Old 12-23-16, 10:13 AM   #2401
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
More like Nusra&co
Do you think it'll result in closer ties between Moscow and Istanbul? I know Erdo has been angling for that after the Sukhoi shoot-down, and I think he's also hedging his bets incase NATO decides to get on his case, but I think that Trump is pro-Erdogan as well so that's not likely to happen now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
This is all our fault really we caused him to what what he did in the first place and now tracking this islamist terrorist murder suspect down and killing him is just going to radicalize countless others. I think we should try sending them a gift baskest instead.
Oi, stop trying to out-sarcasm me.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 10:37 AM   #2402
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
This is all our fault really we caused him to what what he did in the first place and now tracking this islamist terrorist murder suspect down and killing him is just going to radicalize countless others. I think we should try sending them a gift baskest instead.
Yep but something with a very short fuse.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 11:08 AM   #2403
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
You now what really sickens me? That this murderer now is all over the news, and every media focusses on trying to understand him. "What made him turning into the person he became?" "Why did he do it?" "How was his past?" "How did he manage to sneak through the nets?" "What does his family say?" "How does his father feel?" "What's on mind of his mother?" - Not a single essay so far on trying to tell people about his victims that he killed and injured. No biographic interest in those who got killed. Who got hurt, and carry these scars for life. No effort to tell people who these people were, as individuals or persons. All focus is on the dirtbag that so to speak now takes all the "applause".

Don't get me wrong, I am no sentimentalist, honestly said I do not care much about those victims' biography, I did not knew any of them, I feel no personal loss and am not personally affected. But I know from own experience how it feels to be in the middle of such a mess. And I know that I also do not care one rat's tail-tip full of dirt for this murderer, too, I simply do not care how he became that dirtbag that he ended as. All I say is that something is totally off balance if media and public interest make a cult of the murderer, and do not care for the killed and the injured. And politicians holding speeches at a funeral event one week later and the TV show they will make of this in the news, really is the last thing I have on mind.

Maybe youk now this movie with Tom Cruise, "Jack Reacher", the first movie he did in tha role. The lawyer wants Reacher to work for her, she is all obsessed with trying to defend the murder suspect, and her thinking does not go beyond this. Reacher accepts to work with and for her - but he sets one condition: while he does the research and puts the puzzle together, he demands her to visit all the families of all the murder victims, and interview them about what kind of people they were, why they were loved, and what characterised them as the individual humans they were, and what made them being loved by those who loved them. - This touches upon what is missing in the reality failure today.
Old 12-23-16, 11:14 AM   #2404
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You now what really sickens me? That this murderer now is all over the news, and every media focusses on trying to understand him. "What made him turning into the person he became?" "Why did he do it?" "How was his past?" "How did he manage to sneak through the nets?" "What does his family say?" "How does his father feel?" "What's on mind of his mother?" - Not a single essay so far on trying to tell people about his victims that he killed and injured. No biographic interest in those who got killed. Who got hurt, and carry these scars for life. No effort to tell people who these people were, as individuals or persons. All focus is on the dirtbag that so to speak now takes all the "applause".

Don't get me wrong, I am no sentimentalist, honestly said I do not care much about those victims' biography, I did not knew any of them, I feel no personal loss and am not personally affected. But I know from own experience how it feels to be in the middle of such a mess. And I know that I also do not care one rat's tail-tip full of dirt for this murderer, too, I simply do not care how he became that dirtbag that he ended as. All I say is that something is totally off balance if media and public interest make a cult of the murderer, and do not care for the killed and the injured. And politicians holding speeches at a funeral event one week later and the TV show they will make of this in the news, really is the last thing I have on mind.
It may surprise you, but I agree. The less media attention is placed on this man the better, we do not need to try to make celebrities out of terrorists, the agencies of Daesh and the like will do that enough.
The same thing goes for mass-shooters.

It'll never happen though.
Old 12-23-16, 11:30 AM   #2405
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

It also explains why they found the ID papers in the lorry. Actually, this is nothing new. Many Muslim terrorists leave their passports or evidence of their identity at the scene of the crime - as visiting cards. They are narcissists who take themselves incredibly important, and they want all world to know who did the carnage.

Meanwhile I read why it took the Berlin police that longer time to find the papers. They wanted to bring in bloodhounds to track the fleeing attacker down, but in ortder to have the dogs starting with a clean sample they did not want to contaminate the scent environment in the cockpit. So they sealed it off and did not touch it. - Shows that they were quite desperate,as I said earlier. Without those papers found, they would have had practically no hot track. I doubt they would have known about his identity by now, and would have pinpoint and killed him in Milan.

Narcissism sometimes seems to have positive side-effects.
Old 12-23-16, 01:47 PM   #2406
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Daesh has put out a hit list on their website of dozens of churches here in the States that they want their followers to attack, plus malls etc. Time to end these bastids and I don't really care anymore how we do it either. Napalm, cluster bombs, bunker busters , anything short of a nuke, lets have at it.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 03:11 PM   #2407
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

That's the spirit old boy, now all you have to do is convince the new president, good luck with that.
Old 12-23-16, 03:35 PM   #2408
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Good news in the war on terror for Obama's allies http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7491146.html
Old 12-23-16, 03:58 PM   #2409
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Read the report then wondered, why Milan? Apparently human trafficking is still big business. Both ways.

https://news.vice.com/article/those-...muggling-trade

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-16, 04:34 PM   #2410
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Daesh has put out a hit list on their website of dozens of churches here in the States that they want their followers to attack, plus malls etc. Time to end these bastids and I don't really care anymore how we do it either. Napalm, cluster bombs, bunker busters , anything short of a nuke, lets have at it.
If there's a way to kill Daesh soldiers with the minimalist amount of collateral damage then I'm all for it. Collateral just increases the enemies manpower and decreases our public support. The heavy handed approach is what Daesh wants us to use...it may not seem like it, but in terms of casualties inflicted and ground lost we are winning this war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Good news in the war on terror for Obama's allies http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7491146.html
That'll get overturned pretty quickly I'll wager if there's a desire for it to be done.
Old 12-23-16, 06:19 PM   #2411
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Do you think it'll result in closer ties between Moscow and Istanbul? I know Erdo has been angling for that after the Sukhoi shoot-down, and I think he's also hedging his bets incase NATO decides to get on his case, but I think that Trump is pro-Erdogan as well so that's not likely to happen now.
Depends on what they would do with the islamists in question.

At the moment it appears that Turkey is sitting behind the Russia-Iran-Turkey table in the Syrian war.
Old 12-26-16, 03:50 AM   #2412
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Old 12-31-16, 01:43 PM   #2413
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

It appears that UNSC has adopted the new resolution about Syria.
Old 01-01-17, 08:00 AM   #2414
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Turkeys turn again!!

Quote:
Istanbul new year Reina nightclub attack 'leaves 39 dead'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38481521

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 08:16 AM   #2415
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Allegedly dressed as Santa no less.

Tags
terrorism