SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-07-10, 07:10 PM   #241
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Uploads: 0

Sasha....

If the hatch is closed when you surface the boat, click on it and it will open. If your Captain is below when you submerge, the hatch should definitely close. If your Captain is on deck, you cannot submerge, you must go below. If you are below and the hatch does not close, then you have an issue. Mod conflict? Corrupted install? Are you patched to the latest version (believe it's 2.0)?
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 08:37 PM   #242
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
Sasha....

If the hatch is closed when you surface the boat, click on it and it will open. If your Captain is below when you submerge, the hatch should definitely close. If your Captain is on deck, you cannot submerge, you must go below. If you are below and the hatch does not close, then you have an issue. Mod conflict? Corrupted install? Are you patched to the latest version (believe it's 2.0)?

Thanks to instruments figured out (I have a button to climb over the compass and it was not visible) Thank you, and what to do with the hatch, the 1.2.0 version of the game so or not.

and yet they started to do exercises , before put this mod everything was fine, re installed the game, can start anew game .

SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 08:56 PM   #243
nodlew
Engineer

Sorry you are having so much trouble, but a quick look at these forums should assure you that this game has been "troubled" from the very beginning. The Silent Hunter community (and that includes you) has a right to be pissed off at the quantity of literally game-breaking bugs, errors, and inaccuracies that this game was released with. Most of these have been either corrected or mitigated by mods or the patches. There remain some deficiencies. For instance, although patched to 1.2 with mods (like the U-boat Historical Specifications 1.4 mod which I use) it is possible now to make a Decks Awash attack (crew remains on deck, hatch remains open so you can get below, diesel engines now remain operational) it's not perfect. At decks awash, I cannot use my binoculars, and if I go below, the hatch closes behind me and without teleport (no teleport in Reaper's mod) I cannot get back to the TBT station.
The sloppiness of some things is damn near unforgivable. To give a submarine gamer a stadimeter that does not work out of the box is tantamount to ripping him off, taking money for a product that cannot deliver as advertised. Ship recog manual innacuracies--removing neutral countries from having any relevance to gameplay...I could go on.
But, for all it's warts, the game has something going for it, or else I wouldn't be playing it.
Without the work of people like Darkwraith and Reaper I would long ago have forgotten this game exists.

Correction: The actual latest patch version is 1.2, not 2.0. Sorry.
Old 09-07-10, 09:02 PM   #244
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
Without the work of people like Darkwraith and Reaper I would long ago have forgotten this game exists.
I understand thank you for your understanding, and good luck in hunting.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 12:08 PM   #245
nodlew
Engineer

Default Obs. Peri. RAOBF Bug?

Reaper...

I noticed last night that I can't turn the middle dial of the RAOBF at the obs. periscope. I have made some changes of my own to the mod, but they should be unrelated.

Scripting bug?

I want to reiterate my question about the missing geographic coordinates on the Nav Map. I've asked twice, but apparently the request for info has got lost in the shuffle. The question is: Is there any way that I can restore the geographic coordinates (long/lat) to the Nav Map? I play at full realism and there are no updated map contacts for ship/convoy sightings. And now there is no information when I mouse over the contacts on the map regarding time of ship sighting, ship's heading, or speed. Convoys do not appear at all. The only hope I have of intercepting a convoy by radio contact report is to use the geographic coordinates in the report to locate the sighted ship, convoy, and work out an intercept course. I have tried on my own to resolve the issue without success.

Reaper7, come in Reaper7, please respond...
Old 09-09-10, 12:13 PM   #246
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Reaper...

I noticed last night that I can't turn the middle dial of the RAOBF at the obs. periscope. I have made some changes of my own to the mod, but they should be unrelated.

Scripting bug?

I want to reiterate my question about the missing geographic coordinates on the Nav Map. I've asked twice, but apparently the request for info has got lost in the shuffle. The question is: Is there any way that I can restore the geographic coordinates (long/lat) to the Nav Map? I play at full realism and there are no updated map contacts for ship/convoy sightings. And now there is no information when I mouse over the contacts on the map regarding time of ship sighting, ship's heading, or speed. Convoys do not appear at all. The only hope I have of intercepting a convoy by radio contact report is to use the geographic coordinates in the report to locate the sighted ship, convoy, and work out an intercept course. I have tried on my own to resolve the issue without success.

Reaper7, come in Reaper7, please respond...
Hi Nodlew, in relation to the RAOBF wheel do you Have TDC switched to Manual, it won't work in Auto.

As for the cordinates, not sure whats happening there. I get the same bug sometimes there on other times there not.
Haven't worked out whats going on there.
I may have to revert the Navigation Map.py back to stock and start adding my stuff to it again.
See if that sorts it.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 12:41 PM   #247
nodlew
Engineer

Thanks for the prompt reply, Reaper.
Hmmm. You mean I have to have Manual Input enabled at the Obs Periscope in order to use the RAOBF, but not at the Attack Periscope? I'll try it, but if so, that's a curve ball, as we say in the US. Don't know what the baseball idiom would be in Cricket.

I knew the problem was in the py file. Ok then about the Nav Map. I wish my problem was intermittent like yours, but for me--no map coords ever. How's that nite lite coming?
Old 09-09-10, 01:00 PM   #248
nodlew
Engineer

Nope. The RAOBF dial will not turn at the OBS. PERISCOPE whether I have manual input enabled or not. It works at the Attack Periscope.
Old 09-09-10, 01:03 PM   #249
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt reply, Reaper.
Hmmm. You mean I have to have Manual Input enabled at the Obs Periscope in order to use the RAOBF, but not at the Attack Periscope? I'll try it, but if so, that's a curve ball, as we say in the US. Don't know what the baseball idiom would be in Cricket.

I knew the problem was in the py file. Ok then about the Nav Map. I wish my problem was intermittent like yours, but for me--no map coords ever. How's that nite lite coming?
No both need to be in manual mode. If one is working but not the other something strange has gone on .
You could copy the dials.cfg and the page periscope files from the mod into the game folder, see if that re-enables it.

Night lite is working well now, just need to create a few more masks for items and show/hide by object snap rather than hide/show commands.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 02:10 PM   #250
nodlew
Engineer

I'll give that a shot, thanks. I have a lot of mods enabled, but JSGME doesn't report any conflicts--shouldn't be the problem.

I tried that...no effect. The RAOBF wheel turns at the Attack Periscope station whether I have manual input enabled or not. At the Obs. Periscope station it will not turn whether I have manual input enabled or not. Maybe I'll uninstall the mod, delete the files from the mod and just have them in the game folder and see if that works. Doubt it though.

Nothing works. I tried: 1)Placing the files in the Game Install directory; 2)Removing the files from the mod and having them only in the Game Install directory; 3) Removing the attack py, obs py, and the dials cfg from the Game Install directory and only having them in the mod. So, I don't know. If it works for you, the problem must be on my end somewhere. It's not a huge deal. I don't really use the obs. periscope for attack anyway. With your mod my sub has to be so close to the surface to use it that I worry that swells will reveal my conning tower.

Note--since my latest promotion to "Navy Dude" from "Medic" I now have a much cooler hat. But the total effect of my new look causes me concern that I may have suddenly become a homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that for those who are, but until recently--I was not). And why do I have this urge to sing Bohemian Rhapsody?

Last edited by nodlew; 09-09-10 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-09-10, 08:29 PM   #251
LiveGoat
XO

Downloads: 439

Just don't sing "Danny Boy"!

Quote:
Note--since my latest promotion to "Navy Dude" from "Medic" I now have a much cooler hat. But the total effect of my new look causes me concern that I may have suddenly become a homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that for those who are, but until recently--I was not). And why do I have this urge to sing Bohemian Rhapsody?
LiveGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 02:39 AM   #252
nodlew
Engineer

Funny, Goat. What movie was that?
Old 09-10-10, 02:49 PM   #253
nodlew
Engineer

Default Alternative Optics

With Reaper's permission I am making public a small optics mod that I have made for his UI. The intent of this mod is to downplay the background images and make the optical lenses the only visual focus. This has been done, in the case of the periscopes, by blurring the background images. The binoculars have been replaced with a new image, and I have used Arclight's UZO from his MRP 1.3 mod for the TBT image. It comes with a readme that includes install instructions (JSGME). Make sure you install Reaper's latest patches. Two versions of the mod are included in the download--one with Reaper's RAOBF markings, and one with mine. My RAOBF tutorial pdf is included.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9hu13fosuj11dh7

Screens:

There you go. Remember, the primary mission objective is to make it back alive.
Old 09-10-10, 05:16 PM   #254
LiveGoat
XO

Downloads: 439

"Can't Stop the Music", the fictionalized, musical biopic of The Village People. Let's put it this way: watching this movie is only slightly less horrifying than witnessing a war atrocity.

In the interest of preventing a thread hijack, I just wanna say it's amazing how much you guys have acomplished since SH5's release. Looks like I'm gonna have to a re-install soon.

Quote:
Funny, Goat. What movie was that?
LiveGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 06:05 PM   #255
nodlew
Engineer

I don't want to highjack this thread either, and with my well-intentioned efforts to get the RAOBF working for myself and others, I'm afraid I have come close to doing so. Reaper is doubtlessly working away at his latest improvements and will make a triumphal return with either a new version or a patch when he is done.

I am happy with the way his UI is working for me now, so I am on the verge of falling silent.

There have been a number of downloads of the various files I have made for the mod, and as yet I have received no feedback whatsoever. No news is presumably good news, but I would like to know one thing: has anyone else found my RAOBF markings file to work for them, or, conversely, not to work for them?