Old 03-21-17, 06:20 AM   #2356
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
, i just wonder how long he will last.
Until jan. 20, 2021 or jan. 20, 2025 if re-elected.

Democrats do not really want to push him out, since that would mean President Mike Pence would be running for re-election in 2020.
Old 03-21-17, 06:37 AM   #2357
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Until jan. 20, 2021 or jan. 20, 2025 if re-elected.

Democrats do not really want to push him out, since that would mean President Mike Pence would be running for re-election in 2020.
It appears there may be more and more Republicans warming up to the idea of a President Pence...

<O>
Old 03-21-17, 08:34 AM   #2358
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

There also appears to be aliens circling the White House, for real they're there you just can't see them. I feel like real Americans have a right to know. The media should report! ask the question birds or aliens? Get the people to wonder and argue and boil along party lines like lemmings. This in turn rallies the politicians to investigate and spend heaps of tax payer money for no reason other than a chance for some good ol'fashioned political grandstanding, err I mean investigation. Now the media has more to report on watch their ratings soar!

btw way anyone listen to the inquiry? I did, what a farce, what a waste of my time and energy tuning in a needless expenditure of my taxes. Makes me wanna holler!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-21-17 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-21-17, 08:41 AM   #2359
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
It appears there may be more and more Republicans warming up to the idea of a President Pence...

<O>
well Pence is a real conservative. Trump is a moderate who pretends to be a conservative.

Whether Trump stays or Democrats put President Pence in office, it is a win-win for conservatives.
Old 03-21-17, 08:48 AM   #2360
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

so I have trouble following the reporting in the NY Times...

First, they report that the Obama admin is wiretapping the Trump campaign..

Then when Trump tweets about their reporting, they disavow their own articles and say there is no evidence of wiretapping...

Now, they unveil their source and double down on the claim of wiretapping:

Quote:
What to Ask About Russian Hacking
By LOUISE MENSCH
MARCH 17, 2017

(...)

When I was a member of Parliament in Britain, I took part in a select committee investigating allegations of phone hacking by the News Corporation. Today, as a New York-based journalist (who, in fact, now works at News Corp.), I have followed the Russian hacking story closely. In November, I broke the story that a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court had issued a warrant that enabled the F.B.I. to examine communications between “U.S. persons” in the Trump campaign relating to Russia-linked banks.

(...)

On Nov. 7, I reported that sources had told me of the existence of a FISA warrant targeting two Russia-linked banks. That warrant gave permission for the communications of American citizens that were incidentally collected as part of that investigation to be examined.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/o...king.html?_r=0

I wish the "mainstream" media would make up their mind...
Old 03-21-17, 08:54 AM   #2361
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
well Pence is a real conservative. Trump is a moderate who pretends to be a conservative.

Whether Trump stays or Democrats put President Pence in office, it is a win-win for conservatives.
Trump is a clown and an albatross around the neck of the GOP. I rather suspect the GOP, feeling the possibility of losing big in the mid-terms, will be the ones to cut their losses and find a way to dump Trump; it would be a win-win for them: they get rid of what they didn't want or need in the first place and they can present themselves as being the ones who corrected the particular liability that is Trump rather than prolonging their agony for partisan reasons. Remember, the majority of the US voters did not vote for Trump (and, by extension, the GOP) in 2016 and, so far, the mood of the voting public has not moved in Trumps favor (and, by extension, neither towards the GOP) and the mid-term elections will have no 'winner-take-all' ploys to manipulate; its just a straight up or down vote, no gimmicks. If they should for some insane reason decide to cling to Trump for too long, well, we all saw how well that tack worked out for the GOP with Nixon...

<O>
Old 03-21-17, 09:25 AM   #2362
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
so I have trouble following the reporting in the NY Times...

First, they report that the Obama admin is wiretapping the Trump campaign..

Then when Trump tweets about their reporting, they disavow their own articles and say there is no evidence of wiretapping...

Now, they unveil their source and double down on the claim of wiretapping:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/o...king.html?_r=0

I wish the "mainstream" media would make up their mind...
There remains a couple of big problems with those claims: (1) There has been no documented proof, or sworn testimony, from either the Justice Dept. (FBI) nor the NSA that any such warrants were ever sought or, more importantly, issued under FISA; (2) The whole matter of their existence or non-existence could be very, very simply cleared up by Trump making a phone call or issuing an order declassifying the data and compelling Justice and the NSA to make public any materials related to the ISA allegations. But he hasn't: Why not? You would think he would jump at the chance to rub the noses of those who oppose him in the proof he was right. But he hasn't: Why Not? He could extend his base and solidify his base constituency just by ordering the declassification and release of his proof. But he hasn't: Why not?...

So what do we have? No verifiable, evidentiary or sworn proof of any of Trump's or his supporter's claims and the inexplicable refusal of Trump to even lift a finger to solve the whole problem, once and for all and to his advantage and the advantage of his party. Curious indeed...

The source of the claim that GCHQ was involved in espionage against Trump during the election on behalf of the Obama administration has been revealed and, like so much of the source material of Trump and his advocates, it has been found very highly suspect and very seriously wanting:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7636996.html

<O>
Old 03-21-17, 09:47 AM   #2363
Drakomis
Narwhaling the highways..

Downloads: 51

When it comes to politics, this election has taught me one thing: Liberals are the scorn of the earth. It's been stated time and again through-out US history, and only now do I understand what those great leaders spoke about.
Old 03-21-17, 10:26 AM   #2364
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Trump is a clown and an albatross around the neck of the GOP. I rather suspect the GOP, feeling the possibility of losing big in the mid-terms, will be the ones to cut their losses and find a way to dump Trump; it would be a win-win for them: they get rid of what they didn't want or need in the first place and they can present themselves as being the ones who corrected the particular liability that is Trump rather than prolonging their agony for partisan reasons. Remember, the majority of the US voters did not vote for Trump (and, by extension, the GOP) in 2016 and, so far, the mood of the voting public has not moved in Trumps favor (and, by extension, neither towards the GOP) and the mid-term elections will have no 'winner-take-all' ploys to manipulate; its just a straight up or down vote, no gimmicks. If they should for some insane reason decide to cling to Trump for too long, well, we all saw how well that tack worked out for the GOP with Nixon...

<O>
You are making the same mistake as all democratic pols, namely underestimating Trump. Liberals are talking to themselves and convincing themselves that Trump does not know what he is doing, but all they are doing is garanteeing his re-election in 2020.

Trump is actually a very good politician, he beat all of his opponent, including the Clintons.

You misunderstand the mood of the GOP. What you saw yesterday at the hearings is all GOP congressmen and Senators tying themselves 100% to Trump since in many cases, he helped get them elected.

According to all the polls, GOP support for Trump is still 90% plus. No GOP pol is going to bail on him since they are worried about a primary challenger next year, that will only come from a more conservative challenger.

IF there is a massacre in november 2018 and Dems regain the Senate and/or the House, that may change, but that is still far away.

Trump will get a free ride from the GOP until fall 2018.

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 03-21-17 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-21-17, 10:31 AM   #2365
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
There remains a couple of big problems with those claims: (1) There has been no documented proof, or sworn testimony, from either the Justice Dept. (FBI) nor the NSA that any such warrants were ever sought or, more importantly, issued under FISA; (2) The whole matter of their existence or non-existence could be very, very simply cleared up by Trump making a phone call or issuing an order declassifying the data and compelling Justice and the NSA to make public any materials related to the ISA allegations. But he hasn't: Why not? You would think he would jump at the chance to rub the noses of those who oppose him in the proof he was right. But he hasn't: Why Not? He could extend his base and solidify his base constituency just by ordering the declassification and release of his proof. But he hasn't: Why not?...

So what do we have? No verifiable, evidentiary or sworn proof of any of Trump's or his supporter's claims and the inexplicable refusal of Trump to even lift a finger to solve the whole problem, once and for all and to his advantage and the advantage of his party. Curious indeed...

The source of the claim that GCHQ was involved in espionage against Trump during the election on behalf of the Obama administration has been revealed and, like so much of the source material of Trump and his advocates, it has been found very highly suspect and very seriously wanting:
You misunderstand that the purpose of the claim was never to prove it is true, but merely to create a counter point to throw at Democrats when they keep harping on the Trump-Russia fable.

You listen to CNN or MSNBC and liberals are going crazy discussing that one tweet. On FOX, it is barely even mentioned.

The GOP base does not care what liberals think.
Old 03-21-17, 10:33 AM   #2366
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Trump is actually a very good politician.
Yeah. Right.
I guess now we heard it all.

Old 03-21-17, 11:00 AM   #2367
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Yeah. Right.
I guess now we heard it all.
I was going to say Brilliant, but I will wait a few more weeks for that.

Meanwhile, the only poll that really counts at this point...

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...ublican-voters
Old 03-21-17, 02:37 PM   #2368
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
How did the intelligence community know that the Russians hacked the Democratic National Committee? CrowdStrike told them so.
http://russialist.org/how-did-the-in...ittee-hearing/
Old 03-21-17, 03:49 PM   #2369
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:

Trump is actually a very good politician
That's a lousy thing to say about anyone.
Old 03-21-17, 05:25 PM   #2370
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Well Trump's all over the news here once more.
Fake news promulgated by a big government that doesn't want to share power with the states or be weakened(reduced). No one ever expected anyone in the federal government to be friendly to Trump, but this level of resistance might be too much. If Trump held a rally and called on his supporters to act in some manner it might really get interesting.

Nobody that voted Trump is going to bail on him since it became evident that the other side would have actually elected Bernie Sanders were it not for their own corruption.

Last edited by em2nought; 03-21-17 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Sanders
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter