SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-08, 06:39 AM   #241
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Yep, I new this to be the problem even if GWX 2.1 or SHIII 3.1 weren't in the mix this would still happen, I've never saved close to a harbour so its better to find out when your mucking around and not going into a full battle career mode.

Take note
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 07:11 AM   #242
Maraz
Navy Dude

Downloads: 0

I stopped playing due to Hardware problems few months ago, when we had GWX 1.3, now I come back and we are at release 2.1 ! Even though GWX 2.0 was said to be the final release !....

Thanks a lot to the GWX team !!!!

Maraz

First career: VIIB
U-54
Current career (Black Sea): IID U-24

GWX 2.1, U-Jagd Tools, 100% difficulty, manual targeting, DiD,

Maraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 07:18 AM   #243
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

Ok, after getting CTD´s all the time reloading a saved career, i´ll try a fresh installation of SHIII this afternoon.

Need answers for install instructions to make it clear :

SH3
Patch 1.4b
GWX 2.0
GWX 2.1
SH3 Cmdr.3.1
GWX files for SH3 Cmdr.3.1

????????

Main question is : SH3 Cmdr last or between GWX 2.0 and 2.1 ?

Downloaded SH3Cmdr.3.1 and hope it will work together with GWX.
Old 04-19-08, 08:21 AM   #244
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHibbins
Ok, after getting CTD´s all the time reloading a saved career, i´ll try a fresh installation of SHIII this afternoon.

Need answers for install instructions to make it clear :

SH3
Patch 1.4b
GWX 2.0
GWX 2.1
SH3 Cmdr.3.1
GWX files for SH3 Cmdr.3.1

????????

Main question is : SH3 Cmdr last or between GWX 2.0 and 2.1 ?

Fully install GWX as per the instructions given, SH3 Commander goes in last.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 08:29 AM   #245
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

Thx fo fast reply. So my list is ok. That´s fine
Old 04-19-08, 08:42 AM   #246
Ivan Putski
Captain

Downloads: 21

My install went smooth as silk, running my first campaign in GWX 2.1, with SHIII commander 3.1, and enjoying my first sortie, and my first kill. I never save in port, and allow myself to clear the base, then save, and exit. I also have a lot of mods installed, most GWX though. Thanks again GWX Team for the ultimate experience in SHIII. Puts
Old 04-19-08, 09:55 AM   #247
viKKing
Nub

Downloads: 5

A big hug to the GWX team.
Your dedication for this work will never be thanked enough.

I'm running into troubles though, the amount of new models and textures that have been added are getting my computers on the knees.
GWX2.1 is not even working correctly on one of them, mission loading is freezing at about 3% each time, whatever I'm trying to do.
It was working somewhat with 2.0, until then.

I've been de-installing/re-installing fully about 4 times since yesterday, and despite my will to play I've switching back to previous GWX (1.3). I want to play, not to keep watching the loading screen.
A light version with lower quality models would be welcome for some people (hint, hint, hint...)

It is not really a problem, since a loading crash recently killed my career , just wanted to point this on the forum.

Anyway, thanks again.
Old 04-19-08, 10:04 AM   #248
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by viKKing
A big hug to the GWX team.
Your dedication for this work will never be thanked enough.

I'm running into troubles though, the amount of new models and textures that have been added are getting my computers on the knees.
GWX2.1 is not even working correctly on one of them, mission loading is freezing at about 3% each time, whatever I'm trying to do.
It was working somewhat with 2.0, until then.

I've been de-installing/re-installing fully about 4 times since yesterday, and despite my will to play I've switching back to previous GWX (1.3). I want to play, not to keep watching the loading screen.
A light version with lower quality models would be welcome for some people (hint, hint, hint...)

It is not really a problem, since a loading crash recently killed my career , just wanted to point this on the forum.

Anyway, thanks again.
GWX does need a good chunk of system resource yes. 2gig of RAM is a big help when runniing SH3-GWX...

Loading does take a while due to the sheer volume of content and extras that have been added on to SH3.

Unfortunately as to a light version... can't comment on that... but I believe GWX was made on the "one size fits all" principle.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 10:15 AM   #249
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by viKKing
Hi!

GWX kept the resolution of all the models and skins the same as in stock Silent Hunter III to help keep the display rates (in fps - frames per second) as high as possible. A lot of your loading delay comes not from the models, but from the campaign, which increased every time we updated GWX as we found more historical things to throw in there. You can really see the difference if you compare the time needed to load the merged campaign (the entire war in all theaters) with the time needed to load the Black Sea Only campaign.

SH4 has worked around this problem by loading up only the next six months of events when you start a campaign, rather than the entire war, but that approach is not available for the SH3 engine.

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 10:27 AM   #250
viKKing
Nub

Downloads: 5

Thanks guys for the replies.

I got the mod working on 1 Gb Ram machine (low res. textures and 70% on particles), and it runs well.

Strangely it fails on my 1.5 Gb Ram machine.
I'm installing again and will clone the base install to avoid some of the operations.
I will keep you updated.
Old 04-19-08, 11:09 AM   #251
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

[quote=Penelope_Grey "one size fits all" principle.[/quote] lmao
Old 04-19-08, 12:01 PM   #252
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHibbins

Yes 3.1 works fine with GWX 2.1
Tried an earlier version myself over the last couple of weeks

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 12:08 PM   #253
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

God dammit! I'm starting to believe my luck with GWX 2.1 keens to ******* with me a lot

I started my second patrol from Konigsberg in September 1 at 1:00, from the very begining I started to get "Radio message received" flood telling: The base was changed to: Kiel, next message: The base was changed to: Konigsberg and so on and on 3 new meesages per minute. wtf.. Somebody in BDU can't make up with their minds about the base ? Don't tell me it's a malfunction thing, cus I'm not going to believe it anyway)

I'm canceling my patrol now or this message received message is going to drive me nuts

Updated:

Problem seems to occur again after starting a new patrol from Kiel. After pressing "Load saved career" table pops up with message, Base is changed to: Konigsberg. After pressing OK, another pop up appears telling: Base was changed to: Kiel

OK i'm done with explorations, going to uninstall ir fully and make fresh clean install, maybe that is going to help somehow..

Last edited by Contact; 04-19-08 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-19-08, 12:30 PM   #254
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
God dammit! I'm starting to believe my luck with GWX 2.1 keens to ******* with me a lot

I started my second patrol from Konigsberg in September 1 at 1:00, from the very begining I started to get "Radio message received" flood telling: The base was changed to: Kiel, next message: The base was changed to: Konigsberg and so on and on 3 new meesages per minute. wtf.. Somebody in BDU can't make up with their minds about the base ? Don't tell me it's a malfunction thing, cus I'm not going to believe it anyway)

I'm canceling my patrol now or this message received message is going to drive me nuts
Did your first patrol commence August 1st. You should then get a message after training advising you to return to base. Press Esc and your next patrol should be in Kiel or wherever about 24th August allowing you time to get to a patrol grid before the commencement of hostilities.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 12:44 PM   #255
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

GWX team did you guys alter any U-boat Val files from 2.0 to 2.1?

Thanks