Closed Thread

Old 05-15-17, 07:38 AM   #2746
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Political parties must be destroyed. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Their power priviliges must die with them.
And then what?

Old 05-15-17, 08:20 AM   #2747
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Then democracy is finished, and Skybird will erect his Empire of Doom.

Seriously, with Facebook, the Internet and Google certain groups of people will be presented with certain news, tailored for them, just like those advertisements.
All what a man makes out is measured in spending power, political views are tailored to his liking, there is no "hate" button, only warm fuzzy likes, and his encounter with any hostile group deviating from his point of view has to be avoided at all costs, really or on virtual public platforms.

This is how Breitbart and Fox do it, to get their stuff sold. Not only anymore, of course, other Media jump the bandwagon to be able to sell their bovine scatology. They sell trolling and hate as an "opinion", standing out from this despicable common sense and what they call "political correctness", and which has now to be avoided. Call a Black man a n. again, and all will be fine. It is only the "political correctness" why we have it soo bad.

Since people do not see anything else they will then believe that everybody thinks as they do, and they will then create, and belong to, opinionated swarms, isolated from reality. This is how radicalisation and the downfall of democracy already works. We can see this in the US, and we usually get those things happening here ten years later, though now it will probably be only five years.

After the peeing contest of who can f. itself up better, between brexit lovers and Trump, I wonder who will play the Trump here, after Merkel.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 05-15-17 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typoes and sense ;)
Old 05-15-17, 08:46 AM   #2748
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
And then what?
"Destroy the Mafia! Fight corruption, special interests and lobbyism!" - "And then what?"

If you still cannot see why parties and lifelong career politicians are no part of the solution, but part of the problem, and that they do not make things better, but worse, since allways - then I really have nothing new to tell you.
Old 05-15-17, 08:52 AM   #2749
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
"Destroy the Mafia! Fight corruption, special interests and lobbyism!" - "And then what?"

If you still cannot see why parties and lifelong career politicians are no part of the solution, but part of the problem, and that they do not make things better, but worse, since allways - then I really have nothing new to tell you.
What "old" can you to tell me, then, if nothing new at all?

Again: Then what?

Old 05-15-17, 09:20 AM   #2750
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

Come on, use your wits and give an intelligent argument that really has substance and isn't just a regurgitation of 'the party line'... if you can...

<O>
when someone actually bothers to have an intelligent discussion, I reply accordingly.

When someone posts Politifact as an unbiased source, I laugh...

If you want posters to actually reply to your posts intelligently, then stop ranting.

-------------------------------------

The truth is there is no hard evidence of any collusion between Trump and the Russians.

if YOU can come up with even one piece of actual evidence, please post it.

If someone can actually come up with some actual evidence that Trump actually committed a criminal offence, then yes, I will support the appointment of a special counsel.

Until then, this is just a political witch hunt.
Old 05-15-17, 09:30 AM   #2751
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
when someone actually bothers to have an intelligent discussion, I reply accordingly.
Yet you have proven just again you wouldn't...

Old 05-15-17, 09:51 AM   #2752
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Until then, this is just a political witch hunt.
That's what this is all about, what it always was about.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 05-15-17, 09:53 AM   #2753
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That's what this is all about, what it always was about.
And it is absolutely not OK!!!!!! ...except we hunt Hillary or other democrats, ehhh?

Old 05-15-17, 10:00 AM   #2754
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Interesting article:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rosenst...mey-1494785294

Quote:
By Kenneth W. Starr

May 14, 2017 2:08 p.m. ET

Rosenstein’s Compelling Case Against Comey

Demands for a special prosecutor are way off base. The guardrails of our republic are secure.

The long knives are out. The ultimate doomsday scenario for a constitutional republic in peacetime—calls for impeachment of the president—has now been augmented by a growing chorus of voices demanding a far less dramatic but nonetheless profoundly serious step: appointment of a special prosecutor. Even for this less drastic move, the calls are way off base. At a minimum, the suggestion is premature.
The developing narrative, trumpeted on the weekend talk shows, is that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein must appoint a special prosecutor to restore his long-established reputation for integrity and professionalism. Attorney General Jeff Sessions has recused himself from the entire matter.
The basic complaint is that the newly appointed second-in-command at the Justice Department lost public confidence by crafting a three-page memorandum to the attorney general that severely criticized then-FBI Director James Comey, whom President Trump quickly fired. At least one senator has already mocked Mr. Rosenstein’s May 9 memorandum as “laughable.” They are wrong.
Let’s see what the Rosenstein memorandum actually says. It is titled “Restoring Public Confidence in the FBI.” Mr. Rosenstein rightly praises the bureau as “our nation’s premier investigative agency.” Mr. Rosenstein singles out Mr. Comey for high praise as “an articulate and persuasive speaker about leadership and the immutable principles of the Department of Justice.” The memorandum goes on to praise the FBI chief for his long and distinguished public service.
Mr. Rosenstein then turns to the director’s profound failures during his stewardship of the FBI. Above all, the new deputy attorney general states: “I cannot defend the Director’s handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary [Hillary] Clinton’s emails.” In this Mr. Rosenstein echoes the vehement complaints by Democrats during the 2016 campaign, and indeed comments only last week by Mrs. Clinton herself. Even Republicans had raised an arched eyebrow at what the director did and when he chose to do it. The deputy attorney general goes on to express befuddlement that Mr. Comey still refuses “to accept the nearly universal judgment that he was mistaken.”
The memorandum then identifies the fatal offense of any FBI leader—the usurpation of the authority of the Justice Department itself. In a power grab, Mr. Comey had announced the ultimate prosecutorial decision, namely that Mrs. Clinton would not be prosecuted. The FBI director had no authority to do that. That was not all. Mr. Comey, the memo went on, “compounded the error” by holding a press conference releasing “derogatory information about the subject of a declined criminal investigation.” This was all way outside the foul lines of Justice Department professionalism.
Succinctly, but with devastating effectiveness, the Rosenstein memorandum demonstrates Mr. Comey’s egregious violations of long-settled Justice Department practice and policy. Mr. Rosenstein draws from the director’s testimony before Congress and his unprecedented letter to Congress days before the election. He addresses Mr. Comey’s argument that had he failed to insert himself once again into the presidential campaign—as voting was already under way in many states—it would have constituted “concealment".

Old 05-15-17, 10:06 AM   #2755
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Another interesting article. I really like this guys take on it.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/articl...ICLE/170519920

Quote:
Yes, I was shocked that President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, but not for the same reasons as the howling national media and the hypocritical Democratic establishment.

I had long ago concluded that Comey had insulated himself from being fired because of his peculiar public role in the 2016 presidential election. Whether Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump had been elected last November, it was obvious that dumping Comey would be regarded as political payback. This was true even though virtually no one had confidence in Comey’s ability to do his job.

What I didn’t count on was Trump’s absolute disdain for political correctness or conventional wisdom. He had to know the reaction that would follow from his decision to unceremoniously fire Comey, and yet he did it anyway. You almost have to think he did it on purpose just to unleash the predictable firestorm of attacks from the D.C. establishment. How better to burnish his own credentials as the consummate outsider? In firing Comey, he did what virtually everyone had said should be done, and which hypocritically no one in the deep swamp state really wanted him to do. Suddenly, when Comey was gone, the Democrats and the media elite missed him terribly, and they lamented their loss with ashes and sackcloth on every available cable channel. Comey, we hardly knew ye! Or, as Joe Gillis reminded us in “Sunset Boulevard” while he was floating face down in a Hollywood swimming pool, “Funny how gentle people get with you once you’re dead.”

Of course, the talking heads of cable news turned the Comey firing into a 24/7 cause celebre. With each passing hour, it became more and more clear that the press was enthusiastically adopting the role Trump had christened for it as “the opposition party.” It was the news reporters and talk show hosts who were themselves sneeringly passing judgment on Trump. Every hour brought some new wrinkle of smug superiority as they rolled their eyes, raised their eyebrows, smirked and chortled at the supposed incompetence of Trump and his team.

Yes, they brought in the usual Democratic hit men to bolster the case that Trump was a danger to democracy and a menace to the earth, but the Democrats were just supporting actors. The lead role — the Norma Desmond role, if you will — was played by CNN, MSNBC and yes, even Fox News. As delusional Norma declaimed in Billy Wilder’s snarling “Sunset Boulevard,” “There’s nothing else. Just us, and the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark. All right, Mr. De Mille, I’m ready for my closeup.”

That closeup has lasted for four long lingering days and nights as of this writing. Every new revelation has been distorted by media snobs like Jake Tapper and Chris Matthews into one more nail in Trump’s supposed political coffin. Tapper and others said, for instance, that the Russians were laughing at the United States, but these nabobs of negativism didn’t realize that the Russians were laughing at the U.S. media, not the American people. Trump actually got it, and he tweeted Thursday afternoon, “Russia must be laughing up their sleeves watching as the U.S. tears itself apart over a Democrat EXCUSE for losing the election.”

The actual example of that laughter was quite delightful when it wasn’t being distorted by the dishonest media. It happened on Wednesday when the Russian foreign minister snorted at NBC reporter Andrea Mitchell for her naivete. Mitchell had shouted out a question to Sergey Lavrov during a photo op with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson: “Does the Comey firing cast a shadow over your talks, gentlemen?” Lavrov first made a joke: “Was he fired?” (as if anyone could have missed that point!) and then he specifically made fun of Mitchell’s foolishness to think that U.S.-Russia relations were going to go on pause because of Comey’s employment status. He told her twice, “You are kidding! You are kidding!”

Unfortunately, neither Mitchell, not Tapper, nor any of the other overpaid TV hosts, analysts, reporters or anchors seemed to get the joke. Maybe they just take themselves too seriously. Certainly, no one else does.

Old 05-15-17, 11:07 AM   #2756
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Yet you have proven just again you wouldn't...
so have you! well done! you must be so proud.....
Old 05-15-17, 11:08 AM   #2757
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
so have you! well done! you must be so proud.....
And I never made that claim, you did.
This is about you, not me.

Old 05-15-17, 11:09 AM   #2758
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
And I never made that claim, you did.
This is about you, not me.
and just what claim did I make?

This is all about you..or you know it will be...
Old 05-15-17, 12:22 PM   #2759
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Good Lord!...

It come down to "You are!", "No. you are!!", "No, You are!!!" as the argument for Bilge_Rat...

Yes, Bilge_rat, I already know your response...

"You are!!!!"...

<O>
Old 05-15-17, 12:45 PM   #2760
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Good Lord!...

It come down to "You are!", "No. you are!!", "No, You are!!!" as the argument for Bilge_Rat...

Yes, Bilge_rat, I already know your response...

"You are!!!!"...

<O>
nice dance move there skippy.

so...still no proof of collusion between Trump and the Russians I see...

please feel free to post when you actually have some facts.

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 05-15-17 at 01:02 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter