Closed Thread

Old 08-17-16, 03:24 PM   #2581
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So I forgot to post the link, big deal. Who made you the forum link police?

I must be deep into your head.

Got anything to say about your girl Hillary?
Nope, not a cop, but if a person is going to use a quote as an example to the rest of the readers, it is usually a stronger argument when the actual source of the quote is given as something more than "As one conservative columnist put it"; all of us might just as well post our cites and just say "Well, as I heard around the cracker barrel..."...

... and how really deep must I be in your head to have compelled you to make your comment when you could have just as easily just ignored my post? I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

Hillary? Not my dog in this fight. I'll leave the Hillary bashing to you and "some conservative guy you heard from"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Not for her long standing pattern of lies and misrepresentations? Not for risking national security or letting Americans in her charge to be killed? Not for her demonstrated incompetence?

It's all because a foreign government might have had a hand in releasing damaging party emails?

Ok. Whatever makes you feel better when she looses I guess.
Got anything to say about your girl Trump?...

<O>
Old 08-17-16, 04:00 PM   #2582
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Nope, not a cop, but if a person is going to use a quote as an example to the rest of the readers, it is usually a stronger argument when the actual source of the quote is given as something more than "As one conservative columnist put it"; all of us might just as well post our cites and just say "Well, as I heard around the cracker barrel..."...
On the other hand you had little to say about it other than to complain about that and to post the rest of the article in violation of forum rules. That tells me you just wanted to take another dig at me.

Quote:
... and how really deep must I be in your head to have compelled you to make your comment when you could have just as easily just ignored my post? I'm not saying, I'm just saying...
I usually try to answer those who reply to my posts but I can easily make an exception for you since all you seem to want to do is play self appointed forum critic.

Quote:
Got anything to say about your girl Trump?...
Yeah he is a sucky choice for a candidate and would make only a slightly less odious president than Hillary Clinton would. Vote Libertarian.

Quote:
Hillary? Not my dog in this fight. I'll leave the Hillary bashing to you and "some conservative guy you heard from"...
Right. And i'll expect an apology from you for making a false quote because I didn't say that. Until then buh bye..
Old 08-17-16, 04:12 PM   #2583
vienna
Navy Seal

You are so amusing...

<O>
Old 08-17-16, 04:32 PM   #2584
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Both parties nominated a candidate worse then the other.
Old 08-17-16, 06:21 PM   #2585
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

This whole election is just an illusion:

Full Definition of illusion

1 a obsolete : the action of deceiving
b : the state or fact of being intellectually deceived or misled : misapprehension (2) : an instance of such deception

a (1) : a misleading image presented to the vision (2) : something that deceives or misleads intellectually
b (1) : perception of something objectively existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual nature
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-17-16, 07:30 PM   #2586
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Both parties nominated a candidate worse then the other.
Makes for an interesting logic puzzle or philosophical 'physics' problem, doesn't it?...

Trump has taken his campaign to a new level of strange: he has 'demoted' campaign chairman, Paul Manafort and he has replaced him as his current campaign manager with a person who has never managed a major political campaign, much less a Presidential campaign and appointed a new CEO, the editor of Breitbart, who is known for an abrasive style, one which often makes Trump's seem reasonable in comparison:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...his-own-image/

The appointment of an inexperienced campaign manager, who happens to be female, might be an attempt to make himself seem more sensitive to women's issues; either that or, when he loses, he can just blame it all on the "broad". It appears Trump is going for broke and renewing his so far faltering campaign style...

Part of this move may be because the Putin-Manafort-Trump connections are coming more into light and some very serious questions are arising about the legality of Manafort's and his associates' possible violation of lobbying laws as they pertain to actions by US citizens acting as agents for foreign powers and interests:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...rt-claims.html

It is interesting to note, if the persons involved in these activities were either DEM candidates or their associates, there would be a hue and cry by the GOP congress for hearings and investigations; I will not hold my breath for those calls any time soon; the standards of ethics and morality for the GOP congressional leadership are well known to be fungible...

Another possible reason for the Trump campaign shakeup may have been seen in yesterday's foreign policy speech by Trump: he was was reading his remarks from scripted notes and teleprompters and seemed very uncomfortable not being able to give the audience the "Full Trump". The lukewarm reception of his speech by his followers may also have played into today's decisions. The Trump campaign has been somewhat like those WWE or other pro-wrestler shows, were the wrestler comes in all puffed up, bellowing and snarling about what he's going to do to his opponent; this has been his style and this is what his audience, much like the WWE audiences, craves. Trump also thrives on the fevered adulation he receives his followers when he is in "Full Trump" and I think he was missing it when he had to resort to being 'civilized' Trump.

Curiouser and curiouser...

<O>
Old 08-18-16, 01:41 AM   #2587
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Trump is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump....
Old 08-18-16, 01:58 AM   #2588
McBeck
Admiral

Downloads: 15

They are both bad in my opinion, however Trump is very dangerous and has the mental stability of a 5 year old.

Clinton is not clean, thats for sure, however in a global world (that the USA also depends on) she is the safer choice for foreign trade and diplomacy.

My concern is that the Clinton voters are not as eager to turn up on election day as the Trump voters are. Thats the real danger...

"I like subcommanders...they dont have time for bull****!"

Proud member of the Subsim army of zombies
Becks website
Old 08-18-16, 02:49 PM   #2589
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
Trump is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump which is worse than Clinton which is worse than Trump....
I think you have that backwards...
Old 08-18-16, 03:22 PM   #2590
August
Wayfaring Stranger

[QUOTE=McBeck;2427445]
Quote:
Clinton is not clean, thats for sure, however in a global world (that the USA also depends on) she is the safer choice for foreign trade and diplomacy.
Safer for who? Not us that's for sure given their history of shady dealings and her history of incompetence.
Old 08-18-16, 04:51 PM   #2591
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Statues of Trump starting to show up in American cities,lol The Emperor Has no clothes!

http://time.com/4458022/donald-trump...lflow_facebook

Al Capone
Old 08-18-16, 05:01 PM   #2592
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

“Is politics nothing other than the art of deliberately lying?”
― Voltaire

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 08-18-16, 05:04 PM   #2593
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

I feel like I am being given a choice. Would I rather be hit in the face with a wet or dry frying pan. Technically, there is probably a difference, but for all practical purposes, it is the same.
Old 08-18-16, 05:22 PM   #2594
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

After I read someone said Clinton was the better choice

I started to think about some scenarios that could happen in near future and what each of these two candidate would do if they were elected.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 08-18-16, 05:37 PM   #2595
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
After I read someone said Clinton was the better choice
I don't think that too many people think that Clinton is the better choice. More that Clinton is the less horrible choice. Just like there are many people who feel that Trump is the less horrible choice.

We used to have an actual Pro-Trump person at work. Strangely he has been real quiet lately.

Mostly what I run across are the anti people.

Anti Clinton
Anti Trump

But not a lot of pro people. I guess this is not a pro type election.

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump