Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-05-17, 11:26 AM   #2596
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I think you are missing my point. Follow the money. It's usually the best explanation.
Well, there's that too.

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 01:15 PM   #2597
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

I'm not disputing that Trump has business interests in those countries. I don't think he is either. What I'm saying is that so do many American arms suppliers.

Quote:
A proper review would begin by acknowledging that the sale of U.S. arms to Saudi Arabia is big business. During the span of the Bush and Obama administrations, total U.S. arms sales to Saudi Arabia increased by nearly 97 percent. The U.S. has offered $115 billion in arms sales to Saudi Arabia during the Obama administration. Over the last three years alone — since the start of negotiations with Iran on its nuclear program — America has sold nearly $36 billion in arms to Saudi Arabia. These sales are certainly in the commercial interests of the United States and the American firms that manufacture the weapons. They create jobs, generate corporate profits, and improve the U.S. balance of trade.
Since this increase took place during both the Bush and Obama administrations one can only conclude that both Republicans and Democrats have a vested interest in these dealings. Yea politics.

From Politician by Cream

Quote:
I support the left, though I'm leaning, leaning to the right.
I support the left, though I'm leaning, leaning to the right.
But I'm not there when it's coming to a fight.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 01:49 PM   #2598
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Oh goodness yes, well BAe has some good deals with the Saudis too, as various people in Yemen are finding out as the bombs that land on them say "Made in Britain". The MIC has some good customers in the region, and come to think of it, aside from Iraq, most of the nations on the list are customers elsewhere...although even Iraq has been buying from Russia lately so that could be part of it.
I'm not sure though how far the MIC has gotten into this administration yet though, considering the make-up of the NSC, so honestly I'd tend to lean more towards Trumps personal business deals taking priority over the likes of Lockheed-Martin.
Old 02-05-17, 02:05 PM   #2599
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Well, there's that too.

you're basing your argument on a logical fallacy.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 02:08 PM   #2600
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
so honestly I'd tend to lean more towards Trumps personal business deals taking priority over the likes of Lockheed-Martin.
OK think what you like. Had the ban included Saudia Arabia a lot more people and money would have been affected than that of Mr. Trumps'. And a lot more blow back.

And then there's this. Don't know how reliable it is but worth a look.

http://egyptianchronicles.blogspot.c...panies-in.html

Quote:
According to an early Bloomberg report, Trump owns "possibly" in Egypt according to his files in the Federal Election Commission: Trump Marks Egypt and Trump Marks Egypt LLC
I have not heard about them before. No one had heard of them already in Egypt. There is more

An official anonymous source told Youm 7 that both "Trump Marks Egypt" and "Trump Marks Egypt LLC" are not registered at the Egyptian ministry of investment and that there is no company bearing the name "Trump" registered at the ministry in the first place.
The companies are apparently registered in Dover, Delaware.

Oh.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-05-17, 03:08 PM   #2601
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
OK think what you like. Had the ban included Saudia Arabia a lot more people and money would have been affected than that of Mr. Trumps'. And a lot more blow back.

And then there's this. Don't know how reliable it is but worth a look.

http://egyptianchronicles.blogspot.c...panies-in.html

The companies are apparently registered in Dover, Delaware.

Oh.
So, you read me the riot act and attempted to disembowel me for pointing to an op-ed in the New York Times to elaborate on an opinion, but cite a random blog as factual evidence. S'cute.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 03:48 PM   #2602
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
So, you read me the riot act and attempted to disembowel me for pointing to an op-ed in the New York Times to elaborate on an opinion, but cite a random blog as factual evidence. S'cute.
Riot act?... attempted to disembowel you? You can't be serious? I merely pointed out the political leanings of a newspaper. And I am not wrong about that. As for Steve Bannon, read our exchange again. I did not disagree with you.

You put me in 'the Trump bubble' without the slightest bit of research. You can search this forum up and down and you will not find one word from me supporting the Presidency of Donald Trump. S'cute indeed.

Also it took me less than a minute to find this.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_de/4424526

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-05-17, 03:51 PM   #2603
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Riot act?... attempted to disembowel you? You can't be serious? I merely pointed out the political leanings of a newspaper. And I am not wrong about that. As for Steve Bannon, read our exchange again. I did not disagree with you.

You put me in 'the Trump bubble' without the slightest bit of research. You can search this forum up and down and you will not find one word from me supporting the Presidency of Donald Trump. S'cute indeed.

Also it took me less than a minute to find this.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_de/4424526
I don't expect honesty from the bubble, so there's no need to try and scramble to spin your remarks. Just expect me to point dishonesty out.

You have a swell day now.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 04:04 PM   #2604
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
I don't expect honesty from the bubble, so there's no need to try and scramble to spin your remarks. Just expect me to point dishonesty out.

You have a swell day now.
So that's it? Seems about right.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-09-17, 10:59 AM   #2605
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Russia got jealous of the US's FUBARed Yemen raid:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38919426
Old 02-09-17, 11:41 AM   #2606
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Thank God it was friendly fire. Not to imagine how Erdoghan again would be fuming by now if it would have been unfriendly fire.

There is too little friendliness amongst people today. Is it so difficult to smile and lose a friendly word when firing a weapon?
Old 02-09-17, 12:32 PM   #2607
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thank God it was friendly fire. Not to imagine how Erdoghan again would be fuming by now if it would have been unfriendly fire.

There is too little friendliness amongst people today. Is it so difficult to smile and lose a friendly word when firing a weapon?
Indeed, war has become frightfully uncivil.
Old 02-09-17, 01:41 PM   #2608
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm going to use this thread for my comment

In todays Danish news there was an issue about the growing crisis between Turkey and Greece.

Among the Turkish politician one of them said following last week

"Last week threatened the Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavasoglu, that "if an accident happens in the confrontations of the Aegean Sea, there is no way back."
Greece sees it as something close to a declaration of war "

Have tried to find an English article about this story

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 02:42 PM   #2609
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Ever accidentally bump into or trip one of your friends? Well this is just the military equivalent.

Murphy's Laws of Combat.

Friendly Fire isnt.
The only thing more accurate than enemy fire is friendly fire.
Anything you do can get you killed including doing nothing.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 02:44 PM   #2610
Oberon
Lucky Jack

I wouldn't worry too much about Turkey and Greece, they've been shooting at each other for years. You should see some of the dogfight HUD videos that either side have released, it's pretty impressive.
Still, we are overdue for a flare-up, Turkey is rotating around the toilet bowl and Greece is somewhere down the U-bend and about to have another debt crisis. Perfect opportunity for both governments to distract the populace from internal difficulties by engaging a traditional external foe.

Tags
terrorism