Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-20, 09:47 AM   #2641
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The first image is a still from a video on BBC World front page right now.

The second two shots are random photos from news coverage on the situation at NY hospitals. I rate them as believable because we have had videos of long trucklines at NY hospitals who parked their cooling trailers nearby hospitals on our daily German news main programs over here, since days.

There is also video footage shpowing bodybags beign carried out of NY hospitals and loaded onto trailers by forklifters.

The morgues are full.

Yes thanks, did you know the U.S. currently has 16,700 deaths and nationally we're projected to have over 65,000 by August fourth? I'm also aware initial infections in New York are of European origin. I'm also very much aware the current death toll in Europe and U.K. far far surpass that of the U.S.. I'm very ware now too everyone over there has suddenly turned from pro Schengen Area forever to isolated sovereign nationalists.

Yet this is what makes front page over there? This is what they have to bring to everyone's attention? Boogles the mind. You all must think you're living in paradise with these kinds of diversions.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-10-20 at 10:02 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 10:09 AM   #2642
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Leadership Means Reopening America Now

It’s increasingly clear that the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak is not the doomsday event alarmists made it out to be. At least that’s the emerging public health reality; the scope of our self-inflicted economic catastrophe has yet to be determined.
Even though deaths attributed to coronavirus hit a new high each day, one can begin to make out what is perhaps the top of the bell curve of mortality that tracks every disease outbreak.
The daily number of new cases has been relatively steady in the 25,000-35,000 range for the past week. Even if the 400,000 total U.S. cases and 15,000 total deaths double, triple, or quadruple before the disease runs its course, the outbreak will still be less severe than the tough 2014-15 flu season, in which 34 million Americans contracted the flu, 710,000 were hospitalized, and approximately 56,000 died.
This reality contrasts with projections developed by the Centers for Disease Control, which had indicated the disease would kill 140,000 to 200,000 Americans. Even more exaggerated was a scary prediction from the Imperial College of London that 2.2 million Americans might die. Forecasts that many hospitals would overflow have also been wrong.
Discrediting these estimates is not an exercise in Monday morning quarterbacking: The disease’s course in the advanced, free nations hit first in East Asia such as Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan revealed a dangerous but manageable outbreak that was controlled without the extreme economic shutdown we have adopted in the United States.
But perhaps the most telling statistic is that about half of the total cases and deaths have occurred within the broader New York metropolitan area. Remove that outbreak hotspot from the picture and one is left with 6,000 premature deaths of mostly elderly individuals with underlying health conditions in a country of 327 million. Each of these deaths is a personal tragedy for the families and communities involved and, of course, the victim. But this toll is being surmounted by an even heavier economic impact that itself will harm and shorten lives dramatically.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ow_142903.html
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 10:14 AM   #2643
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

It's all foreign fake news. Or the EU's fault. Both.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 10:15 AM   #2644
Maduboater
Nub

Downloads: 25
Icon14

Thanks for the information
Maduboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 10:26 AM   #2645
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Maduboater!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 10:36 AM   #2646
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

Meh...

An assessment from a former Trump adviser with the expected Trump cheerleading; also has no real, if any background in medical matters or, particularly, in matters related to epidemiology to public health. Just another Trump mouthpiece who is trying to push the WH lines and lies...

Christian Whiton: not qualified and not knowledgeable about the subject matter...

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm sticking to listening to and trusting Drs, Birx and Fauci on the facts and possible scenarios; they have the actual real life knowledge and experience...

...and real leadership knows when to get out of the way and let those who are better capable to handle a situation make the calls...

<O>
Old 04-10-20, 11:21 AM   #2647
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maduboater View Post
Thanks for the information
Welcome

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 12:27 PM   #2648
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

So I'm wondering what percentage of people who contract the virus are getting treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin? If the percentage is low, I wonder why? I wonder how hard it would be to get a doctor to prescribe it if you do get the virus? Meanwhile, the mainstream media keeps trying to convince us it's better to die than get treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin because "Orange Man Bad".
Old 04-10-20, 12:33 PM   #2649
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Meh...

An assessment from a former Trump adviser with the expected Trump cheerleading; also has no real, if any background in medical matters or, particularly, in matters related to epidemiology to public health. Just another Trump mouthpiece who is trying to push the WH lines and lies...

Christian Whiton: not qualified and not knowledgeable about the subject matter...

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm sticking to listening to and trusting Drs, Birx and Fauci on the facts and possible scenarios; they have the actual real life knowledge and experience...

...and real leadership knows when to get out of the way and let those who are better capable to handle a situation make the calls...

<O>
We could also trade in GrandMa for a two point bump in the Dow.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 12:34 PM   #2650
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
The first image is a still from a video on BBC World front page right now.

The morgues are full.
This particular area in Long Island is called Hart Island Potter’s Field
where they bury the dead that can't afford it. The rich and poor alike
are dying in NY

https://ijr.com/new-york-city-laborers-bury-dead/
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 12:51 PM   #2651
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
So I'm wondering what percentage of people who contract the virus are getting treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin? If the percentage is low, I wonder why? I wonder how hard it would be to get a doctor to prescribe it if you do get the virus? Meanwhile, the mainstream media keeps trying to convince us it's better to die than get treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin because "Orange Man Bad".

To my knowledge there have been absolutely no controlled trials to determine the effectiveness of any treatment currently being used against COVID-19. I think doctors using these certain medicines do so because they of all people involved in this stupid argument have an understanding how they work and hope that it may to some extent tame the virus. When you're caught of guard like this you gotta go with what ya have. Like I said it cant hurt to try.
  • Chloroquine phosphate The older anti-malaria drug chloroquine has been shown to have a wide range of antiviral effects, including anti-coronavirus. Studies in Guangdong Province in China suggest that chloroquine may help improve patient outcomes in people with novel coronavirus pneumonia.
  • Hydroxychloroquine sulfate It was reported in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases on March 9 that the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine was effective in killing the coronavirus in laboratory experiments. Hydroxychloroquine was first approved by the FDA in 1995 under the brand name Plaquenil, and it is also used in the treatment of patients with lupus and arthritis.

https://www.drugs.com/condition/covid-19.html

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-10-20 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-10-20, 01:35 PM   #2652
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Global death toll now over 100,000, says Johns Hopkins University.

Trump says US will see far fewer than 100,000 deaths, hails "tremendous progress"

The UK death toll has increased by 980 to reach a total of 8,958, England's Health Secretary Matt Hancock says.

PM Boris Johnson "able to do short walks" as part of his recovery.

Ireland and Italy extend lockdowns until early May.

Christians marking Good Friday are urged to stay at home.

Spain to ease restrictions from Monday - some non-essential workers allowed to return.

Old 04-10-20, 01:51 PM   #2653
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-10-20, 02:48 PM   #2654
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Hydroxchloroquine is a serious drug with - potentially lethal - side effects, it can cause serious neurological functional deficits right to functional collapse, and cardiovascular problems right up to cardiac arrests.

Corona virusses are a family of virusses that in parts are very different form each other, Corvid-9 is one of the strangest and most atypical Corona virusses we so far know of. Effects of the drug on one Corona virus cannot be just taken as valid exmaple for how it would "tackle" Covid 19. It needs clinical trials and the usual assessment procedures - which have not been run so far. When Trump says or implies the drug has been show effectiveness against the desease, he simply is lying and does not know what he is talking of (not that it would be a first...) The overwhelming majoirty of medical experts and virologists are cautioning against taking the effectiveness of the drug against Cordiv 19 as granted and say it has not been demonstrated as effective in valid trials. The drug currently is one amongst 4 or 6 older medications that are being testest for their helpfulness aginst Corvid 19. So far with not encouraging results. Ironically, I think al these drugs excvep0t Hydroxclroquine have shown to be ineffective regad8ing the desease for which the yopriogi8anblly had been dveeloped, may it be Ebola, may it be HIV. This does anto mean they also must fail against Corvid-19, but before you nclaim any of them works, you have to prove that in valid, scientifical trials of intact methodology, elose any claims are just hear-say and story-telling. All these drugs have in common that rthey have very severe, potent side-effects, you cannot carelessly hand them out and assume that the positive effect is granted and justifies the risks they imply.

Trump is selling snake oil here. Because his buddies have own money in the game of wanting to sell it.

If Hydroxcloroquine has a real positive effect against Corvid 19, it still waits to be demonstrated. Proven only are its severe side-effects. And I think the effciciency against Malaria also is no more given - the Malaria bug has meanwhile become immune against it, I think I have red somewhere.

-----

Meanwhile the media report that New York now has a higher number of known infections than any complete nation in the world. The number of total deaths approaches or already has gone beyond 8000, and so rates again amongst the numbers usually reported for whole nations. The city is the global epicentre of this mess, for the time being at least.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-10-20 at 03:05 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 03:23 PM   #2655
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Hydroxchloroquine is a serious drug with - potentially lethal - side effects, it can cause serious neurological functional deficits right to functional collapse, and cardiovascular problems right up to cardiac arrests.

Corona virusses are a family of virusses that in parts are very different form each other, Corvid-9 is one of the strangest and most atypical Corona virusses we so far know of. Effects of the drug on one Corona virus cannot be just taken as valid exmaple for how it would "tackle" Covid 19. It needs clinical trials and the usual assessment procedures - which have not been run so far. When Trump says or implies the drug has been show effectiveness against the desease, he simply is lying and does not know what he is talking of (not that it would be a first...) The overwhelming majoirty of medical experts and virologists are cautioning against taking the effectiveness of the drug against Cordiv 19 as granted and say it has not been demonstrated as effective in valid trials. The drug currently is one amongst 4 or 6 older medications that are being testest for their helpfulness aginst Corvid 19. So far with not encouraging results. Ironically, I think al these drugs excvep0t Hydroxclroquine have shown to be ineffective regad8ing the desease for which the yopriogi8anblly had been dveeloped, may it be Ebola, may it be HIV. This does anto mean they also must fail against Corvid-19, but before you nclaim any of them works, you have to prove that in valid, scientifical trials of intact methodology, elose any claims are just hear-say and story-telling. All these drugs have in common that rthey have very severe, potent side-effects, you cannot carelessly hand them out and assume that the positive effect is granted and justifies the risks they imply.

Trump is selling snake oil here. Because his buddies have own money in the game of wanting to sell it.

If Hydroxcloroquine has a real positive effect against Corvid 19, it still waits to be demonstrated. Proven only are its severe side-effects. And I think the effciciency against Malaria also is no more given - the Malaria bug has meanwhile become immune against it, I think I have red somewhere.

Trump selling snake oil? Real doctors, not the political or armchair ones, saw it as a legitimate pathway to treatment long before Trump even knew how to spell it. Doctors knowing how it works thought to try it with the hope it might help especially since there was and still is no other alternative available. How Trump gets associated with their good work I find unfathomable. Also, this fear of it. I have been prescribed the big pink pill Chloroquin on several occasions when I traveled to Panama, Grenada and Haiti. I dont remember even a hint of this much fear and doom over its side effects being generated back then. Of course we did not have the intardnet to perpetuate crap like that either, life was good.

The only time I saw people uncomfortable about getting shots was when we were ordered to get our Anthrax vaccines.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan