SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-16-11, 01:17 PM   #241
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
@Reaper : as you are using my scopes's settings at sh5 ,i would like to inform you that the vertical scale (degrees scale) is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT and don't change anything there . now, if you want to create a 'mils' scale just put your '10' (or ..'100' ) exactly on 5,71 degrees (on degrees's hardcore vertical scale).
basically , you can create whatever vertical scale you want ( only the formula for finding range is changing or the setup at rings) but i am saying to you to put your '10'(or ..'100' ) on 5,71 degrees becuase most of the people at forum are allready used on using the formula r=(mast/mark) x 100 to get range
Yup Attack scope is perfect using the stock Degrees setup as per your info. Just could not confirm what scale the vertical graticules at the Obs scope was using. Found the info which showed that:

From U-boat Archive - U-570 - British Report Page 32

Division........Vertical Scale ...........Horizontal Scale
........(Near left hand side of field)..(Lower part of field).

.................Down..Up............. Left.... Right.
5 ..............3° 2'...2° 58'..........4° 54'...4° 52'
10..............6° 4'...6° 0'...........9° 49'...9° 47'
15..............9° 2'...9° 3'...........14° 45'..14° 46'

So the obs scope Vert graticule is using a different scale compared to the Horz graticule.
Have them set up perfect now. Thanks to all your info on setting them up .

Now I have the Attack scope with 38Deg FOV and Vert, Horz using 0-15 Degrees Markings where 10deg = 10deg.
The Obs scope is set for 36deg Horz FOV and 29deg Vert FOV, with 0-15 degree where markings where 10 deg = 10deg on Horizontal, and 0-150 (0-15 x10 scale) where 100 = 6deg.
Accurate to both stock and U-570's scopes. Works perfect using the 6x RAOBF (Degrees Version from your Magui ) with the correct adjusted shipstats in SH5.
Cheers mate.

Last edited by reaper7; 02-16-11 at 01:29 PM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 01:26 PM   #242
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Mediafire link : http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#1,1

Best regards Hans

Hi Hanns Link is incorrect Not pointing to file.

EDIT: Oops sorry for double post and I see Makman already posted link was incorrect.
Old 02-16-11, 04:03 PM   #243
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
@Hitman : so, the 'news' are that the attack scope had also the same (or almost the same ) 'black cuts' on upper and bottom side like the obs scope . is that all Hitman or i am still 'missing' something ?
also , do you have a link or infos about the EXACT specifications of UIIA's scopes ? ( and compare them with the infos that Hans has)
Yes, that's the news. Regarding Hans documentation, the PDF on his link is actually a document written by me LOL
Old 02-16-11, 04:55 PM   #244
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
hello to all,

@ Hans :the link for the infos is ...empty !! check it again .

@Hitman : so, the 'news' are that the attack scope had also the same (or almost the same ) 'black cuts' on upper and bottom side like the obs scope . is that all Hitman or i am still 'missing' something ?
also , do you have a link or infos about the EXACT specifications of UIIA's scopes ? ( and compare them with the infos that Hans has)

@Reaper : as you are using my scopes's settings at sh5 ,i would like to inform you that the vertical scale (degrees scale) is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT and don't change anything there . now, if you want to create a 'mils' scale just put your '10' (or ..'100' ) exactly on 5,71 degrees (on degrees's hardcore vertical scale).
basically , you can create whatever vertical scale you want ( only the formula for finding range is changing or the setup at rings) but i am saying to you to put your '10'(or ..'100' ) on 5,71 degrees becuase most of the people at forum are allready used on using the formula r=(mast/mark) x 100 to get range
Hi mate,

Sorry for that i don't know why but last night it work and to day nada

But i fix it here the link : http://www.mediafire.com/?ywt17bpdocbdb

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 04:58 PM   #245
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Will_Es View Post
Hi Hans,

I found a really interesting picture in one of your posts: Portrait with following sea. The water, stern wave & foam seems to be an extraction from SH5? Did or can you make a little mod with *.tga-files for installing in LSH3 V5.1 / GWX?

Would be very nice of you.

Best wishes,
Bruce
Hi Bruce,

Sorry i forgot to answer your pm cause i was not feeling to well the other day, for that water effect i am sorry to disappoint you but it is only a photoshop retouch i did based on a real sub water trail.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-16-11, 05:03 PM   #246
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
Speaking of interiours, do you plan on rendering both the bow and stern torpedo rooms for VII?
Hi mate,

Yep it will be done but it is a little longer to do because of extra steps i have to undertake to optimize the interior so it can smoothly be running.

If it run with decent fps on my old rig you can rest assure that it will run perfectly smooth on recent rigs.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-16-11, 05:06 PM   #247
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Yes, that's the news. Regarding Hans documentation, the PDF on his link is actually a document written by me LOL
Hi mate,

I was already worshiping you without knowing it

Thank to your pdf i was able to model the periskop correctly

Best regards Hans

Old 02-16-11, 05:07 PM   #248
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi Hanns Link is incorrect Not pointing to file.

EDIT: Oops sorry for double post and I see Makman already posted link was incorrect.

Hi mate,

Link fix here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/?ywt17bpdocbdb

Best regards Hans

Old 02-17-11, 12:27 PM   #249
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

OK , lets start it !

so , for the attack scope :

zooms : x1,5 / x6 and fov=38 degrees (not circular as Hitman says--thank you Hitman for the info)

and for the obs scope :

zooms : x1,52 / x6,05 as Hans's pic shows (...or x1,54 / x6,1 as u-570 info shows) and fov= 36,38'hor 29,2' ver or fov= 28,36' circular(?)
...second eyepiece...? thats impossible to imported in game ...we have to choose one setting for the obs scope

so , can anyone confirm the final settings(zooms and fov) for attack and obs scopes of UIIA ? it is a little 'mess' the whole ...thing about the scopes's specifications

@Reaper : i don't believe that the 'degrees' inner ring will work for you with a 'mils' scale . it needs a degrees scale so it will be ok for the attack but not for the obs
also, the aobf tool needs both scales (hor and ver) to be the same(either both to be degrees or either both to be 'mils') in order to show you correctly the aob (assuming that inner ring is correctly adjusted to both cases)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 01:46 PM   #250
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
OK , lets start it !

so , for the attack scope :

zooms : x1,5 / x6 and fov=38 degrees (not circular as Hitman says--thank you Hitman for the info)

and for the obs scope :

zooms : x1,52 / x6,05 as Hans's pic shows (...or x1,54 / x6,1 as u-570 info shows) and fov= 36,38'hor 29,2' ver or fov= 28,36' circular(?)
...second eyepiece...? thats impossible to imported in game ...we have to choose one setting for the obs scope

(I Can do the second eyepiece in SH5 ok - Thanks to the scripting - There's also an unused Attack Periscope screen in there, was probably gonna be for another subtype or for an American sub)

so , can anyone confirm the final settings(zooms and fov) for attack and obs scopes of UIIA ? it is a little 'mess' the whole ...thing about the scopes's specifications

@Reaper : i don't believe that the 'degrees' inner ring will work for you with a 'mils' scale . it needs a degrees scale so it will be ok for the attack but not for the obs
also, the aobf tool needs both scales (hor and ver) to be the same(either both to be degrees or either both to be 'mils') in order to show you correctly the aob (assuming that inner ring is correctly adjusted to both cases)
Thanks mate, Yes I'm aware of the Mils/Degree Issue with the Obs scope Graticules.
But I want to keep to having everything as realistic in my WIP Mod for SH5 (Sorry for thread hijack Hanns ).

The attack scope is perfect with both H and V Graticules in degrees .
Now the Obs scope works using the Mils conversion [(M.Height/Ticks)x1000] with the realistic obs graticules .
While the RAOBF works perfect to as I have the RINGS inside the eyepiece so they cover the obs graticules - and the RAOBF has its own Graticules in Degrees for both H and V , so that works perfect for the obs periscope.

Will be releasing a new version of the UI today for testing - Will have your degrees RAOBF from Magui in it for now till I convert the scale to my RAOBF .

EDIT: Just released my New version of the Mod for SH5 if anyone is interested:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173147

Remade my RAOBF too Makman with the correct scales for degrees .

Last edited by reaper7; 02-17-11 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-17-11, 09:29 PM   #251
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Attack Scope shouldn't have a 'Night Mode'. The smaller head made them pretty much useless, even at dusk and dawn.
Old 02-18-11, 08:50 AM   #252
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Attack Scope shouldn't have a 'Night Mode'. The smaller head made them pretty much useless, even at dusk and dawn.
Attack mode just simulates the Red Light on the Scope background.
But you gave me an Idea I may introduce a filter to the attack scope to simulate the lack of light in the attack scope optics, which will render the attack scope harder to use at night.
Old 02-18-11, 09:03 AM   #253
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Hi shipmates,

I am happy to see that you are making great progress in our superb new GUI element don't worry if i don't comment too much it is because i am very busy with rendering pass for the interior.

By the way we will need also the UZO and Observation scope for our new GUI and since you didn't see yet what i had made on the GUI i am going to make a very small video to show you what in there so you can oriented your work.

You have almost all the latitude and creativity you want except for the slide bottom in/out console and the TDC fire control but i had and idea last night about rendering the TDC console in angle just like it is in the torpedo room will do some test render tonight

And for Reaper tell me what ship would you like me to do the Unwrap template on?? Maybe the Bismark ? Just name one and i will send you the paint template

By the way welcome to our new team members

Best regards Hans

Old 02-18-11, 11:02 AM   #254
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi shipmates,
And for Reaper tell me what ship would you like me to do the Unwrap template on?? Maybe the Bismark ? Just name one and i will send you the paint template

By the way welcome to our new team members

Best regards Hans
Hi Hans, if you could send me a destroyer (Want to try out having 2 different Dazzel effect on each side of the hull) and possibly a Merchant (Liberty would be ok). That would be great .
Old 02-18-11, 12:14 PM   #255
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi Hans, if you could send me a destroyer (Want to try out having 2 different Dazzel effect on each side of the hull) and possibly a Merchant (Liberty would be ok). That would be great .
Hi mate,

What destroyer you have in mind??

Best regards Hans