SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-21-13, 06:27 PM   #2701
moosenoodles
Helmsman

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

What is this part of the installation info or rather many parts of the various installation info lol.. its all over the place even though it has some order of thought it seems to over do it

"Extract the patcher with 7zip and put the folder on your desktop .
While using the exe patcher click on File/Restore snapshot and point it to the snapshot found in the mod sobers New UI addons for mega mod list in the documents folder .
or just use your own snapshot ."

I dont see anything of a patcher exe mentioned after the initial campaing new start list/info in first post.... what is this patcher and what part of the download set is it, I just dont see it..

Is this mega mod download not just a straightforward drop the mods into the mod folder after installing the jgse installer, running the MEP to correct the order and then install?

^^ im hoping its just the post to me is like the same info over and over again but in seperate sections, and its slightly different in its approach each time/confusing and a little off putting to know which is the definitive part to really follow..

Thanks for any feedback here.. o7

edit: this is all for a spanking new install by the way with fresh campaign start.
moosenoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 08:10 PM   #2702
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnkelMoose View Post
What is this part of the installation info or rather many parts of the various installation info lol.. its all over the place even though it has some order of thought it seems to over do it

"Extract the patcher with 7zip and put the folder on your desktop .
While using the exe patcher click on File/Restore snapshot and point it to the snapshot found in the mod sobers New UI addons for mega mod list in the documents folder .
or just use your own snapshot ."

I dont see anything of a patcher exe mentioned after the initial campaing new start list/info in first post.... what is this patcher and what part of the download set is it, I just dont see it..

Is this mega mod download not just a straightforward drop the mods into the mod folder after installing the jgse installer, running the MEP to correct the order and then install?

^^ im hoping its just the post to me is like the same info over and over again but in seperate sections, and its slightly different in its approach each time/confusing and a little off putting to know which is the definitive part to really follow..

Thanks for any feedback here.. o7

edit: this is all for a spanking new install by the way with fresh campaign start.
Patcher
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-13, 02:57 AM   #2703
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 1800 22112013
added sobers campaign start mod for OH2 SH5 (deletes the tutorial)
added sobers New UI addons for mega mod list (no need to use the options editor or merge menu files IE: noob friendly) . Don't use it if you already know how to use the editor and what files need merging) .
Old 11-22-13, 04:06 AM   #2704
moosenoodles
Helmsman

Great! I see you have streamlined the follow me instructions.. I will go through it now.

p.s Also when it says you have "added" does this mean just in view of your mod what you have done or are the links to the changed files updated also, This needs confirmation as wether one has to go grab them and rename them to fit a MEP or not?
Old 11-22-13, 04:11 AM   #2705
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnkelMoose View Post
Great! I see you have streamlined the follow me instructions.. I will go through it now.
See if that makes more sense . I want to get this right for people that just start playing
Old 11-22-13, 04:29 AM   #2706
moosenoodles
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
See if that makes more sense . I want to get this right for people that just start playing
yes its a ton more straight forward yet still it has a ton of room for improvement, I mean that in the best possible taste btw

Reason being,

Any pre setup and awareness of installing mods of "what needs to be done" should always come first in what you are reading..

The underlined white text is better as its more compact now but it still says go ahead and install the mods with mod installer.. Be aware this does not at the time of reading that tell the user to use a MEP to get the right order.

Some people will not read on to see that there are other stipulations regarding what was said at the start of the information of what you should do. I would try not to state what happens in installing a mod set as if its in the 3rd person feeling of speech...

Just do a bullet point of the steps needed is enough, and next to those steps any links needed with bracketed info on issues or such. The bullet pointed steps of install should be thorough in each step so nothing needs to be read after the following of those steps to make it correct and working.

For instance I can read what was put and get through it,, sure.. But then there is moments like oh look I have this all in one file which I signed up for to grab as its easier and beneficial to neal ( the donation ) .. But the file reads "Sober_all_n_one28082013" << now seeing as that is a sort of paid up file download of sorts say and you go and update the mod to make things better or easier, place something somewhere that informs of what needs to be done if anything to amend also what you have changed.

I personally dont get what you changed, as when I look at the edit you did it still has the files/names of what I already have but it shows that I have an apparent older all in one package with the mods I downloaded last night. last night yes...

Hence why I said if you post 080022112013 with an edit saying changed newUI mod etc give some info of that files link if there is on, if its just a config change for even the order change.

thing is I read your order change in green and yellow
"Mods List sobers 1800 22112013 (correct order)"

and above it, it reads.. "sobers New UI addons for mega mod list . Enable last in the mod enabler ."

but the list below showing the order shows it in the middle of a list.

Keep it simple remove all the bumf and just list a straight forward step guide with no back and forth info of confusement cheers.

Sterling job you are doing btw, it would of already drove me insane

Edit: I see the campaign oh2 file link has been updated today 22/11/13 so replacing that is fine and makes sense checking the link etc..
I looked at the newUI mod file you said was changed but the date on this is
11-06-2013 < is this important to know as you have said you changed it but its showing old date on the
link for it.

Edit: ok pasting this for you to look over in relation to the install guide.

"TDW SH5Patcher (doesnt work with the steam version of the game)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433
I have included my snapshot of my exe patcher options in the mod (sobers New UI addons for mega mod list) Just point to this file when loading the snapshot when using the exe patcher ."

^^ this does not tell the user anything much unless they wish to go read 100's of pages from that link to the guy working on code hacks for hydrophones... "when using the patcher"?
yes.. when lol?

This should be amended to show when this fits into the install if at all, why it is here being shown for the mega mod pack etc...
Whats the purpose of this at the top of the post? I vaguely remember seeing it somewhere in the old install guide you had up but now its not shown..
I then start to think, ok he said he amended the NewUI mega mod file to make "
(no need to use the options editor or merge menu files IE: noob friendly)"

Does merging or menu files have anything to do with the TDW patcher? if so could it be worded better to fit what is being read at the top of your install guide post regarding
said patcher? IE.
Again its multi info not matching multi info in the way I am seeing it.

I Have a fresh install sitting here im looking at it and thinking what should I do now really? If I am thinking that then it means unsureness which equates to not
understanding what needs to be done incase of errors made and having to reinstall all of SH5 again.

Last edited by moosenoodles; 11-22-13 at 04:59 AM.
Old 11-22-13, 05:38 AM   #2707
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Maybe I need a script writer . If anyone wants to redo the thread then go ahead . I don't have time or the skills . I understand what you are saying , it could be a whole lot better written .
Old 11-22-13, 06:09 AM   #2708
moosenoodles
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Maybe I need a script writer . If anyone wants to redo the thread then go ahead . I don't have time or the skills . I understand what you are saying , it could be a whole lot better written .
The problem is not that really, I have just come to give it a go and find that all the mods are incompatible with the MEP's due to non consistency between MEP and File name keeping.

There seems to be no order discipline with the community But I guess one cant expect that with so many mod makers doing single mods and not as a whole joint venture. So no upload change repository before being out to public is possible.

Ill show you what the guy out of nowhere gets when on first attempts

http://gyazo.com/7d972dfcacfeae9b77ae58493f06fde0 (pic)

As seen, the mod mega pack has for instance NewUI_TDC 7_5_0 and what is odd is this pack is 28/8/2013

the MEP load error states 7_4_2 ( this is the outdated one? ) and yet this is supposedly the right files to use when downloading for the mod pack? Yet the pack from the bonus mod forum area for easy download has a file that has a higher version number? very confusing.......

Now its easy to change a text file to read the right info and it will load, but when you look at an upated post to the mod order and it shows 7_4_2 thats when it gets a bit cooky and you wonder what should be used.

A working MEP is critical for matching the files that should be used.. The odd one or two to change is ok when something major has been updated by a mod maker, but when it throws a full list up its a bit oh dear godish..

This all seems to be down to lack of time or something to keep files updated? Neal hosts the bonus area for grabbing the packs of commonly used mega mod installs but it seems mixed with outdated and latest files even though the file pack date is old.. ( that in itself needs a fix ) or there is something I am overlooking here.

This mod can not be tested out and enjoyed right now by myself because I have no idea what is working, what is needed etc all due to individual parties not being able to keep things listed and upto date.

Come in from sea guys scrub up and get things ship shape.
Old 11-22-13, 06:58 AM   #2709
moosenoodles
Helmsman

I just finished sorting it all out with what was newly added in the list along with updated versions of mods/compats etc. All following what Sober uses in his MEP load order.

Now thing is this mod pack is large and nowhere to dump it..

Neal if you got a ftp server I can put it on let me know and ill upload it later tonight when I am done gaming and house chores etc etc.. along with the MEP.

... p.s Steelvikings interior mod takes a while in the mod enabler doesnt it to get through hehehe..

Edit: I will go through the issues if any when its done, and have feeling there will be a few. and as im typing this there we go "access violation at address 004823AC in module JSGME.exe"

meh grrrr, I see some stuff that is greyed out in the list of active mods this seems to be toublesome
Old 11-22-13, 07:53 AM   #2710
moosenoodles
Helmsman

gee quite dead on this forum then?

I manually placed the order of loading the mods and run the game set graphics and sound as it was loading into the bunker gets to end music stops black screen loading still on hd i see and then..

http://gyazo.com/848539c28586fefcad04716cffc6926d

nada,., just straight back to uplay thanks for playing msg gee yeah all of 5mins....

so no error msgs nothing,, just quits.. how does one solve this mystery I wonder. I seem to have nothing to work with eh?

edit: why he heck does it say "Nub" above my portrait.. that is soooo rude.
Old 11-22-13, 11:08 AM   #2711
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Default @ OnkelMoose

'...all the mods are incompatible with the MEP's due to non consistency between MEP and File name keeping.'
I see what you mean by mods' names' inconcistencies.

As some mods have been updated (new versions) the exact names in the .mep file don't correspond to the updated ones.
Usually just the version mumber has been changed. Right?

Still, if you stick to the load order you have a working mods list and you should be able to update the list with the new versions.
The easiest way to do this is to Google the mods like: 'mod's name' subsim.

Looking at that pic you posted the impression I get from what can be seen is that those mods aren't present in your JSGME...
They must be in your C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS folder or the JSGME won't find the mods and won't load the list.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-13, 03:21 PM   #2712
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 0700 23112013
added
Patrolsearch autoscriptsV04
Removed
Patrolsearch autoscriptsV03
Old 11-22-13, 06:37 PM   #2713
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 1100 23112013
removed
Disabled Sonar Ping-TDW NewUIs compatibile
not compatible with the list .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 11-22-13 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-22-13, 10:00 PM   #2714
Lefort
Nub

Downloads: 175
Default OMG

Sober, can u lay out your own MEP list for last mod?

Its very difficult for me, with my knowledges in english understand how to modificate SH5 by own hands...

Sorry for distract.
Lefort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-13, 06:34 AM   #2715
razanon
Watch

Downloads: 284
Default damn Kiel

still having problems with kiel. returning after first misión from Memel.

i reinstalled ALL and erase SHV folder and installed open horizons start, with no tutorial (really new update)

coming to kiel at 1X i get a CTD, is there any solution ??
razanon is offline   Reply With Quote