SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-11, 04:30 PM   #226
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
It's what people do!

And a small army is building around me to help integrating the stuff other supermod have, first it will be release with some gameplay mechanic enhancement and as time go by all the rest will be included as update.
And that has me excited.

Now if there was just something for SH4 u-boats.[/QUOTE]

Hi mate,

I never tried Sh4 so far but later on i will buy a copy and look at the engine to see what possible.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 01:02 PM   #227
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

Like i already mention in this thread it is technically not possible and i am not going to reverse engineering all my work to retrofit in other supermod instead of wasting my time doing this i am modeling all the stuff people want to see in game.

Wait until it is release and watch carefully how they will try to add part of my mod to other supermod with the endless crash to desktop festival!

Only some parts are possible without problem like crew and some environment and not all .

And a small army is building around me to help integrating the stuff other supermod have, first it will be release with some gameplay mechanic enhancement and as time go by all the rest will be included as update.

So please guys read all the posts before asking the same question over an over again

Best regards Hans
Hans, I read your original post about this...I just recognize that what you've undertaken is quite impressive, but it must have comprehensive gameplay mechanics and a well-developed campaign (things the existing supermods have spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours developing and refining), if its going to be more than novelty.

But if you've got others working on those elements now, rock on...I look forward to seeing it when its finished.
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 02:22 PM   #228
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
so Hitman, if i get you right ...you mean that the UIIA's obs scope had also these 'black cuts'(like the obs scope that we have currently at our guis) on upper and bottom side giving a fov of ,for example, 38x28,5 degrees (analogy 4:3),right ? but if you mean this...then i don't understand
Not the observation, the attack scope. We have been representing the normal scopes (Not necessarily the fixed heigth one, as I lack data about that one) view wrong all the time by doing it circular.

Quote:
...what has this to do with the Kurswinkel 'thingy'
or... you mean that the scopes's hole was something like oval shape...giving different horizontal and vertical dimensions ?
Nothing to do with the Kurswinkel wiz-wheel, just with the appearence of the view when you look through the scope.
Old 02-14-11, 05:17 PM   #229
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Not the observation, the attack scope. We have been representing the normal scopes (Not necessarily the fixed heigth one, as I lack data about that one) view wrong all the time by doing it circular.

Nothing to do with the Kurswinkel wiz-wheel, just with the appearence of the view when you look through the scope.

This suggests the same Hitman: http://www.uboatarchive.net/U-570BritishReport.htm

Zeiss Periscope No. 2523 (Watchkeeping Periscope)

Optical Data
Optical length 7 m. 55.
Main eyepiece: Magnifications6.1 and 1.54.
Angular field High power 7° 15' vertical. 8° 46' horizontal. 29° 2' vertical. 36° 38' horizontal. Exit pupil 7.0 mms.
Eye clearance 1.5 in.
Second eyepiece: Angular field High power 7° 3' circular. Low power 28° 36' circular.
Eye clearance0/75" Elevation movement to 90° Depression movement to 10°

FOV in MAin Eyepiece 29° 2' vertical, 36° 38' horizontal.
So eyepiece would have been Elliptical Being 38 Degree Ticks wide and 29 Degree Ticks high.
At the moment we are doing our scopes 29 Degrees FOV Circular, which was closer to the second eyepiece. Hmmm May need to redo my scope to Match these dimensions .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 11:41 PM   #230
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Hi shipmates,

I will post some periskop pictures and specs from my source tomorrow because tonight i don't feel too well

Best regards Hans

Old 02-15-11, 08:24 AM   #231
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
FOV in MAin Eyepiece 29° 2' vertical, 36° 38' horizontal.
So eyepiece would have been Elliptical Being 38 Degree Ticks wide and 29 Degree Ticks high.
At the moment we are doing our scopes 29 Degrees FOV Circular, which was closer to the second eyepiece. Hmmm May need to redo my scope to Match these dimensions .
Yes, but not elliptical. Simply cut in the top and bottom, exactly like the one I did for my scopes mod. I copied it from a german late war observation periscope manual which I have some pics from. The news for me was that the "older" periscope models, which looked differently and had monocular eyepieces instead of binoviewers, installed in Type II UBoats ALSO had that non-circular field of view.
Old 02-15-11, 08:56 AM   #232
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 276

Quote:
Hi shipmates,

I will post some periskop pictures and specs from my source tomorrow because tonight i don't feel too well

Best regards Hans
@Hans

Firstly get well soon mate, looking forward to the piccies

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 12:09 PM   #233
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

+1 feel better soon, mate

PS I took a foray into SH5 yesterday out of curiosity, and if there be any doubt for me it has been smashed-SH3 is the only future, so rest assured, Hans, your direction is the right way
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 02:10 PM   #234
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Yes, but not elliptical. Simply cut in the top and bottom, exactly like the one I did for my scopes mod.
Ahh, thats ok. Thats the way I've done it in my Mod too . Thought that that may have been the second eyepiece lens .
Was reading into it wrong hehe.

But that info is good, will allow me to position the Top and Bottom cutoffs properly now, just guessed it by eye on my current SH5 scope optics. Also the Vertical Degree in my current optics are incorrect going by them figures - time to fix them too.

So a win win situation there.

EDIT:

Well what do you know I was only one pixel out on my Visual guess of the Vert Degree Tick Marks (No need to change there )

Last edited by reaper7; 02-15-11 at 03:08 PM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 04:20 AM   #235
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Hi shipmates,

As promised here the link to all thing related to typIIA periskop i also included for Makman the periskop water level with the alpha channel so to used it just select the alpha channel in your paint program and re size it as you see fit

All others 3d renders of misc periskop like on/off switch&plate all included with multiple positions etc alpha included in all.

I also put the periskop authentic identification plate because there is important info on optic.

Also i includes a little PDF call U-boat optic maybe you have it already but we never know

Mediafire link : http://www.mediafire.com/?ywt17bpdocbdb

Best regards Hans

Last edited by Hans Witteman; 02-16-11 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-16-11, 04:23 AM   #236
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
+1 feel better soon, mate

PS I took a foray into SH5 yesterday out of curiosity, and if there be any doubt for me it has been smashed-SH3 is the only future, so rest assured, Hans, your direction is the right way

Hi mate,

I also think the future is bright for SH3

Wait until you see the interior

Best regards Hans

Old 02-16-11, 04:29 AM   #237
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
@Hans

Firstly get well soon mate, looking forward to the piccies

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Hi matey,

Thank for caring, today is a lot better than yesterday i think i caught some damn virus

But i still work even when sick

The interior is coming soon and boy i am so proud of the result you will ask yourself if it is truly SH3 or another sub simulator.

I will use the same technic you will see in typIIA for all others boot interior prepare for a shock and i hope you are not claustrophobic

Best regards Hans

Old 02-16-11, 07:56 AM   #238
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
I will use the same technic you will see in typIIA for all others boot interior prepare for a shock and i hope you are not claustrophobic
Speaking of interiours, do you plan on rendering both the bow and stern torpedo rooms for VII?

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 11:50 AM   #239
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hello to all,

@ Hans :the link for the infos is ...empty !! check it again .

@Hitman : so, the 'news' are that the attack scope had also the same (or almost the same ) 'black cuts' on upper and bottom side like the obs scope . is that all Hitman or i am still 'missing' something ?
also , do you have a link or infos about the EXACT specifications of UIIA's scopes ? ( and compare them with the infos that Hans has)

@Reaper : as you are using my scopes's settings at sh5 ,i would like to inform you that the vertical scale (degrees scale) is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT and don't change anything there . now, if you want to create a 'mils' scale just put your '10' (or ..'100' ) exactly on 5,71 degrees (on degrees's hardcore vertical scale).
basically , you can create whatever vertical scale you want ( only the formula for finding range is changing or the setup at rings) but i am saying to you to put your '10'(or ..'100' ) on 5,71 degrees becuase most of the people at forum are allready used on using the formula r=(mast/mark) x 100 to get range

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 02-16-11 at 12:19 PM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 12:48 PM   #240
Bruce_Will_Es
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi Hans,

I found a really interesting picture in one of your posts: Portrait with following sea. The water, stern wave & foam seems to be an extraction from SH5? Did or can you make a little mod with *.tga-files for installing in LSH3 V5.1 / GWX?

Would be very nice of you.

Best wishes,
Bruce