SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-07-20, 09:01 AM   #241
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Nobody has any desire whatsoever for Iran to have a nuclear weapon. Especially China, such a thing could escalate tensions, disrupt commerce, raise oil prices of which they depend on and disrupt their Silk Road intentions.
https://www.thenewsilkroadproject.co...themiddle-east

Death to Tyrants and Freedom and Democracy for Syria? Not likely.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...ng-under-syria

I'm beginning to think our reasons for being in the Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan have little to do with Freedom and Democracy, ISIS or the Taliban. It is I think to establish U.S. friendly governments in an attempt to keep China from monopolizing the entire region. You hear many blame the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia being involved in plots against the U.S. that IMO meant to divide our alliance. All you have to do is read up on the backgrounds and beliefs of those Saudi nationals who committed acts of terrorism against the U.S. Their loyalties lie with the Muslim Brotherhood and or their goals not the Saudi government. Even that recent shooter at the Navy Base here in the U.S.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-07-20 at 10:28 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 09:32 AM   #242
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Even when dead he is connected to yet more deaths.

Quote:
Forty people have been killed in a stampede as Iranians flocked to the burial of a top commander killed in a US drone strike, officials say.

The deaths in Qasem Soleimani's hometown of Kerman led to the postponement of his interment. A new time will be announced later.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51015795

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 11:57 AM   #243
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A friends friend wrote following in a comment to a friends post.

"USA and Israel will join forces and wipe Iran from the map once and for all"

I can't see any reason whatsoever to why Israel should or would take active part in a war between USA and Iran.

The only reason Israel would take part, would be defending them self.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 02:59 PM   #244
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The only reason Israel would take part, would be defending them self.
^This. The point is that Israel already is at war with Iran. Iranian proxies launch attacks on Israel since years and years, and Iran establishes military presences in neighbouring countries, namely Lebanon and Syria. Israeli air force has repeatedly struck them - and also targetted Iranian weapon dumps and killed Iranian personnel. The war already is hot - its just still not on a huge scale.

Personally I hold zero sympathy for the idea of that you need to allow the other to hit and strike you first before your later attempt to defend yourself actually becomes self-defence instead of an act of "overreaction" and "excessive use of force not different to what the other did to you" and so yourself being declared to be "not better than your attacker". I am afraid of pain and injury, I am phobic to suffering, and I have a strong bias against needlessly allowing others to kill me. I try to take the other out BEFORE he can hit me. And in case of nuclear exchanges its simply stupid to wait for the first enemy impacts. You want to hit the other before he can even launch.

BTW the US and Israel already have struck inside Iran, and probably repeatedly so. Remember the Stuxnet virus destroying Iranian centrifuges? That was a full-blown military attack, with innovative new weaponry. In ancient times archers were not seen as formally legimtiated soldiers or knioghts, due to their new distance wepaons that knioghts and their armour could not reriost and suddenly endered their way of fighting useless. Still these invalid soldiers nevertheless killed knights. The sam emistake mit would be to say cyberweapons are nmot wepaons just becasue they have no warhead that goes boom and bang with bright light and loud sound.

Also, quite some Iranian nuclear expert has been mysteriously fallen victim to an accident, disappearance, or got simply openly assassinated inside Iran.

The war is being fought since years already. And people are dying since as long, and not few.
Old 01-07-20, 03:47 PM   #245
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ You're right

There's an ongoing silent war between Israel and Iran a silent war most of us does not know anything about.

I also know Israel have set a red line(something with 90 %) if Iran are near this deadline-Israel will attack Iran in self defense.

It's this conflict we are witness to.

I don't think Israel is letting US using their airbases or their harbours in a war with Iran.

I don't think we will see fighter jets from USA and Israel attacking Iran or seeing soldiers from these two countries fighting Iranian military together.

Edit
Israel have their own missile defense - Iron Dome
End of Edit

I think, if a war is coming they will be on highest alert expecting anything.

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 01-07-20 at 04:15 PM.
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 04:15 PM   #246
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
They call him the architect of the modern terror structure in the ME. That description is more precise, and correct. The blood of hundreds if not thousands drips off his hands. And he waged active war, year after year after year.

This was not just any general in a foreign country's army. He shoudl have ended up in the The Haguem, but unfortunately the Hague never rules for the gallow.

It irks me that Western media report about the hysteric funeral as if it were a state burial we should be concerned of and should pay tribute for. He was one of our most lethal enemies, and he has killed so many of us (Westerners and Israeli) . Eat and drink and celebrate life, I say!
L'Chaim!!!!
Old 01-07-20, 04:49 PM   #247
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I think Sullimani was in Bagdhad to conduct a takeover of the US Embassy ala Tehran 1979. The first attempt to storm the embassy the other day was just a probe but they were gearing up for a second attempt and we got wind of it so we cut off the head of the snake before he could strike.

Trump is not Jimmy Carter and thank God for it.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 05:48 PM   #248
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

It appears he was there in relation to a Saudi proposal to de-escalate tensions in the region.
Old 01-07-20, 06:26 PM   #249
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Al-Asad airbase under Iranian missile attack right now.

Anbar province.
Old 01-07-20, 09:29 PM   #250
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

Here we go.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 09:35 PM   #251
Skybird
Soaring

Irbil as well. Counts of numbers of used missiles vary from 12 to 35.

The strike is said to have come from inside Iran - not from one proxy ally faction outside Iran.

All media info to be taken with care.

Irbil is base for over 100 German trainers as well, German defence ministry says they all are okay.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-07-20 at 09:46 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 10:18 PM   #252
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
The strike is said to have come from inside Iran - not from one proxy ally faction outside Iran.
I wonder how far that is?

How come they never figured out the SA oil field attacks?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 07:26 AM   #253
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Ukraine International 737-800 crashed minutes after takeoff from Tehran.

No survivors from the 180 on board.

Reached 8,000 feet before data stops. Videos show a flaming aircraft descending rapidly.

No certain indicators yet as to cause but an emergency doesn't seem to have been declared before impact.

Ugh.
Old 01-08-20, 07:39 AM   #254
Skybird
Soaring

Bild Zeitung claims to have sources for that US defences took out all missiles fired at the US consulate in Erbil. Thats why there were no damages and losses.

Iraq says it received warnings from Iran short time ahead of the incoming attack. No word on whether the Iraqis handed the warning on to the Americans as well.

Iran rejects to hand over the blackbox of the Ukrainian 737. "Aviation Herald" reports that the Ukrainean embassy immediately released a message that it was no terror or missile strike - and that the message was deleted just short time later and replaced with a general travel warning for Iran. Iranian authorities spoke of a technical accident already a few minutes after the plane crashed. Thats what I call a competent research team! - Its very well possible, but not certain, that the primary message the Iranians wanted to send was not the strike on the US bases in Iraq, but what has happened to this civilian airliner. However, there is one contra to this theory: most people aboard were Iranians, says IRNA. But their count of victims gives three people more aboard than the official passenger list by CAO.

However, I think this will be all escalation for the moment. Iran saved its face, seems to have wanted to avoid a serious high-death-toll retaliation which woukld have forced the US retaliate in return again, and that Trump waits and takes long time before adressing the public with more thna a Tweet may be an indication that the WH does not consider further escalation as well. Iranian propaganda commandoes are rolling through the street and annoucne a smashing victory. The people at home feel proud. Objective achieved.

I bet 2:1 that this is it for the moment. What the future brigns, is somethign different. In the end, Iran may be a tougher nut than Iran was in 2003, but it cannot afford a full blown war with the Us at this point of time, and is in serious economic stress already. If Soleimani would not have been a likely candidate for the succession as head of state (maybe the real reason why the Americnas took him out: you do not want such a smart and efficient man to become leader of an enemy nation) , they maybe would not have reacted at all. Now a bitter fight for the vacant position of heir of the throne will unleash.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-08-20 at 08:07 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 08:11 AM   #255
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

If an aircraft is hit by a missile, this may well lead to technical failure of some sort..

The whole region is going crazy now. While i cannot say that the death of Suleimani has to be mourned after what he did, time and place was ill chosen.

It seems the US neglects active spying by humans, depending on general intelligence data obtained entirely digitally and by remote camera observations. Bad and insecure trend.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran, iran nuclear threat, royal navy, usa