherwise you're venting it out to others. I ordered one of these and plan to make a mask out of it.
Old 04-14-20, 05:23 PM   #2828
August
Wayfaring Stranger

August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 05:33 PM   #2829
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Well if you're absolutely sure you don't have it those are ok, otherwise you're venting it out to others. I ordered one of these and plan to make a mask out of it.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 05:37 PM   #2830
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

Has replaceable filters good for (30) days

For Star Wars fans. Case and filters extra ships from Chernobyl

https://www.soviet-power.com/equipme...s-mask-hq.html

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 05:57 PM   #2831
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Trumpman says he stops funding the World Huseless Organsiation. A stepo I agree with, even with the claimed argument of the wHO being politiclaly and ideologically biased, but of course I do not believe one second that this is his real motivation. His diea is to disatract form his own failure and his own 6 weeks-long delaying in recognising and denial of that Apollo has a problem.

I agree with the net effect of this step, not with the claimed motivation. A blind hen picking away occasionally also finds a corn by random chance.

The WHO's published recommendations on Corona are making mockery of science until today. Hilarious failure from their side. But none that lets the Trumpman weasling out if his share of guilt. He just added to the scale of the net desaster. Like the Spanish government's early denial and the Chinese number forging and hiding and the British wasting of time in the early phase and several others' sins did.
Old 04-14-20, 10:40 PM   #2832
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

NYC death toll jumps by 3,700 after uncounted fatalities are added
https://www.politico.com/states/new-...-added-1275931

Quote:
In a new count released Tuesday, 3,778 more deaths were added to the rolls — driving up the previously recorded total of 6,589 by more than half. Now, the city records 10,367 deaths related to the virus.

Previously, the city had not counted people who died at home without getting tested for the coronavirus, or who died in nursing homes or at hospitals, but did not have a confirmed positive test result. Mayor Bill de Blasio admitted last week that the true number of deaths was far higher than the official tally, and said the city would start including presumed coronavirus cases in its data.

The latest statistics include probable coronavirus deaths through Monday. And even the new statistics may understate the death toll. Probable deaths were recorded as people who did not have a positive lab test for Covid-19, but did have Covid-19 or something similar listed as the cause of death on their death certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Trumpman says he stops funding the World Huseless Organsiation. A step I agree with, even with the claimed argument of the WHO being politically and ideologically biased, but of course I do not believe one second that this is his real motivation. His idea is to distract form his own failure and his own 6 weeks-long delaying in recognizing and denial of that Apollo has a problem.
You are correct. He is doing his usual bluster and distract. He is right, the WHO is in China's pocket, but he should have done this in Jan AND at the same time shut down airtravel completely, get the %^$%@ testing straightened out, and ramped up PPE and ventilator procurement Jan 27. Trump could have been a hero but he struck out and now he wants to blame the people who make his bats.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 11:31 PM   #2833
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

I love President Trump and usually (as love does) over look some of his blunders, but I really think he is stubborn enough and hell bent on opening up the country
ahead of time (with restrictions) no matter what his advisors say.

May first is way too soon give it a couple of more weeks ... schools should be closed till September for sure just make it summer school on line.
One state I forget which one (I think in the south) wants to set everyone back a whole year when school starts again.

What do you say to the people that die after the country is opened back up for business,
"sorry you should've died with the first wave of people when everything was shut down"
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 01:08 AM   #2834
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
schools should be closed till September for sure just make it summer school on line.

Schools are the first thing that should be opened up to students with no underlying conditions or no one in their household with underlying conditions. Teachers with no underlying conditions or people in their household with no underlying conditions should go back to work. They've got the best immune systems, let's see what happens with the rug rats first. If any die we can just think of them as late, late, late term abortions, nobody will mind then.

We should have quarantined people most susceptible, not everybody. A convict released to protect "him" from covid-19 just murdered somebody in Tampa, how is that death going to be classified?

I think I'd rather die eating steak, not something out of a dumpster.

Last edited by em2nought; 04-15-20 at 01:12 AM. Reason: additional thought
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 01:59 AM   #2835
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Trump just said that he had "all the power", but i guess this does not matter in a "constitutional republic".
After all he has to be on a level playing field with the idiots of China and Russia, or so he thinks.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan