SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-09, 08:47 PM   #226
Laufen zum Ziel
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 853
Uploads: 457

Woke up in a sweat -

OMG had a nightmare about being chased by something who looked like this

I almost pulled the chain before I realised it was a nightmare, or was it.
Old 02-09-09, 09:02 PM   #227
SandyCaesar
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

"Ahoy U-13!"

SandyCaesar, shouting from his trawler:

"Mind if I tie up next to your boat? Should anything happen, your watchstanders can see anyone or anything coming down the quay."

Vanvikan, Feb. 2009: ordinary human, KIA, night 4

HMS Thanatus, May 2009: ??? human, KIA, night 7
Old 02-09-09, 09:21 PM   #228
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

Wachoffizier Pinguin jumps up from where he had been dozing on conning tower, and looks out across the water at SandyCeasar's craft.

"Ah... I'll have to get permission from the Käpitanleutnant... But I don't think it would hurt to come alongside in the meantime..." He adds.

Pinguin stoops down and shouts through the hatch, "Herr Kaleun! Ach, does anybody know where the captain is?"
Old 02-09-09, 09:26 PM   #229
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Aaaahhhh He is probably in his bunk. Wouldnt wake him. (I say up the hatch.) Whats up?

oah SC wants to pull aside us. Well, I guess it would bo ok, just make him stay away acouple yards.
Old 02-09-09, 09:31 PM   #230
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Of course this will require the Kapitains permission yells FIREWALL from control room.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
Old 02-09-09, 09:32 PM   #231
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Unnatural seletion

Feb. 9, 1945 13:05

The whole base buzzed nervously with the news of the latest mauling. Raptor was buried with full, if somewhat hurried, military honors in the ancient cemetery northeast of the village. The U-bootmenn were deeply shaken, they had loved and admired the old Chief. In the makeshift infirmary, the Kamp men streamed past Letum’s screened off bed with the caps in hand and a few with a tear in their eye. None were allowed to visit with the comatose soldier. Oberst Chad had a guard stationed at his bed.

Mayor Contact and Oberst Chad conferred and called all the men and the villagers to the old well for an announcement.

“Men of the Wehrmacht, men of the Kriegsmarine, people of Vanvikan, I am declaring a state of emergency,” began Oberst Chad. “Two men have been savagely attacked and murdered, and one is lying in a bed from which he may never wake up to tell us what he saw. Therefore, we shall not wait for the next attack. Under my authority, we will determine who among you is likely to be causing these crimes and he, or she, will be summarily shot at sunset. Come forward and present your evidence, your testimony, your alibi…and then cast a lot for the person you believe to be the guilty party. I am a firm believer in people’s instincts. We shall find the murderer.

If you are accused, you will be allowed to make a plea before the mob, er,…I mean, people.”

Now, let’s get this dirty business over so we can continue on with our work and lives.”

It is time to decide who must stand before the firing squad. Choose sides, draw lots, and point the accusing finger of fate.

So, now you should post: I vote to lynch [NAME]. (And explain why.)

And if you could be so kind, BOLD the name of the person you are voting to lynch.

Be careful who you trust!

Good hunting!
Neal
Old 02-09-09, 09:32 PM   #232
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

"Very well, then..." Pinguin turns back from the hatch and yells for SandyCeasar to come alongside. "Ah, if you don't mind, I think several yards would be a safe distance 'til the captain says for sure."

Last edited by Weiss Pinguin; 02-09-09 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-09-09, 09:39 PM   #233
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Resigned to his possible fate, Gemeiner Super Market slowly climbs the ladder up to the watch tower.

Maybe if I log a few extra hours.... Herr Oberst will let me the night off... yeah..

There was nothing in the tower but a small searchlight and a rifle. Across the camp, he could see the damage done on the Eastern tower. He tried not to imagine the blood on the wire, which no one had the heart to clean up yet.

How would I get out?

The forest, normally terrifying to the young private, seemed unnaturally welcoming this day.

The trees! I.. I would jump of the side... grab ahold of... that branch! And then.. then..

Who am I kidding?

Night hadn't come yet, so there was no point in panicking until then. He picked up his binoculars, and stared off into the distance. The Inn was still lit, though not nearly as rowdy as the day before. That fisherman he let in the town was yelling at U-13, floating quite a distance from the dock.

Idiot sailors. Even the regular wolves can swim.

The rest of the town was darkened, though most would welcome an allied raid, if only to relieve themselves of the monster. In these houses, they wouldn't do any mangling, there'd be nothing left of whatever fortunate soul was hit.

The silence was insufferable. Even the villagers with their strange Norwegian dialect was preferable. Even Task Force's snoring was better. He slowly clambered onto the ladder, and ran to the inn.

It was quieter than usual. Everyone was tense. Suddenly the private realized, a lynching!

They all started arguing, but he stood in the corner and tried to take the situation in. How could they stoop to this level? He could hear a heated argument started by the colonel himself, a fight between civil and military, for he was accusing the mayor himself! Even the barmaid was loudly arguing, blaming a drunken sailor for the whole thing. The Sergeant Major was brooding thoughtfully at a table, as was Task Force and Laufen zum Ziel. Where was that fisherman? And the watch officer? The rest of those smelly sailors were even accusing each other, such was the level of madness the town had descended into. What had happened to the camaraderie that had made the place almost bearable? Surely, the crew, with their years of experience bunking right next to each other would notice if one started to sprout hair and go on a bloody rampage? The colonel is here too! He is expecting me to say something! Where is that bar owner? He is being accused!

His eyes stare wildly across the room, breaking into a cold sweat.

Dammit! They're almost finished, and there'll be vote soon. I've no clue yet!

Suddenly, he blurted out.

Letum! A few though him to be drunk, but a momentary epiphany was going on the private's mind.

How did he survive that attack, cut, but still intact? You all saw Gordon (Or whatever) and Raptor! Ripped to shreds, yet Letum lives!

I will update this post based on other's accusations and such. Stay plugged to get the REAL information on AVSM TV!

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!

Last edited by A Very Super Market; 02-10-09 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-09-09, 09:48 PM   #234
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

"I cant think now, will be in tomorows lynching."
"good night fellas, Sadly, one of us wont be drinking at the bar tomorow.
Goes and lays in his bunk.

Last edited by Task Force; 02-09-09 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-09-09, 10:34 PM   #235
SandyCaesar
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiß Pinguin
"Very well, then..." Pinguin turns back from the hatch and yells for SandyCeasar to come alongside. "Ah, if you don't mind, I think several yards would be a safe distance 'til the captain says for sure."
"Thank you very much. Pulling alongside; won't try to board you boat. I promise."

Vanvikan, Feb. 2009: ordinary human, KIA, night 4

HMS Thanatus, May 2009: ??? human, KIA, night 7
Old 02-09-09, 10:42 PM   #236
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

"Hehe... Is there anything you need? I don't think the captain would mind me passing some food over, and if you're going to be here anyways..." Pinguin suddenly looks out towards the village, noticing the faint noises coming over the water. "I wonder what the commotion is about?"
Old 02-09-09, 10:47 PM   #237
Chad
ACE

Downloads: 60

Mayor Contact,

Mayor Contact, these past few hours you have been very shifty. First, disappearing all day un-allowing myself to get ahold of you, finding out that when you acquired the job of Mayor that the election was rigged, and then asking Jimbuna for his weapons to form your own line of defense, I'm going have to vote you, for lynching.

These are all valid reasons, and as anyone can see, you have been acting strangely as of late, especially since the saboteur attacks. I have a firm belief, that you are trying to set us up, and take over the compound.

As I understand, you are agitated at the mere presence of us being here. We are at war, and you must accept that we have defeated your country's weak defenses. Any attack on our people, civilian or not, is taken seriously and we will come after those responsible.

If my fellow countrymen agree with me, and you are killed, I will take control of the villiage, and arming every capable person with what we can, we can, we WILL protect ourselves, something it seems you're not capable of right now.

Please stand down and present your case, if any, on why I shouldn't have Stabiz or Oberon put a bullet in your head right where you stand

--------------------------------------------
I vote to lynch Mayor Contact
Old 02-09-09, 11:47 PM   #238
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Man, y'all are the most non-vindicitve lynch mob I ever saw

So far the lynch vote is
A Very Super Market --
Aramike --
Chad -- Contact
Contact --
Fincuan --
Firewall --
Gorduz --
Hitman --
JCWolf --
Jimbuna --
Laufen zum Ziel --
lesrae --
Letum -- COMA
mookiemookie --
NealT --
Nisgeis --
Nokia --
Oberon -- NealT
Penelope_Grey -- FIREWALL
SandyCaesar --
stabiz --
Task Force --
UnderseaLcpl --
Weiß Pinguin --
XabbaRus --

I will check back at 8:00AM forum time tomorrow morning. If we don't have at least 10 votes, no one gets lynched (lucky werewolves) and it will be NIGHT!

Neal
Old 02-09-09, 11:56 PM   #239
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

And Onkel Neal would know all about lynch mobs eh?

I guess I can try to stir up the hornet's nest. Changing my post now, and bolding the name

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
Old 02-10-09, 12:03 AM   #240
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59

Contact

I just know...
Closed Thread