Closed Thread

Old 08-18-16, 07:03 PM   #2596
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Statues of Trump starting to show up in American cities,lol The Emperor Has no clothes!
I wonder if the sculptor accurately rendered his small...hands?...

<O>
Old 08-18-16, 07:45 PM   #2597
vienna
Navy Seal

Just heard on the radio of a Naked Emperor Trump statute showing up here in East Hollywood; The Los Angeles Police Department was called out to investigate and ordered the statue removed; the statue was removed to a nearby area, on private property and still visible, so the LAPD came out again; however, the owners of the property and the person(s) who initially placed the statue had, by that time, already contacted the City Attorney's office and got all the clearances they needed to continue to display the statue, so the LAPD could do nothing and the Naked Emperor Trump will, according to the owner of the private property, remain on display until Election Day...

<O>
Old 08-18-16, 07:55 PM   #2598
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I wonder if the sculptor accurately rendered his small...hands?...

The NYC Parks Department had the naked statue of Trump put up in Union Square park taken down, with the following official comment:

"NYC Parks stands firmly against any unpermitted erection in city parks, no matter how small."

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 08-18-16, 08:26 PM   #2599
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Lord please let's not see naked Hillarys start popping up!
August is online  
Old 08-18-16, 09:44 PM   #2600
vienna
Navy Seal

Never gonna happen: if you stripped off her pantsuit, you'd find another pantsuit and so on...

<O>
Old 08-19-16, 12:56 AM   #2601
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed View Post
The NYC Parks Department had the naked statue of Trump put up in Union Square park taken down, with the following official comment:

"NYC Parks stands firmly against any unpermitted erection in city parks, no matter how small."
That's depressing. The statue is pathetic. The man the statue represents (Trump) is pathetic. The people who are flocking around it shooting pictures are pathetic. They are cut from the same cloth as Trump. Sad, pathetic people.

Just replying to your post depresses me. I was really hoping our forum would be spared any mention of that news item.

Ok, to cheer myself up, I read through this beautifully accurate portrayal of the major types of American political supporters.

Quote:
the Trump Supporter specializes in poorly written diatribes aimed at anyone who isn’t hell bent on “Making America Great Again.” His mortal enemies include, but are not limited to, pussies, pansies, losers, refugees, illegal aliens, and, of course, Crooked Hillary. If anything offends you, or if you don’t have a green card, you’re the problem, and the solution is to either deport your ass back to the Islamic State or give you a healthy dose of THE TRUTH.

and

Quote:
..... diehard Bernie Bro. And if there’s one thing Bernie Bros love more than smoking weed, it’s talking about revolution. That’s because, according to science, when the human brain is infused with just the right combination of barley, hops, THC, and Nag Champa, a person begins to envision an America where nobody is rich, and nobody is poor, and everyone gets to enjoy small batch IPAs and wear artisanal flip-flops. But such a society doesn’t just get handed to us on a silver platter. No. It must be fought for with protests, and weed, and internet memes, and more protests, and more weed

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 08-19-16 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-19-16, 01:17 AM   #2602
McBeck
Admiral

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Safer for who? Not us that's for sure given their history of shady dealings and her history of incompetence.
Safer for all! My view is that at least the European community can deal with Clinton as she is political, but not with Trump.
Have you seen what happened with Brexit? They way the people advocating for the exit behaved, pushed them away from the European mainland, in a time when they needed them for continued trade.
How do you think the asian culture will match with Trumps behavior?

"I like subcommanders...they dont have time for bull****!"

Proud member of the Subsim army of zombies
Becks website
Old 08-19-16, 09:16 AM   #2603
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeck View Post
I don't think most Americans will particularly care how the US under Trump is seen by the rest of the world, while the rest of the world is dreading what a US under Trump might do...well...except Putin perhaps.

Meanwhile on the Trump bus, another one bites the dust:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37134440
Old 08-19-16, 09:30 AM   #2604
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Never gonna happen: if you stripped off her pantsuit, you'd find another pantsuit and so on...
<O>

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 08-19-16, 10:41 AM   #2605
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeck View Post
Safer for all! My view is that at least the European community can deal with Clinton as she is political, but not with Trump.
Have you seen what happened with Brexit? They way the people advocating for the exit behaved, pushed them away from the European mainland, in a time when they needed them for continued trade.
Clinton is no friend of China:http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0ZR2MN
Quote:
"Clinton will be a difficult partner," one senior Chinese diplomatic source told Reuters, having just admitted to not knowing much about Trump or what he stands for.

Chinese diplomats take some comfort that Clinton’s views are known to them from years of high-level contacts, from her days as first lady to her Senate tenure to her time as secretary of state. But they are also mindful that even while seeking diplomatic accommodations, she has been a staunch critic of Beijing on a range of issues, including the South China Sea, trade and human rights.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-19-16, 11:31 AM   #2606
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Manafort resigns, well that was expected and one less thing for Trump to worry about.

Trump is on a reset, says he's sorry (humble factor), reads from a teleprompter (on message).

Can he turn it around?

This week's poll have Clinton 2-4 points ahead which is in the margin of error.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

In August 1988, Dukakis was beating Bush by 7 points.

yes, we are back to a horse race.
Old 08-19-16, 12:31 PM   #2607
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

It's pantsuits all the way down!

Anyway, I was listening to a podcast about the pre-two horse race in US politics, and in particular about the Whigs and the 'Know Nothing's.
Struck me as having a few similarities to the current situation.
Old 08-19-16, 01:34 PM   #2608
vienna
Navy Seal

The next really big measure of the viability of either major party candidate will be the Presidential debates. But one thing not much mentioned is the fact neither Trump, personally, nor his campaign have agreed formally to any of the debate schedules, locales, or formats. As of now, the only group who has agreed is the Clinton campaign. (So far, no third party candidate has met the threshold of a 15% share of the polling to qualify to participate.) The date of the first of three debates is September 26, 2016, just a bit over a month away. However, I offer some possible scenarios/predictions:

1. Trump will try to find some way to not have to debate Clinton at all; he has already tried to cite a scheduling conflict with NFL football game going on at the same time; he even claimed he received a letter from NFL leadership expressing the same concerns; however, the NFL leadership has denied any letter was ever sent or drafted and stated they have no concerns over schedule conflicts, catching Trump in a very big lie; it is very possible Trump will try to find some other excuse to try and scuttle the debates, most likely by challenging the makeup and intent of the organizers...

2. Trump will try to find some perceived flaw or defect in the staging, rules, or some other aspect of the debates to claim bias against his campaign, if not himself, personally, and use the claim to either scuttle the debates or change their format to something more advantageous to his shortcomings as a debater; Trump's actions and claims during the course of the GOP Primary debates points strongly to such tactics...

3. If there is a first debate, there is a very high probability it will be the only one; if Trump stumbles in any way during the first debate, it can be expected we will hear the usual Trump litany of perceived slights against him, of bias either from the organizers, the media, or some claim of collusion by the Clinton campaign with those running the debate; this will be his excuse to bow out of any following debates with him seeing himself, and trying to convince the voters, he is taking the "moral high ground"...

It should be noted and stressed the Commission on Presidential Debates, who organize and run the debates, is a bilateral effort of both parties, GOP and DEM, with equal membership and co-leadership and the possibility of any one party or candidate gaining an upper hand in the organizing or presentation of the debates is unlikely to the point of impossibility; for either party to attempt to gain an advantage in so public an event is a kiss of death to any ambitions they might have to win the White House...

<O>
Old 08-19-16, 09:25 PM   #2609
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Did you know that Hilary stole all the White House silverware when she and Bill left. I've heard they took other things too, tho I've no idea what. But the silverware, and other stuff belong to us... the people of the United States, it's not theirs for the taking. That alone should put her in jail. They stole from us.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
Old 08-19-16, 09:43 PM   #2610
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Yeah and they took all the toilet seats and the TV remote too.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump