SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-23-11, 07:01 PM   #256
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Tried to open
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Terrain\Locations\CustomAreas\malta\Wall GR2
Could not find texture file harbor_malta_zid_ao.dds
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-11, 07:47 PM   #257
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

That's cause it does not exist.
Another mistake by the Dev's.
Old 11-23-11, 08:15 PM   #258
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
That's cause it does not exist.
Another mistake by the Dev's.
More mess to clean up then .
Old 11-23-11, 08:18 PM   #259
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

If it's an AO mapping problem?
I can extract the AO's and you could make the texture if you wish.
Old 11-23-11, 08:41 PM   #260
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

ah ok , its an ao file . Got it .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 11-23-11 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-24-11, 02:38 AM   #261
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v1.0.406.0 released. This just fixes problems that were posted with v1.0.402.0

Working on the writing of the vertex data to file currently. Not going as smooth as I thought it would...
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-11, 03:40 AM   #262
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

so far, good work anyway!!!

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-11, 11:52 PM   #263
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.409.0 released. See post #1

Any changes made to a mesh (position, rotation, scaling) is now saved to the file I would make a backup copy before editing any file just to be safe I've tested it on many files and didn't have any problems.

I was pulling my hair out for nearly 2 days trying to figure out why when I would write the updated vertex data to the file and then close the app, reopen the app, and load the file I made the mesh edits to the mesh was trashed. My code was perfect so I was really stumped. Ended up being that when I let DirectX optimize the mesh it was removing verticies, reordering verticies, and sometimes even splitting verticies for those meshes who had more than 1 subset. Now I don't let DirectX split verticies, remove verticies, or reorder verticies when it optimizes the mesh and everything works perfectly

The next version I'll change the way user inputs rotations from quaternions to the more familiar pitch, yaw, and roll.

Let me know if you encounter any problems editing/moving/rotating/scaling any meshes with this version. If so, please let me know which file you were editing
Old 11-25-11, 06:08 PM   #264
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Noob question
If i wanted to move the position of the cloud models GR2 nimbostratus 01 to a lower position would that be x y or z .
Old 11-25-11, 06:13 PM   #265
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

If in the future i wanted to release a mod would this be ok as an example .
[REL]sobers undersea rock mod
Made using GR2 Editor/Viewer/Extractor/Importer by TDW .
What other credits ?
Old 11-25-11, 08:33 PM   #266
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Noob question
If i wanted to move the position of the cloud models GR2 nimbostratus 01 to a lower position would that be x y or z .
A lower position would be a smaller y value. If you have the origin axis on (it's on by default) then the green line is the +y direction, the red line is the +x direction and the blue line is the +z direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
If in the future i wanted to release a mod would this be ok as an example .
[REL]sobers undersea rock mod
Made using GR2 Editor/Viewer/Extractor/Importer by TDW .
What other credits ?
I think it would be ok without the made using There's no reason to credit the app or me as I/it didn't do the work, it/I just made it possible for you to do the work
Old 11-26-11, 11:56 PM   #267
ZL2BMH
Watch

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Default you are all a godsend

Hello Guy's.

Well you are all a very talented lot. I don't know anything at all about computers, I really are only at kindergarten level, however I have read all your postings and replies, there is just so much to it and I admire you all. I've had a lot of help from kylania who, without his help, I would have fired this sim away forever. I have also got you all on DVD's and being a pensioner I have the time to study and try and get myself up to date a little.

I would like to congratulate and thank you all for the fun I am getting, and just wish one of you would settle next door to my house!!

Again many many thanks.

Jim. zl2bmh.
ZL2BMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 04:48 PM   #268
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Been working a lot on the app. I have shaders implemented and boy does it really make a difference!

You'll see from the screenshots that many new features have been added. I just have to code in the ability to disable the AO map and then a new version will be ready for release

I had three lights enabled with these screenshots: a directional light, a point light, and a spotlight. Play around with the lights, you can get some really cool scenes...

King George V with just AO enabled using shaders:

same but with specular enabled:

same with bump enabled:

Notice that the rivets really stand out. Our SH5 models should be looking like this in-game!!

You can switch between fixed-function pipeline rendering and shaders. If your video card doesn't support vertex shader model 2.0 and/or pixel shader model 3.0 then you are forced with fixed-function pipeline.

I'm going to try and add shadows via shaders but I've almost maxed out my instruction limit in the pixel shader...

All lighting is done per-pixel with the shaders.
Old 12-11-11, 07:39 PM   #269
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Coded in the ability to choose which maps (diffuse, AO, bump) to render. I wanted this because I wanted to see what some of the unit's AO maps looks like. I think some are not even near correct and now we have the ability to look and see

You can have lighting enabled or disabled with any combination of these maps. This lets you see what's 'going on'.

If you feel like playing around with the shaders you can. Edit the shaders and when you're ready to see the changes press 'R' to recompile the shaders and start rendering with them (provided you have 'Programmable (Shaders)' selected in the rendering panel). If you have errors in the shaders a dialog box will tell you what the errors are so you can fix them. If errors are encountered it will switch to fixed-function pipeline rendering. Once you've fixed the errors press 'R' to recompile and try again Once error free select 'Programmable (Shaders)' from the rendering panel to render with them.

nVidia's FX Composer 2.5 is an awesome free app to use to edit/view/play around with shaders

Here is King George V's AO map with no lighting and using shaders (looks the same using fixed-function pipeline also):

Just a couple more bugs to work out...

I'm also going to add a way that you can press a key and have the model updated (reload textures, meshes, etc.). This will allow you to make changes to the textures or whatever and then see the results in real time.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 12-11-11 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-11-11, 11:04 PM   #270
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.429.0 released. See post #1

I have a type of pixel fog that is available when programmable (shaders) mode is selected. You'll find the fog parameters in the render tab.

Added a new menu item 'Shaders' that has an entry 'Recompile'. When activated it will recompile the shaders and start rendering with them (if programmable (shaders) mode is selected). You can also press the 'R' key to do the same thing.

You can pan the camera now using the W,A,S, and D keys.

Still might implement another camera model.

In order to use shaders your video card has to be vertex shader mode 2.0 or higher and pixel shader mode 3.0 or higher. If your video card doesn't meet these requirements then you are stuck in fixed-function pipeline mode. That mode does everything shaders does but shaders does lighting calculations per pixel. I could let you use the reference mode.......have to think about that one.