SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-10, 07:18 PM   #256
harryt8
Bosun

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default Well done...!!

macman94, Could I sincerely congratulate you and your collaborators on the MaGui 3.4 mod with a final version to possibly follow shortly.
The graphics and attention to detail are simply superb.

I must also credit you with the dogged determination to clearly answer all the questions about your excellent mod raised in the 17+ pages of posts.
This is extremely commendable. Your patience is gracious..!!

Unfortunately however I have to add to that list. I am getting a conflict with Luca's Conning Tower Open Hatch093food mod. The computer says NO..!!
Is there a fix or a load sequence to this or is it to be avoided when using MaGui?

Anyway, very well done.

Last edited by harryt8; 10-14-10 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-13-10, 09:48 PM   #257
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3232

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryt8 View Post
macman94, Could I sincerely congratulate you and your collaborators on the MaGui 3.4 mod with a final version to possibly follow shortly.

However, I am getting a conflict with Luca's Conning Tower Open Hatch093food mod. The computer says NO..!!
Is there a fix or a load sequence to this or is to be avoided?

Anyway, very well done.
I use the Aces Multimod compatibility mod after Conning Tower Open Hatch food. No conflicts with MaGUI 3.4, all works fine.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 10-14-10, 12:05 AM   #258
harryt8
Bosun

Default Thanks

Thanks Fitzcarraldo for this suggestion.
I see it third from the end of your JSMGE List.
I have been using your list to try and work out a "loading sequence" as I have had some trouble with mod compatability.
I presume Aces' stuff is in SH3 downloads?
Old 10-14-10, 09:53 AM   #259
kaizerkat
Helmsman

Downloads: 498

Does anybody know how to fix the calculation pad i.e(entfernung,winkel and geschwindigkeit) when using the attack peri.My pad just shows the range and not too clear at that.What is the most popular & easiest method to use when lining up an attack in this mod?Last, is there a good tutorial on how to use the TDC if i did not use magui and just wanted to use it in the gwx3?
Old 10-14-10, 11:42 AM   #260
M00nStalker
Watch

Downloads: 26

First of all I just want to say great work, the GUI is beautiful!

Secondly, I might just be stupid but I just can't get the AOB disc down over the periscope. Is there a button, do I have to drag it down or how do I get it to appear?
Old 10-15-10, 12:31 AM   #261
harryt8
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I use the Aces Multimod compatibility mod after Conning Tower Open Hatch food. No conflicts with MaGUI 3.4, all works fine.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Sorry, can't find it.
Directions please.
Thank you.
Old 10-15-10, 04:06 AM   #262
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi makman !

It looks fantastic !!!

But I´ve one wish to you: Can you please listening all the new changes / entries in the Files "Menu_1024_768.ini" and / or "Dials.cfg" in the Final MaGui in contrast to the MaGui 3.4 in the Read Me or tell me via PM ? Because I use the MaGui 3.4 with an own modded Menu_1024_768.ini and Dials.cfg !!! That would me facilitate the adaptation!

Best regards mate,
Magic
hi Magic,

this is not necessery Magic, becuase it is very easy to find out yourself the differences . you only have to download a free programme for comparing text files and this programme will show you all the differences

Quote:

I must also credit you with the dogged determination to clearly answer all the questions about your excellent mod raised in the 17+ pages of posts.
This is extremely commendable. Your patience is gracious..!!

Unfortunately however I have to add to that list. I am getting a conflict with Luca's Conning Tower Open Hatch093food mod. The computer says NO..!!
Is there a fix or a load sequence to this or is it to be avoided when using MaGui?

Anyway, very well done.
Hi Harryt8,
thank you very much for your kind words
MaGui is much much more than only good graphics but you will find that out as long as you getting 'deeper' to sh3.

to your question: Luca's thread is a real ''mess'' for me ! i mean that i can't understand what is the final version (if there is one), what version is doing what ,what version is made for working with the FM mod....etc .

anyway , as i see that Luca is disappeared, i used the following setting and made a fix for making them compatible with MaGui 3.4

Installation
------------
1. DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
2. FM_NewInterior_V1.0
3. Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
4. MaGui 3.4
5. CT_FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.4

get the ''CT_FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.4'' from my ff page

use EXACTLY the above mods ! if you use other than the above the 'fix' might not work 100% for lucas mod (it will work though for magui).

i have told back then to the authors of these mods to give in public a complete mod with all these goodys merged but it didn't happened and as long as there is no final version i am not going to waste more time for these compatibilities.that's why i have given a fix only for the FM mod (becuase Flakmonkey gave a final version)

bye

Quote:

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
that is totally wrong Fitzcarraldo ! Aces , AFAIK , never worked on mods including MaGui so his compatibility mod is not working with MaGui (you don't have problems becuase the FM fix for MaGui 3.4 is later on your list )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerkat View Post
Does anybody know how to fix the calculation pad i.e(entfernung,winkel and geschwindigkeit) when using the attack peri.My pad just shows the range and not too clear at that.What is the most popular & easiest method to use when lining up an attack in this mod?Last, is there a good tutorial on how to use the TDC if i did not use magui and just wanted to use it in the gwx3?
hi Kaizerkat,

sorry, i don't understand what is your 'problem' . give a pic of the problem

bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00nStalker View Post
First of all I just want to say great work, the GUI is beautiful!

Secondly, I might just be stupid but I just can't get the AOB disc down over the periscope. Is there a button, do I have to drag it down or how do I get it to appear?
hi M00nStalker,

at the start options ,you must have the ''manual targeting system'' ENABLED .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assprella View Post
Many thanks, Sir.

I love your GUI and I think that is one of the best we can use to fun.

Thankyou.
hi Assprella,
thank you very much

you will 'love' the final version !!

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 10-15-10 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-15-10, 05:23 AM   #263
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hi Magic,

this is not necessery Magic, becuase it is very easy to find out yourself the differences . you only have to download a free programme for comparing text files and this programme will show you all the differences
Hi makman,

then I could use "WinMerge" to find the differences !

I hope that are not so many differences......

Best regards mate,

Magic
Old 10-22-10, 03:47 AM   #264
harryt8
Bosun

Still puzzled.............

Makman94 kindly suggested:

Installation
------------
2. FM_NewInterior_V1.0
4. MaGui 3.4

I have tried many times to run these mods in this sequence.
However, after staring at the red line on the loading screen for an infinite amount of time, it always crashes back to desktop.

I have taken screenshots of the conflicts, but I seem not to be allowed via the posting rules to be able to post then. (Why? Does one have to pay?)

If I load only MaGui 3.4, it loads successfully and I can proceed with the game.
If I introduce FM New Interior, a number of warnings come up concerning .arm .cfg. .cam .dat and .sim files. These have already been altered by DD_OH_V3.09
If I introduce Conning Tower Open Hatch a similar number of warnings relating to .cfg .cam .dat .sim that have been altered by both DD_OH and CTOH.
If I then introduce MaGui 3.4, I get warnings of Command and Camera files .cfg and .dat have already been altered.
If I load the CT_FM Fix, I get similar warnings.

Now, I understand what's happening here from a conceptual level, but on the one hand I'm being told that a sequence will work, but in practice it doesn't. My install is pretty standard GWX with no other mod conflicts.

I can play the game without the FM Mod and Conning Tower mod, but I would like to utilize them.

Again, my apologies that I am unable to load my JSGME Screenshots to assist with the diagnosis.

Suggestions, solutions and advice from any ModMeisters most welcome?
Old 10-22-10, 06:41 AM   #265
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:

Installation
------------
2. FM_NewInterior_V1.0
4. MaGui 3.4

However, after staring at the red line on the loading screen for an infinite amount of time, it always crashes back to desktop.

I have taken screenshots of the conflicts, but I seem not to be allowed via the posting rules to be able to post then. (Why? Does one have to pay?)

If I load only MaGui 3.4, it loads successfully and I can proceed with the game.
If I introduce FM New Interior, a number of warnings come up concerning .arm .cfg. .cam .dat and .sim files. These have already been altered by DD_OH_V3.09
If I introduce Conning Tower Open Hatch a similar number of warnings relating to .cfg .cam .dat .sim that have been altered by both DD_OH and CTOH.
If I then introduce MaGui 3.4, I get warnings of Command and Camera files .cfg and .dat have already been altered.

Now, I understand what's happening here from a conceptual level, but on the one hand I'm being told that a sequence will work, but in practice it doesn't. My install is pretty standard GWX with no other mod conflicts.

I can play the game without the FM Mod and Conning Tower mod, but I would like to utilize them.

Again, my apologies that I am unable to load my JSGME Screenshots to assist with the diagnosis.

Hi, mate. Please, see my JSGME list:

GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
WBNN Mission Orders
GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V5
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_21_204f
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Rbs3withlifeboat
Rbs2withbuoyance
Rbs7regularzone
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
Unofficial_rockets_fix_GWX3.0
Elite U-boat Binoculars
New Uboat Guns 1.2
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
U-Boat Bases Map with New St Nazaire
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
Combat Radio Frequency
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
No continuous 'Ship spotted' V1.2 for GWX3+Rubinis RocketFix
FM30_UpDown_final
WB's Deck Gun Range
WB's Decks Awash + Fuel Economy
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
Flags_enlighten
Real Depth Charge
Ice Age
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
b25_SF_Grass_Full_V2
Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
Ambient Hydrophone Sound
Ambient Underwater Sound
Das boot sound
DBSM_SH3_Speech_Fix
MFM-Interim-Beta
Rbs5EffectsLITE
Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta
Rapt0r's Das Boot Interior
Rapt0r's Das Boot Skin
Subphones
MaGui 3.4
FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.4
German Images for MaGui v3.4
optional-ALTERNATIVE SCOPES with speedlines stopwatch for MaGui 3.4
Red Night Filter
TorpedoSolutionButton for MaGui 3.4 (NYGM-GWX-WAC)
Pascal_Port_People
Conus' Historically Accurate U-boat Emblems 1.3
Aces Hi Res Uniforms and Medals Mk 2
Evan´s Uniforms
evan82's Sawfish Emblem
pascal_damage_screen
Compulsory U-boat Headdress - GWX 2.0
ail Das Boot officers mod v2.17
Diesel Startup Sequence for FM Engine Room beta 1
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
Rapt0r's Instruments V3.5
Dönitz Picture With Fly
_LSH3_V5_ENV_MEP2a-Dark-Nights
_LSH3_V5_ENV_MEP2b-FSF-for-Dark-Nights
optional-Intro Screen for MaGui 3.4
New_clearsky_clouds
h.sie's Colored Hull Integrity Indicator

With this list and order, all the mods works fine. I haven´t the DD mod. And I use 4 GbPatch. The time of charge is looong (I have the extended campaign GWX submod, too...). The only problem is with Merchant Fleet Mod; I use the Interim Beta (light version); the complete MFM go to CTD.

I´ve posted images without problems. No payment needed.

Search the thread "Posting JSGME list", you have several lists of mods, this help to resolve issues of compatibility of mods.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

P.D.: @ Kaleun Makman:

"that is totally wrong Fitzcarraldo ! Aces , AFAIK , never worked on mods including MaGui so his compatibility mod is not working with MaGui (you don't have problems becuase the FM fix for MaGui 3.4 is later on your list )".

But I have the mods working...appliying the Magui Fix for FM Interiors. If I remove the Aces multicompatibility, I obtain the same results with Fm fix?

I installed the MaGUi interface in LSH3V5, with Fm Interiors, and works fine, too.

I´m desperate watching the new MaGUI interface...Some news of the update? Many thanks!

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 10-22-10, 11:22 AM   #266
makman94
Hellas

Quote:

Installation
------------
2. FM_NewInterior_V1.0
4. MaGui 3.4

hello Harryt8,

your 'problem' is not from MaGui .
do this :
apply only the 1. and go to the mission that have 'problem'.
if it runs ok ...exit and apply AND the 2. and enter the mission again.
if it runs ok ...apply 3 and ...etc .
that way you will locate the mod that is causing you the trouble

ps: oh...the conflicts that you mentioned are normal . jsgme will warn about this but don't pay attention and proceed to activate the mods (authors says that are made to be compatible )

bye

Old 10-22-10, 11:35 AM   #267
makman94
Hellas

Quote:

....But I have the mods working...appliying the Magui Fix for FM Interiors. If I remove the Aces multicompatibility, I obtain the same results with Fm fix?

I installed the MaGUi interface in LSH3V5, with Fm Interiors, and works fine, too.......

hi Fitzcarraldo ,
yes , you don't have 'problem' becuase FM_FIX for MaGui is later on your list.now, i don't know what Aces multicompatibility mod is making compatible so i can't answer to you question if it is ok to remove it or not.

Quote:
I´m desperate watching the new MaGUI interface...Some news of the update? Many thanks!
the Final MaGui is 99% complete !
it is at testing-checking status and maybe i will add something that i am thinking of.

to know what to expect...here is its readme so far :

''addings-changes to previous version
-----------------------------------

1. removed the scope filter(was introduced at version 3.3),now the filters will be installed permanetely before the game's launch.
from now on, the scope filter's button is toggling the back side of attack disc ,so now the three buttons that are on main console are for toggling i)the dials , ii) the front side of attack disc and iii) the back side of attack disc

2.the 3-bearing aob tool is now attached to NAVIGATOR OFFICER's orders (was attached to weapon officer's orders at previous versions)

3.removed the sextant as i seriously doubt that can has any use in sh3.for the players that ,may (???) use the sextant here is a tip for them : the sextant is 'hiding' behind the main console at the left bottom of screen.go to the message page or captain's log page (where the main console is not vissible) and you will find the sextant at the left bottom edge of screen.

4.adds the rounded dial for the gyroangle [made by FLB Sale`s] at attack periscope too . the digital gyroangle is not removed .i added the rounded dial becuase you can read the 10ths of gyroangle from this dial

5.change the max zoom of attack scope.now , the maximum zoom is x12 (was x15 at previous versions).
so,the zooms for the attack scope are x1,5 / x6 / x12
this is made so becuase it is easier to use the factor ''2'' (instead of factor ''2,5'' that was at x15 set).read the 'Manos Optics' text for more info about this factor

6. Binoculars and UZO are now setted to follow the historical german specifications ( FOV = 7,25 degrees - zoom = x7,1 ) AND ,at the same time ,are adjusted to keep the propotions of real ship's dimensions as seen through the other optic devices.
The addition of binoculars's and uzo's adjustments ( the scopes and deck were allready adjusted from version 3.2 and later) is completing all the optics of sub . now ,the player, can see the real dimensions from whatever optic device of sub (scopes-bino-uzo-deck).

7. correcting all tiny bugs that where left from previous versions such as the not 100% correctly appearance of mines.tga or nomo.tga . the little bug with the bearing rose that is attached to sub on ATTACK MAP(the one that is showing when you press the button with the question mark there) is now corrected.(the bug was that this rose were always vissible even if the sub was 'under' the dials or the panels there.
the only one (and only one) bug that still remain unsolved is that the bearing at scopes and uzo is always vissible even if you put the 30kts-40kts-44kts plates over it !

8. a complete overfining of almost ALL images (buttons,dials,3-bearing tool,back and front side of attack disc,helms report dials,clocks...etc...almost all). ''

i will show you the 'new' binoculars while i was testing the filters on it (all pics are shots at the same time-game's time)
here:

Old 10-22-10, 01:17 PM   #268
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
hi Fitzcarraldo ,
yes , you don't have 'problem' becuase FM_FIX for MaGui is later on your list.now, i don't know what Aces multicompatibility mod is making compatible so i can't answer to you question if it is ok to remove it or not.
In my list, the yellows are the mods in the Aces Multi Fix:

GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
WBNN Mission Orders
GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V5
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_21_204f
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Rbs3withlifeboat
Rbs2withbuoyance
Rbs7regularzone
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
Unofficial_rockets_fix_GWX3.0
Elite U-boat Binoculars
New Uboat Guns 1.2
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
U-Boat Bases Map with New St Nazaire
Combat Radio Frequency
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
No continuous 'Ship spotted' V1.2 for GWX3+Rubinis RocketFix
FM30_UpDown_final
WB's Deck Gun Range
WB's Decks Awash + Fuel Economy
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
Flags_enlighten
Real Depth Charge
Ice Age
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
b25_SF_Grass_Full_V2
WAC4.1 SubPen_animated_18.02.2010
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Depthcharge Shake v2.01
Ambient Hydrophone Sound
Ambient Underwater Sound
Das boot sound
DBSM_SH3_Speech_Fix
MFM-Interim-Beta
Rbs5EffectsLITE
Aces' Multimod compatability fix release v1.3 public beta
Rapt0r's Das Boot Interior
Rapt0r's Das Boot Skin
Subphones
MaGui 3.4
FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.4
German Images for MaGui v3.4
optional-ALTERNATIVE SCOPES with speedlines stopwatch for MaGui 3.4
Red Night Filter
TorpedoSolutionButton for MaGui 3.4 (NYGM-GWX-WAC)
Pascal_Port_People
Conus' Historically Accurate U-boat Emblems 1.3
Aces Hi Res Uniforms and Medals Mk 2
Evan´s Uniforms
evan82's Sawfish Emblem
pascal_damage_screen
Compulsory U-boat Headdress - GWX 2.0
ail Das Boot officers mod v2.17
Diesel Startup Sequence for FM Engine Room beta 1
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
Rapt0r's Instruments V3.5
Dönitz Picture With Fly
_LSH3_V5_ENV_MEP2a-Dark-Nights
_LSH3_V5_ENV_MEP2b-FSF-for-Dark-Nights
optional-Intro Screen for MaGui 3.4
New_clearsky_clouds
h.sie's Colored Hull Integrity Indicator

Of course, after Aces Multi fix, I have the MaGUI ant the FM interiors fix. All the stuff of the mods (open hatch, interior with Johann the Phantom, gramophone with animations, flags and pennants, depth charge shake, etc, etc...) are fully functional and without problems, with MaGUI plus Interiors fix.

Quote:
the Final MaGui is 99% complete !
it is at testing-checking status and maybe i will add something that i am thinking of.

Now watching MORE desperate than yesterday

The only aspect of MaGUI I have some dislike (but little dislike), is the botton activation of the dials (velocity, depth, course). Is there some possibility to add an optional submod for have those dials in "slider mode"?

Many thanks for the support and the great work!

Fitzcarraldo

Old 10-22-10, 11:11 PM   #269
harryt8
Bosun

Default "Happy Time" trial.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Harryt8,

your 'problem' is not from MaGui .
do this :
apply only the 1. and go to the mission that have 'problem'.
if it runs ok ...exit and apply AND the 2. and enter the mission again.
if it runs ok ...apply 3 and ...etc .
that way you will locate the mod that is causing you the trouble

ps: oh...the conflicts that you mentioned are normal . jsgme will warn about this but don't pay attention and proceed to activate the mods (authors says that are made to be compatible )

bye
Thank you Makman94 for this advice.
I will try and introduce these mods one by one on "Happy Time", and report back in a few days with progress.

Thank you also fitzcarraldo for your "actual working JSGME List" and suggestions. I'll try Plan A (Makman94's advice) first, and then give the mods I use from your list and their loading sequence (Plan B) a trial.

Well done Makman94 on the Final Version. You're a marvel.
Old 10-26-10, 04:05 AM   #270
harryt8
Bosun

Still crashing...........

Makman94, still having conflict problems.

This is my mod list for loading with the last five (5) items in the order you suggest:

Real Depth Charge
Pascal_Port_People
Das Boot Clothes
Floppy_Cap_Fix
Elite U-boat Binoculars
Low RPM
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
No continuous 'Ship spotted' V1.2 for GWX3
RadioMessage - MorseCodeOnly
sobers real smoke darker and a brown tint1.1
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3+Xtra ships
TwistyPeriscopeThingyMod
Undersea_Mod_Reworked
documents for the tools of MaGui 3.4
Salvo Selector Labels
Foam1
Accurate German Flags
ANZACMICKS WEATHERED TYPE VII
Das Boot Realistic Food
Sobers 3D waves
Spirit of machines
Destroyers&Corvette
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vStock
DasBootSehrohr
No Jawhol
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
MaGui 3.4
CT_FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.4

This test (No.5) crashed.

The results are as follows using Single Mission “Happy Times” as a test and following your recommendation:

1. Loaded as individual mods each time, DD_OHV3.09, FM New Int, CT_OH and MaGui all load successfully other than a warning that SH3 .sdl has been altered by Lifeboats+Debrisv4 when loading FM New Int.

2. Loaded together DD_OH + FM New Int mods. These load OK to “Happy Times”.

3. Loaded together DD_OH + FM New Int + CT OH. These load OK.

4. Loaded together DD_OH + FM New Int + CT OH + MaGui 3.4. Crashes to desktop.

5. Loaded together above (4) plus CT_FM_NI Fix (as per list above). Crashes to Desktop.

6. Loaded DD_OH + FM New Int + MaGui + CT_FM Fix. Extract CT OH. Crashes to Desktop.

7. Loaded DD_OH + FM New Int + MaGui. Extract CT FM Fix.

Crashes to Desktop.

8. Loaded above (7) with FM_NI_Fix for MaGui.

Crashes to Desktop.

Any advice or further recommendations gratefully awaited.

Thanks.
Closed Thread