Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 12:25 PM   #2597
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

All that think Ukraine is so corrupt... Zelenskyy this... or that... and ... better read Kremlin runs disinformation campaign to undermine Zelenskyy, documents show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 12:31 PM   #2598
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
All that think Ukraine is so corrupt... Zelenskyy this... or that... and ... better read Kremlin runs disinformation campaign to undermine Zelenskyy, documents show
So it is not true that he has a few million in off shore shares through his wife

I heard this many month ago in our news-Where they said that Zelenskyy was mentioned in some paper(Can't remember the name)-Not the Panama papers.

And this should be false ?

Markus

Old 02-19-24, 12:34 PM   #2599
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
50.000 Russian soldiers KIA/WIA !!! In taking Avdiivka

[Snip]

Markus
Estimated total losses of the Russians during the offensive on Avdiivka 47186 military personnel (likely death and wounded), 364 tanks, 748 armoured vehicles, 248 artillery systems and 5 planes. In just over 4 months time. Putin can not care but logics to rebuild this will take time and cost many resources it will slow down Russian's offensive capability of this offensive and future ones Ukraine with his smaller army and shortages has done a great job.

Quote:
Old 02-19-24, 12:37 PM   #2600
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Estimated total losses of the Russians during the offensive on Avdiivka 47186 military personnel (likely death and wounded), 364 tanks, 748 armoured vehicles, 248 artillery systems and 5 planes. In just over 4 months time. Putin can not care but logics to rebuild this will take time and cost many resources it will slow down Russian's offensive capability of this offensive Ukraine with his smaller army and shortages has done a great job.
Indeed they have and it's not with much help from the West.

I expect an another massive offensive by the Russian if the house in US vote no.

Markus

Old 02-19-24, 12:58 PM   #2601
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
So it is not true that he has a few million in off shore shares through his wife

I heard this many month ago in our news-Where they said that Zelenskyy was mentioned in some paper(Can't remember the name)-Not the Panama papers.

And this should be false ?

Markus
I do not know but have not seen any evidence either (What is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.) this is a war that Russia started 10 years ago and Russia is known for his disinformation campaigns if you listen to Putin speeches you really believe anything that is said about Ukraine or Ukraine persons. I am not believing do not care either, rather hypocrite if we in the West are any better.

Quote:
Indeed they have and it's not with much help from the West.

I expect an another massive offensive by the Russian if the house in US vote no.

Markus
The offensive by the Russian is going on for about 4 months, do not expect anything massive because they lost about 50% of their offensive army at Avdiivka they want to break through to Kharkiv so no nothing massive they need to rebuild their forces for the next one. And yes Russia is on war economy, but any material lost needs to be replaced and will cannibalize his public economy more and more in the long run Muscovites will start to complain that Putin fears that is why he murdered Navalny that is why he did not ask for a general mobilisation the more Ukraine can destroy/damage the weaker Russia becomes. You can believe the numbers Russia present us but did Russia ever told us the truth those numbers are not what they really are, ask any Russian how much they can buy to eat, keep warm. Comparing Soviet economy and Putin economy is an oxymoron, they are two totally other economies. The Soviet economy was at his the best when it was a war economy, Putin economy is a western like economy those tend to do worse in war setting, and he does not have the workforce that the soviets had.

Ukraine's air force says it has shot down no fewer than six Russian fighter jets and bombers in recent days in the country's southeast.
"On the Eastern Front. Two more shot down: a Su-34 and a Su-35S! This is our land, our air. Thank you for your hard work, to be continued." Lieutenant General Nikolai Oleshchuk, commander of the Ukrainian Air Force, delivered that message this morning. In doing so, he confirmed reports posted earlier on social media by residents of the occupied city of Mariupol, about heavy bangs and then two planes crashing. One plane came down north of the city, another plunged into the sea just off the coast. The fate of the crew is unknown, but Russian war bloggers also confirmed the losses.

The Su-34 - costing around $36 million (33 million euros) - is one of Russia's most modern and high-performance fighter-bombers with two crew members, and is used primarily to strike targets with precision bombing. In that regard, the aircraft have been used extensively in recent weeks to attack the city of Avdiivka with hundreds of so-called "slide bombs. The Su-35 is a single-seater and can handle a variety of combat missions. Both aircraft have only been in service with the Russian military since 2014. A Russian Su-34 also crashed Sunday morning, then in the occupied Donetsk province. Images show how the plane fell straight down and exploded on the ground. Then again a day earlier, Saturday, the Ukrainian Air Force reported that three Russian fighter planes, two Su-34s and one Su-35, could be brought down. What that was done with is not clear, but military observers do point in the direction of U.S. and German Patriot anti-aircraft systems, of which Ukraine has three in its possession. One is said to be around Kyiv, another is said to protect parts of the front.

If confirmed, the downing of six aircraft in three days would be one of the heaviest blows to the Russian air force since the war began. Some twenty-five confirmed losses of the Su-34 have been recorded so far. It is suspected that Russia owned fewer than 150 such fighter-bombers at the start of the war.

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 02-19-24 at 04:40 PM. Reason: SPAM filter alert
Old 02-19-24, 01:53 PM   #2602
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Alexei Navalny: Widow vows to continue his work

Quote:
Alexei Navalny's widow Yulia has vowed to continue his work to fight for a "free Russia" in a video posted on Monday.

Her voice sometimes shaking with grief and anger, Ms Navalnaya asked viewers to stand alongside her and "share the fury and hate for those who dared to kill our future".

She also accused the authorities of hiding her husband's body.

Navalny's death in prison was announced on 16 February.

The prison authorities at the Siberian penal colony he was being held in said he collapsed following a walk and never regained consciousness.

Navalny, who was the Russian opposition's most significant leader for the last decade, had been serving a 19-year sentence on charges many viewed as politically motivated.

Now, Ms Navalnaya - who previously mostly shied away from the spotlight - has indicated she might be ready to continue her husband's political fight for change in Russia.

In her video message, posted on Navalny's YouTube channel, Ms Navalnaya said: "Three days ago, Vladimir Putin killed my husband Alexei Navalny. Putin killed the father of my children. Putin took away the most important thing I had. The person who was closest to me and whom I loved most."

She promised to "continue to fight for our country" and added: "We need to use every opportunity - to fight against the war, against corruption, against injustice. To fight for fair elections and freedom of speech. To fight to take our country back. Russia - free, peaceful, happy - the beautiful Russia of the future, of which my husband dreamed so much."

In the video, Ms Navalnaya also said she knew "exactly why Putin killed Alexei three days ago" and promised to release the information "soon".

Ms Navalnaya's address came shortly before she met EU foreign ministers in Brussels.

Navalny's body has not yet been released to his family, despite his mother and lawyer travelling to the remote penal colony where he was being held as soon as news of his death broke.

Attempts to locate the body have repeatedly been shut down by the prison mortuary and local authorities.

On Monday, the Kremlin said an investigation into Navalny's death was ongoing and that there were "no results" as of yet.

Later, Navalny's spokewoman Kira Yarmish said that investigators told Navalny's mother they would not hand over the body for two weeks while they conduct a "chemical analysis".

In her video message, Ms Navalnaya said she believed the authorities were waiting for traces of the deadly nerve agent Novichok to disappear from Navalny's body.

Western leaders have put the blame for Navalny's death squarely on President Putin.

During a press conference on Monday, EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell offered his condolences to Ms Navalnaya and said he believed her husband "was slowly murdered in a Russian jail by Putin's regime".

US President Joe Biden said Navalny's death was a "consequence of something that Putin and his thugs did".

Both the EU and the US have said they are considering new sanctions on Russia following Navalny's death.

Germany, Sweden and Finland said they were summoning the Russian ambassadors in their capitals.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said comments by Western politicians in regards to Navalny's death were "arrogant" and "unacceptable".

Russian prison authorities said at the weekend that Navalny had suffered "sudden death syndrome".

Hundreds of people in more than 30 cities across Russia were detained at the weekend for attending makeshift memorials to Navalny.

In Moscow, 20 people were sentenced to various amounts of prison time - ranging from one day to nine days - and two people were fined 10,000 rubles (£85).
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68337790

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 02:00 PM   #2603
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Thank you for your answer, which generated a Presidential question:

If the House vote no to this package CAN Biden overrule this by making some special law ?(forgot what they are called these Presidential laws)

Markus
I'm guessing you are talking about how Trump was able to get more money for his border wall above what Congress approved.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/here...come-from.html

The only way Biden can give Ukraine money without it being appropriated by Congress would be to declare a National Emergency and divert money from other programs that is not specifically earmarked for a particular use. But even in that scheme the amounts he can get away with taking is likely not going to come even close to the $80 billion that he's asking for this time around.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-24, 02:36 PM   #2604
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
What nonsense. The migration issue in the US and the war in Ukraine have nothign to do with each other.
My friend, apparently they do have something to do with one another as we are threatened with even less money provided to prevent incursions by illegal aliens across our southern border if we don't send C-130s filled with pallets of taxpayer cash to the Ukraine.
Old 02-19-24, 03:47 PM   #2605
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I'm guessing you are talking about how Trump was able to get more money for his border wall above what Congress approved.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/here...come-from.html

The only way Biden can give Ukraine money without it being appropriated by Congress would be to declare a National Emergency and divert money from other programs that is not specifically earmarked for a particular use. But even in that scheme the amounts he can get away with taking is likely not going to come even close to the $80 billion that he's asking for this time around.
Thank you Dave-I know now what word I couldn't remember it was

"Decree"

I do Remember Trump declaring N.E.

Markus

Old 02-19-24, 05:03 PM   #2606
Dargo
Admiral

Saying sinking a third of Russians Black Sea fleet has no military and economic effect is bull, strikes on Russian ships are intended to isolate the peninsula and make it more difficult for Russia to sustain its military operations on the Ukrainian mainland same for downing the fighters. War is bigger than retaking areas much bigger the Ukrainians have been able to inflict heavy losses on the Russian Black Sea Fleet and that this is a great achievement, a great victory for Ukrainians. These fighters are dropping glide bombs see 14-02-2024 Avdiivka https://map.ukrdailyupdate.com/?lat=...=19767&c=1&l=0 those landing ship are mainly used to transport munition and material. Really think Russia can transport the same amount? No, that third cost a shyteload of money and resources will not be replaced in years, in those years Russia can not threaten Ukraine waters. This war will last for years this will destroy Russia by the year with every sunken ship, with every downed jet it all adds to the war it all mater. That the next six months will be militarily very tough for Ukraine was well known. As this becomes visible in terrain loss and a higher human toll along the front lines, that too may become a factor in Western decision-making.

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 02-19-24 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-19-24, 05:36 PM   #2607
Dargo
Admiral

'Heavy fighting' in southern Ukraine, reports Kyiv
According to the Ukrainian military, "heavy gunfire" occurred Monday near the village of Robotyne in the Zaporizhzhya region in the south of the country. Ukraine managed to recapture Robotyne from Russian forces in August. "The enemy made ten unsuccessful attempts against the positions of (Ukrainian) defence forces in the Robotyne region. Here the situation has changed, the enemy is firing heavily," army spokesman Dmytro Lychovy stated. According to him, the Ukrainian army repelled attacks "with a large number of armoured vehicles," but the Russians are now attacking with "small attack groups in addition to armoured vehicles" and an air force that is "actively operating." The Telegram channel DeepState, which is close to the Ukrainian military, reported Sunday night that Russia had managed to break through Ukrainian defences at Verbove, a few kilometres east of Robotyne. According to another Telegram channel, which is close to Russian forces, Russia has gained a foothold in the southern suburbs of Robotyne.

Attacks on this part of the southern front began last weekend, when the Russian army captured the town of Avdiivka, some 150 kilometres northeast of Robotyne, after four months of repeated attacks. In Avdiivka, "the Russians are regrouping. They have achieved their tactical goals and are likely to transfer units (from Avdiivka) to other areas," Lychovy said.

Quote:
Old 02-19-24, 09:00 PM   #2608
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

We love to hear what we want to believe. But in the case of this war, that is often not what corresponds to reality.
Old 02-19-24, 09:34 PM   #2609
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
We love to hear what we want to believe. But in the case of this war, that is often not what corresponds to reality.
We already can't trust any news sources, and AI generated Sora videos aren't even a thing yet.
Old 02-20-24, 05:36 AM   #2610
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I think I posted the according link already four years ago when they first time published it. Just a reminder of why I am cautious about shedding too many tears about Navalny.

https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/...en&_x_tr_hl=de

Western idealistic dreamers have a tendency to often transfigure even the most dubious figures. And if it gets that far that indeed the masks finally fall, everybody claims to be surprised and that one could not have known it in advance.