SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-24-10, 06:12 AM   #2461
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
Hi
a few more mods would to great

Yes i do see the logs using windows explorer

[When you save the ship's journal you should see a dialog box pop up that says the file was created successfully. If you don't see this then the file was not created successfully and thus you didn't save the ship's journal and you won't be able to open it (import it). this is not happering]

Install path D:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5

file name is Dave

ps can Sober think of ever mod i miss or should i remove sum

thank you all
what language are you playing the game with (German, English, French, etc.)? Can you send me the Dave.dat file from \Silent Hunter 5\Logs so I can see what it did?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 06:38 AM   #2462
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
what language are you playing the game with (German, English, French, etc.)? Can you send me the Dave.dat file from \Silent Hunter 5\Logs so I can see what it did?
Playing in english

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.4.0.145
[D:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
NewUIs_TDC_2_7_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_2_7_0_AllDials_TDC

with this mods in it works but still do not get is When you save the ship's journal you should see a dialog box pop up that says the file was created successfully. If you don't see this then the file was not created successfully and thus you didn't save the ship's journal and you won't be able to open it (import it)

with the game running i put in a few words them save it ,delete it with the game still running i opwn it up and there is was out of game then went back into the game and it loaded up ok

U021 TheDarkWraith04/07/1942 05:10 PMFollowing plotted course! 04/07/1942 05:10 PMAhead standard 04/07/1942 05:10 PMtes 1 04/07/1942 05:10 PMNew course 010 degrees! 04/07/1942 05:11 PMahha

are you ment to save it ,then delet it open it up again befor leveing game
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 06:47 AM   #2463
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
with the game running i put in a few words them save it ,delete it with the game still running i opwn it up and there is was out of game then went back into the game and it loaded up ok

U021 TheDarkWraith04/07/1942 05:10 PMFollowing plotted course! 04/07/1942 05:10 PMAhead standard 04/07/1942 05:10 PMtes 1 04/07/1942 05:10 PMNew course 010 degrees! 04/07/1942 05:11 PMahha

are you ment to save it ,then delet it open it up again befor leveing game
you have me totally confused. You should be able to save the ship's journal at any time. Then you can leave game. You decide you want to play again and you want the same journal entries you had last time so you import the ship's journal you saved into your current game.
Does this not work for you?
You can also save the ship's journal, edit your ship's journal in game. You made an error and didn't want to delete something you did so you import the ship's journal that you saved. Does this not work for you?
You continue the career you've been playing. You want to keep one ship's journal for the entire career. Once the game is loaded you import your ship's journal that you're using for this career. Does this not work for you?
Old 05-24-10, 07:05 AM   #2464
dem
Planesman

Quote:
you have me totally confused. You should be able to save the ship's journal at any time. Then you can leave game. You decide you want to play again and you want the same journal entries you had last time so you import the ship's journal you saved into your current game.
Does this not work for you?
You can also save the ship's journal, edit your ship's journal in game. You made an error and didn't want to delete something you did so you import the ship's journal that you saved. Does this not work for you?
You continue the career you've been playing. You want to keep one ship's journal for the entire career. Once the game is loaded you import your ship's journal that you're using for this career. Does this not work for you?

Sorry for the confuesed

its working now all ok

But the dialog box still is not come up

[When you save the ship's journal you should see a dialog box pop up that says the file was created successfully. If you don't see this then the file was not created successfully and thus you didn't save the ship's journal and you won't be able to open it (import it).

Thank you for your work

ps Sorry for the confuesed

dem

Old 05-24-10, 07:13 AM   #2465
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Sorry for the confuesed

its working now all ok

But the dialog box still is not come up
ah, I think I know why the dialog box isn't showing. Do me a favor and edit your \Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg:

change this section to read like this:
[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
MenuEditor=Yes
DebugScripts=Yes

see if you don't get the dialog box then. If so then I have to use a different dialog box (MessageBox instead of the ScriptManagerManaged.ShowPythonError)
Old 05-24-10, 07:36 AM   #2466
dem
Planesman

Quote:
ah, I think I know why the dialog box isn't showing. Do me a favor and edit your \Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
MenuEditor=Yes
DebugScripts=Yes

see if you don't get the dialog box then. If so then I have to use a different dialog box (MessageBox instead of the ScriptManagerManaged.ShowPythonError)
ok will do

its works then i play in the Historical Missions

but it is not working in the campaign

then i go to open it up it deletes all the logs in the box down bottem on rihgt had side

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
MenuEditor=Yes
DebugScripts=Yes

after doing the above i now get the dialog box come up

but is still not loaded it back up
and it deletes all the logs in the box down bottem on right hand side
Old 05-24-10, 09:17 AM   #2467
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
its works then i play in the Historical Missions

but it is not working in the campaign

then i go to open it up it deletes all the logs in the box down bottem on rihgt had side
I just tried it in campaign and it works fine I loaded up a single mission's (Historical mission) ship's journal that I had saved and everything worked like it should.

I don't understand your last part about it deletes all the logs in the box.
Old 05-24-10, 09:51 AM   #2468
dem
Planesman

[QUOTE=TheDarkWraith;1401849]I just tried it in campaign and it works fine I loaded up a single mission's (Historical mission) ship's journal that I had saved and everything worked like it should.

I don't understand your last part about it deletes all the logs in the box.[/QUO

still notworking for me
would the game be better on my c drive

then i go to load up my journal it blank, and the messages in messagebox from the crew in the box at the bottom right handside go blank they
Disappears
Old 05-24-10, 09:53 AM   #2469
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

[QUOTE=dem;1401874]
Quote:
I just tried it in campaign and it works fine I loaded up a single mission's (Historical mission) ship's journal that I had saved and everything worked like it should.

I don't understand your last part about it deletes all the logs in the box.[/QUO

still notworking for me
would the game be better on my c drive

then i go to load up my journal it blank, and the messages from the crew in the box at the bottom right handside go blank they
Disappears
can you send me your dave.dat file so I can examine it? PM me with link please.
Old 05-24-10, 02:18 PM   #2470
dem
Planesman

[QUOTE=TheDarkWraith;1401877]
Quote:

can you send me your dave.dat file so I can examine it? PM me with link please.
Hi

IT works

I reinstalled sh 5 on my c drive and all by mods

and it now works

But the dialog box still is not coming up

unless the game is in edited mod

but it works

thanks for you time

all the bust

dem

ps

The problem mite have been that i installed the mod whilst on patrol sorry
Old 05-24-10, 05:00 PM   #2471
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Wrote the Ship's Journal Editor application. It's was written in C# using Visual Studio 2008. It's available here:
http://www.filefront.com/16542745/Sh...nalEditor.exe/

With this you can edit your ship's journal files outside of the game. You can add, edit, and delete just like you can in game. This will require v2.7.1 of the UIs mod which I'll be uploading right after this. The operation of the application is almost identical to the ship's journal in game. If you save any changes with this and you're not using v2.7.1 then you won't be able to use your ship's journal files! It's ok to view the files if you're not using v2.7.1 as long as you don't save them.
There are check boxes next to each entry in this application. The checkboxes mean ignore. So if you check an entry then it will be ignored in game - it won't appear in your ship's journal or the messagebox. You'll notice that when you view some of your ship's journals that you'll see some entries are 'ignored' - more than likely radio contacts (that means the radio contact was outside of the range you specified in the options file).

The application requires .NET 3.5 to be installed on your computer. Don't try to run the application if you don't have .NET 3.5 as it will crash.

To use earlier versions of the mod's ship's journal files you have to use the application to open them up and then save them. Then they will be useable in v2.7.1.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-25-10 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-24-10, 05:35 PM   #2472
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v2.7.1 released. See post #1 for details. This is a bug fix for v2.7.0 and it's mainly for multi-player. It also sets a new format for the ship's journal file so an application was written and included to allow you to edit/view the ship's journal files you have saved.

v2.7.1 change log:
v2.7.1 - fixed bug of some users experiencing a python error when exiting the game
- fixed bug of users not being able to see popups when importing/exporting the ship's journal
- fixed bug of python error being thrown when multi-player game starts
- added more error checking code to ship's journal import/export functions
- wrote the ship's journal editor application. This application can be used to edit the ship's journal files outside of the game. It is included with the mod
- added 'magic' string code to ship's journal exporter to help make ship's journal files 'stand out'. The application requires .Net 3.5 to be installed on your computer.
- added a new folder to the mod called Applications. You'll find the ship's journal editor in that folder.
Old 05-24-10, 06:30 PM   #2473
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Downloaded. Installed. Tested.

I love what i see.

Many thanks for the good work and also the good support.

Gruß Echolot.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 07:39 PM   #2474
BerntBalchen
IntOpsVet

Downloads: 68

Damn your fast oh dark one. for dedication.
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR5 5600MHz 64GB
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade PCIe M.2 NVME SSD 2TB
CASE: Phanteks Eclipse G500A DRGB Mid Tower
MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING
PSU: Corsair HX1200, 1200W PSU
Screen: ASUS 27" gamingskjerm ROG Strix XG27AQ x 2
BerntBalchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 09:02 PM   #2475
MattDizzle
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Does this mod cause the view to be locked onto a locked on ship? I loved the ability in sh5 to lock onto a ship and look in another direction, but since installing the newest version it hasnt been working.

List of mods:

NewUIs_TDC_2_5_0_Twisty_periscope_thingies
No Surface Hydrophone
Reaper 7 - Enhanced recognition manual
ottos - chalkboard
kapitan_zur_see - no crosshair
AilSmoke
AilDeckwave
AilClouds
Environment 1.2_MOD
Nauticalwolf's Interior Mod V1.0
Old Style Explosions V1.1