Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-01-17, 03:46 PM   #2581
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Whatever. I'm not selling you anything nor would I if you asked. So believe what you want about my country and our people, just don't expect your little anti-us rants will go unanswered. I'm not talking to you as much as I am to others who may read it.
Ah yes. My eternal "anti-us" crusade you think I'm on, just because I don't wave the star spangled banner and accept the blind pathological patriotism that clouds people's minds doesn't mean I am anti-American. That's, as usual, a complete baseless accusation. First, unlike you, I do try not to generalize millions of people, so I am able to differentiate. Second, close friends of mine are Americans and third... There's a slight possibility I might live there someday, not even far from you, but I won't pop your aneurhysm and spare you the details.

Just one thing. Stop the baseless accusations and generalizations please... What was it you recently claimed the evil liberal media is doing, smear campaigns?
Now, what is it you do when you claim nonsense about others?

To make it clear: I am NOT anti-American, I am simply allergic to bs august, that's all.
Old 02-01-17, 04:03 PM   #2582
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
To make it clear: I am NOT anti-American, I am simply allergic to bs august, that's all.
Yeah whatever you say...

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 06:28 AM   #2583
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

French soldiers shoot machete-swinging Allahuakbar-shouter at Louvre. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38853841
Old 02-03-17, 07:05 AM   #2584
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Looks like a lone nutter this time, glad they nailed him with minimal casualties. Hope the policeman who was injured makes a swift recovery.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 07:19 AM   #2585
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Premier Chazeneuve rates it as a terror attack, saying it was an attack with an obviously terroristic character.
Old 02-03-17, 08:06 AM   #2586
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Looks like a lone nutter this time, glad they nailed him with minimal casualties. Hope the policeman who was injured makes a swift recovery.
Could be something or nothing but the article states a second suspect was arrested.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 08:09 AM   #2587
StdDev
Legend of the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Remember how your new president came to power. By doing nothing but bullying his opposition out of the way, smearing everyone as much as he could, even personal insults you'd expect from a teenager were used in political debates(!)
But hey, let's not be inconvenient, or heavens forbid, even honest for a moment here.

DAMN THEM LIBRALS'!!
Actually, Trump won the election in spite of this ! The biggest contributor to Trumps victory was the Democratic party.. They decided to back a candidate that many Americans found unacceptable. The presidential election of 2016, for many, came down to a choice between the lesser of evils.... kind of.. it was "Anybody but Hillary" camp vs. the "Anybody but Trump" camp.

Mr. Trump certainly is no orator! and he does indeed seem to come off as a petulant child to many when he speaks.. which does not make him or his intentions wrong (and it certainly does not make him correct either !)

All in all, the present political situation here in the U.S. can be attributed to an aging population... "If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative when you are old (er) , you have no brains."
StdDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 08:34 PM   #2588
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Looks like our machete wielding man was an Egyptian national who'd gotten a tourist visa from Dubai. Needless to say that well spoken intellectual Donald Trump has tweeted about it, saying that the US needs to 'get smart' and "We must keep "evil" out of our country" (his quotation marks around evil, not mine).

I guess it's a good thing that he banned travel from Egypt and Dubai, isn't it?
Old 02-04-17, 11:15 AM   #2589
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Looks like our machete wielding man was an Egyptian national who'd gotten a tourist visa from Dubai. Needless to say that well spoken intellectual Donald Trump has tweeted about it, saying that the US needs to 'get smart' and "We must keep "evil" out of our country" (his quotation marks around evil, not mine).

Anyone determined to enter a country for 'wrongdoing' purposes will find a way more often than not.

Old 02-04-17, 11:30 AM   #2590
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
You still refuse to acknowledge the true reasons for the ban and by now you should know better. Why?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 08:38 AM   #2591
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
You still refuse to acknowledge the true reasons for the ban and by now you should know better. Why?
I was talking to a colleague last night and his question posed to me was "Why weren't Saudi Arabia and Egypt (for example) or quite a few other middle east countries not included? Was it because he has financial interests in those countries?"

I honestly couldn't answer, not being overly interested in the subject matter and therefore not having researched it.

Old 02-05-17, 09:06 AM   #2592
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Because it's stupid?
Old 02-05-17, 09:43 AM   #2593
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I was talking to a colleague last night and his question posed to me was "Why weren't Saudi Arabia and Egypt (for example) or quite a few other middle east countries not included? Was it because he has financial interests in those countries?"
Quote:
Because it's stupid?
Possibly......or...

Quote:
The United States provided $6.5 billion in military assistance to Cairo between 2011 and 2015
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-gave-to-egypt

Quote:
The Saudi Arabian intervention in Yemen, which began in March 2015, has been aided and abetted from the beginning by the United States. U.S.-supplied military aircraft, refueled by U.S. tanker planes and directed by U.S. intelligence assets, are bombing Yemen almost daily with U.S.-made weapons.
https://warontherocks.com/2016/10/wh...bia-would-say/

Quote:
A proper review would begin by acknowledging that the sale of U.S. arms to Saudi Arabia is big business. During the span of the Bush and Obama administrations, total U.S. arms sales to Saudi Arabia increased by nearly 97 percent. The U.S. has offered $115 billion in arms sales to Saudi Arabia during the Obama administration.
http://securityassistance.org/fact_s...saudi-arabia-0

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 10:32 AM   #2594
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quite, this whole thing is just a populist move, to make it be seen as though something is being done. Sure, Obama started a vetting list, but he didn't just unilaterally decide to shut down travel from seven nations. Nor did he set himself up for a fall from his own judges by such heavy handed actions.
All of this is just pure propaganda for extremist islamic terrorism groups, it's the perfect recruitment tool, and Daesh must be rubbing their hands in glee at it. Of course, the push-back erodes some of that...but the damage has already been done and will take a while to un-do.
Naturally though, the defenders of the Donald will defend this, because party before country, and so on and so forth, yadda yadda, etc, etc.
Old 02-05-17, 10:50 AM   #2595
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Quite, this whole thing is just a populist move, to make it be seen as though something is being done.
I think you are missing my point. Follow the money. It's usually the best explanation.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terrorism