SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-31-11, 02:54 PM   #2341
kurfürst
Chief

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0

Hans,

good to hear from you!

Take as much time as you need to fully recover and don´t get back on the deck too early!

Beste Grüsse, Kurfürst
Old 10-31-11, 03:03 PM   #2342
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi shipmates,

There some real improvement in my wrist but it is still too fragile to resume serious work, after holding the mouse for more than an hour the pain come back instantly.
As someone who has had tendinitis in the wrists from moving my fingers repetitivly (tying knots) - I sympathise with you for the pain.
Old 10-31-11, 07:24 PM   #2343
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Hi shipmates,

There some real improvement in my wrist but it is still too fragile to resume serious work, after holding the mouse for more than an hour the pain come back instantly.

I saw on a website that a severe tendinitis cause by repetitive movement like using a mouse can take up to 8 weeks to fully heal but the worst part mention that often causing the same repetitive task that cause it to come back more often!

So now it is my second week without using it and this morning i read on 3d forum where i go from time to time that some artists use a software that turn a gamepad into a keyboard&mouse solution.

I just download the software and will do some test with it my only concern is the cursor precision and i doubt it could be as precise as a mouse can be.

Best regards Hans
Sorry to hear there is no relief yet regarding your wrist Hans. Sure hope it gets better soon.
As for the gamepad as long as it has an analogue thumbstick like the PS3 controller it should have pretty good precision as long as you lower the rate of movement to slow the slew rate.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 07:32 PM   #2344
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Glad it's on the mend, but you're quite right about not pushing it too hard too soon. I know it's very frustrating having to wait for something like this to heal, but it is the lesser of two evils. Better to take the time to heal properly now, (and make all the corrective changes you can - wrist supports etc.), so as to lower the chance of it ever returning - in which case you'd lose even more time.

Good to hear from you Hans, take care and hope to see you back in action just as soon as you're ready!

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 02:17 PM   #2345
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Default Important message

Hi shipmates,

I just want to clarify important point regarding the new team members please don't feel obfuscated if i go straight to the point because me,Reaper and Makman are busting our ass out to give the community the best possible experience with our mod and some newly team member are not even answering back Reaper email.

First if you see that your time schedule doesn't give you enough time to help us then please send a clear message to reaper so he could disable your team account.

We need passionate team members to get involved in that great project and your first quality should be : dedicated, history lover, perfection freak.

We all understand that some don't have the necessary time to get involved in such a demanding project but if it is the case then don't PM us to join before you do serious thinking about joining.

We are not forcing anyone to go faster and to have precise delivery date for asset to be done but we expect that you will at least inform us approximately when you think it will be done.

Another point is that now after reviewing some major point regarding our workflow push me to raise the qualifications for required modder to join in here it is :

Professional or advanced 3d artists only simply because i don't want to be doing the nanny all the way down and specially i don't want to have to redo models not fit for real time game engine and animation.

Same goes for texture artists, i know this mean we won't have a lot of offer in the future but at least we will know where we are heading.

So please don't feel bad about quitting because we will still consider you as friends and don't join in if you are not sure of the implications.

Positions needed :

Advanced 3d artists in modeling or texture.
Advanced sound engineer for fx and familiar with the main audio app.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-11, 02:39 PM   #2346
reaper7
sim2reality

As Hans stated above I need all current Members that wish to stay within the Team to get in contact with myself. Currently we have 15 Members and only 5 are currently active regards communication.
Some accounts haven't even been accessed since I created them, so to that end I have no choice but to start deleting Accounts - if anything just to make logistics easier and save on wasted time for everyone.

Sorry for bringing this up here in the Thread, but if we hare to have any chance hitting our release Target we need a lot of modelling (Not the most glamours job ) done to the ship models but to do that we need Team Members to take up the axe.

As Hans has said above if anybody doen't think they have the time to put in (Again 24/7 is not expected either ) email me or Pm me here and we can sort something out.

Thanks Guys.
Old 11-06-11, 01:22 PM   #2347
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hello guys ,

i am working on U-BOOT-HAHD's recognition manual and i decided to use the Doublefox's silluetes for ships (Doublefox have made a fantastic,imo,work and you can see an example of how it will look in game at the posted pic.of course ,these silluetes will be included at final release only if Doublefox give permissions).
the problem is that i don't have the warships's silluetes that Doublefox did . does anyone have these silluetes ,please ? i am not sure if Doublefox made silluetes for warships but i think that he made them too (somewhere i saw a pic posted by him ...showing the warship silluetes).Also, i am wondering if anyone ever made 'angled' pics for these ships (you know at 0,20,45 degrees).
thank you for any help you can give.
REC MANUAL:

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 02:03 PM   #2348
reaper7
sim2reality

Hi Mate this may be what your looking for Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final :
Made using a similar method to Doublefox's.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...4&postcount=12

Colour version but you could convert to B/W If Permission allowed.
If not Maybe I could do something similar and Include top and 45 deg views ?
Old 11-06-11, 02:59 PM   #2349
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi Mate this may be what your looking for Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final :
Made using a similar method to Doublefox's.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...4&postcount=12

Colour version but you could convert to B/W If Permission allowed.
If not Maybe I could do something similar and Include top and 45 deg views ?
yes , i know about this John but 'problem' is that i can't 'extract' the clear images for ships from these .sils .
about the 'angled' views ...we will talk about this as it seems that original german manuals didn't have angled views so maybe we can add at the bottom of each ship ....some historical infos for each one of them. what do you think ?

Old 11-06-11, 03:33 PM   #2350
reaper7
sim2reality

Well I have the Weyers 1943/44 Recognition Manual. And only has side and top views plus some photos of ships. Plus lots of Info - But I'don't know what most of it is as I've no German .

So we could do similar with Side profile on one page and top profile on Botom Page.

Or another option is since we are redoing 3D Models, and these will differ partly from stock Models (And hence stock Rec manual pics) is to create new Recognition Manual Pages from these Models
Old 11-06-11, 04:23 PM   #2351
reaper7
sim2reality

Here is a Mockup using the Weyers Manual of Side View

And a Black Solid pic using 3D Model of my Converted Fishing Trawler

Last edited by reaper7; 11-06-11 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-06-11, 04:54 PM   #2352
IFRT-WHUFC
Engineer

Downloads: 374

Well I was working on a new recognition manual until my hard drive failed and lost all the work.

I was taking screen shots in the museum croping the pic and converting them to black and white adding some noise to make them look a little like old photos!

I may start over again if anyones interested?

Rick
IFRT-WHUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 12:04 AM   #2353
JayDee
Watch

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Well I have the Weyers 1943/44 Recognition Manual. And only has side and top views plus some photos of ships. Plus lots of Info - But I'don't know what most of it is as I've no German .
If you need help with translations, I think there are a lot of German-speaking persons here, myself included.
JayDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-11, 04:53 PM   #2354
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFRT-WHUFC View Post
Well I was working on a new recognition manual until my hard drive failed and lost all the work.

I was taking screen shots in the museum croping the pic and converting them to black and white adding some noise to make them look a little like old photos!

I may start over again if anyones interested?

Rick
sure we are interested IFRT ! do you want me to send you the base .sil of u-boot-hahd rec manual and create ONE sample to see it how it will look ? we are looking for clear and as much more detailed black-white ship's images

Quote:
Here is a Mockup using the Weyers Manual of Side View

And a Black Solid pic using 3D Model of my Converted Fishing Trawler
very nice John !! so ,if we decided to have angled views is no problem at all , right ???
also...i don't think that having the top views is nice idea ! i mean are totally useless and it is much better to save this space for ships's infos or for the angled views !

Old 11-07-11, 05:12 PM   #2355
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
very nice John !! so ,if we decided to have angled views is no problem at all , right ???
also...i don't think that having the top views is nice idea ! i mean are totally useless and it is much better to save this space for ships's infos or for the angled views !
Sure not needed per say, As we can't see the deck from the scope .
Will see what IFRT comes up with and if needed I can try doing a the Views from 3D like in Black version above but in a penciled look that you posted (In the style of Doublefox)