SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-26-07, 05:25 PM   #226
Subtype Zero
Lieutenant

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

More than happy to be of assistance!

Subtype Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 08:12 PM   #227
moafranco
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Thank you very much!

Thank you very much, Racerboy!

Congrats!
moafranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-07, 04:01 PM   #228
nightshade
Watch

Downloads: 43

There seems to be too many bodies floating around when, for example I sunk a coastal merchant, there seemed to be a hundred bodies floating around when a standard crew would be about 15-20 men. is there any way to tone down the amount of bodies?
nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-07, 07:26 PM   #229
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshade
There seems to be too many bodies floating around when, for example I sunk a coastal merchant, there seemed to be a hundred bodies floating around when a standard crew would be about 15-20 men. is there any way to tone down the amount of bodies?
yes. In my upcoming version 2.03 I have tuned it down to just a few. I should be releasing this version 2.03 in about 5-7 days, maybe earlier.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-07, 07:48 PM   #230
nightshade
Watch

Thanks
nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 07:37 AM   #231
Cohaagen
Frogman

I'm getting lots of CTDs when I score a critical hit on a ship . It happens fairly consistently, with either deck gun or torps. I'm getting the feeling it's something to do with the flares or the twitching bodies, neither of which I was enamoured with in the first place. Created a test mission and ran with mod enabled and disabled, wasn't able to reproduce CTDs without it. I just had a CTD at the end of an extremely successful convoy hit, which is really frustrating. I think I can sort it out if I can just disable of these two features, preserving the rest. This mod makes it much easier to track convoys at the limit of the horizon with 16k atmosphere enabled.
Cohaagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 09:19 AM   #232
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohaagen
I'm getting lots of CTDs when I score a critical hit on a ship . It happens fairly consistently, with either deck gun or torps. I'm getting the feeling it's something to do with the flares or the twitching bodies, neither of which I was enamoured with in the first place. Created a test mission and ran with mod enabled and disabled, wasn't able to reproduce CTDs without it. I just had a CTD at the end of an extremely successful convoy hit, which is really frustrating. I think I can sort it out if I can just disable of these two features, preserving the rest. This mod makes it much easier to track convoys at the limit of the horizon with 16k atmosphere enabled.
I seriously doubt my mod is giving you the CTD's. More than likely it's caused by the addition of other ships that aren't setup correctly. Do you have a mod installed that added more ships? What mods do you have installed with mine?
Old 11-28-07, 01:01 PM   #233
Cohaagen
Frogman

No extra ships. As for mods - GWX 1.03, Late War Sensors, 16k Atmosphere, IO, No Medals. In the test mission I used an Auxiliary Cruiser and Large Merchant carrying ammunition. It seems to occur when I score a hit on a critical compartment. Also happened once when I got rammed by a destroyer. I'm running a 3ghz P4 with 1.5gb RAM and a Nvidia 6200 256mb. I've got the latest version of your mod. Oddly, it didn't happen with the first couple of releases, so I've gone back to that and it's been trouble free.
Cohaagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 01:20 PM   #234
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohaagen
No extra ships. As for mods - GWX 1.03, Late War Sensors, 16k Atmosphere, IO, No Medals. In the test mission I used an Auxiliary Cruiser and Large Merchant carrying ammunition. It seems to occur when I score a hit on a critical compartment. Also happened once when I got rammed by a destroyer. I'm running a 3ghz P4 with 1.5gb RAM and a Nvidia 6200 256mb. I've got the latest version of your mod. Oddly, it didn't happen with the first couple of releases, so I've gone back to that and it's been trouble free.
It sounds like the spin-off of the ghost ship bug!

There were ships that crashed the game whenever they got a critical or when the broke apart.

I just can't remember what i read about that!:hmm: Or in what context!
I also doubt that it crashes bacause of the Effects mod.:hmm:

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 04:33 PM   #235
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

Racerboy:
some time ago, I asked the following:
I use the "Exhaust mod" and I would like to use the "SH4 effects and More" mod, but I see that both mods have a .val file. Now, i was told that I had to tweak the file, but I have no idea at all what I have to tweak. Is it possible to have both mods enabled and working at the same time so that niether overrides the other? :hmm:
Thanks a lot for your help!!
CapZap
Old 12-03-07, 12:56 PM   #236
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap1970
Racerboy:
some time ago, I asked the following:
I use the "Exhaust mod" and I would like to use the "SH4 effects and More" mod, but I see that both mods have a .val file. Now, i was told that I had to tweak the file, but I have no idea at all what I have to tweak. Is it possible to have both mods enabled and working at the same time so that niether overrides the other? :hmm:
Thanks a lot for your help!!
CapZap
I'm not quite following you here CapZap. You shouldn't have to tweak anything unless you want to get rid of the bleeding body in the effects mod.
You can have both mods enabled with no problems what-so-ever. Are you getting some kind of warning message from JSGME doing this?
Old 12-03-07, 01:56 PM   #237
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Something new about 2.23??
Kind regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 04:49 PM   #238
kenijaru
Weps

Downloads: 0

nevermind....

WOOHOOOOOO DLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kenijaru; 12-03-07 at 05:18 PM.
kenijaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 05:12 PM   #239
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

the next version will be 2.03. It will greatly reduce the number of bodies 'thrown' because I've found some unrealistic 'encounters' with some explosions and body counts. The bleeder body will still be there and will be able to be turned off via tweakfile. The live AI ships idea will be implemented in this version also so you can add PA announcements and horns or whistles to each ship (10 customizable PA announcements, 10 customizable horns or whistles). There are some other items but will disclose those when it's release time (which will be here soon)
I'm working on getting the liferaft working also in this version.
Old 12-03-07, 05:32 PM   #240
tommyk
Watch Officer

Downloads: 5

Ah, great news again!