SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-13, 11:24 AM   #2326
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

thx gap sometimes somebody must kick my a** to be more carefull
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 01:17 PM   #2327
SU-33UB
Mate

Downloads: 309

is it needit to patch shsound.act ,simdate.dll and sh_Nclient.dll ??

greets SU-33UB
SU-33UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 01:37 PM   #2328
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-33UB View Post
and what about the missing torpedo layout ?
I can't understand what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-33UB View Post
is it needit to patch shsound.act ,simdate.dll and sh_Nclient.dll ??
If you need those patches then yes..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 01:55 PM   #2329
SU-33UB
Mate

Downloads: 309

hoi volodya61
about the missing torpedo layout its fixed now and sorry it was not layout bud
loadout my mistake
i have reinstall sh5 up to 1.2 and instal the latest NET framework update
so its work fine for now

thnx for the quick respons

greets SU-33UB
SU-33UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 03:14 AM   #2330
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The patch is going to work as follows:
if it doesn't find the zone then it says that zone exists

This is needed for those units that may be added to the game and the person making the unit doesn't know about these new zones
Found a possible source of problems:

the antennae zone definition is already in use on the "cabin" subset of the North Carolina battleship. Maybe it got special properties that we don't want to feature on every sigle ship in game?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 06:17 AM   #2331
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

the antennae zone definition is already in use on the "cabin" subset of the North Carolina battleship. Maybe it got special properties that we don't want to feature on every sigle ship in game?
Just found another case of "suspect" zone usage with the Roayal Oak (Royal Sovereign):

cabin => Antennae
mast => LRRadio
Old 07-11-13, 06:56 AM   #2332
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:

Quote:
Just found another case of "suspect" zone usage with the Roayal Oak (Royal Sovereign):

cabin => Antennae
mast => LRRadio
Don't understand

I finished rewriting the code yesterday so that it can accept two additional parameters: check human playable and do not check for radio. Now just have to code the checking for radio function.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-13, 07:34 AM   #2333
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Don't understand

I finished rewriting the code yesterday so that it can accept two additional parameters: check human playable and do not check for radio. Now just have to code the checking for radio function.
What don't you understand?

I am currently adding new damage boxes to each ship in game, using the CommunicationsRoom and, optionally (when I find anything vaguely resembling an aerial), the Antennae zone definitions. Maximum one of each type per ship, as we had planned. Yet, today I have discovered that the Antennae zone is already in use on the radar turrets of at least two ships (i.e. the North Carolina and the Royal Sovereign class battleships), whereas so far we had thought that it was just a leftover.

Now my doubts:

- Since the game is already employing the Antennae zone definition, which is a special one by the way (Category=Radio), can't assigning it to a wider range of ships than initially planned by devs, have any sort of side effect? I mean: can't we suspect that the zone got some special properties attached to it that might be indesiderable in some cases?

- The said zone is currently set to destructible=Yes, which makes sense given its use by stock game, on radar turrets. Nonetheless, I was planning to change it to undestructible for a simple reason: radio antennas that I assigned the zone definition to, are often part of wider structures (masts, or even ship's hull) which we don't want to disappear from game when the Antennae zone is destroyed (= HP zeroed).

So: should I change the antenna damage box to another zone type? What do you suggest?

EDIT: found two more boxes using the "Antennae" zone: Graf Spee's after mast + radar turret and Hood's fore castle top section.

Last edited by gap; 07-11-13 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-11-13, 08:02 PM   #2334
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

however you want to handle it. Probably adding new zone is best.

The code I'm making reads the zones and damage levels for each zone from the patch file so it doesn't matter to me.

Revised the Carriers/Airbases spawning aircraft code so that it now checks to see if unit is human playable (thus eliminating bug of player's overzealous radioman calling out for assistance without being ordered to when player detects a contact) and when the bit is set denoting adjust logic steps value it's value is adjusted to some value between a min and max value defined in the patch file (currently 1 and 4).

A stub check for radio function has been added (currently returns 1 to caller) that ultimately will contain the code for checking to see if unit has a radio and if the radio is operational. This code will be used in the Carriers/Airbases spawning units patch (to see if unit radioed for air assistance or not) and for an upcoming patch that will make harbor raiding much more difficult
Old 07-11-13, 08:53 PM   #2335
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Oh yeah More difficult harbor raids .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-13, 01:37 AM   #2336
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
however you want to handle it. Probably adding new zone is best.
Yes, I will do so

I have a few doubts about zone damage that you or someone else might have an answer to:

- if a damage box is entirely included within a bigger box, is a shell penetrating the big box able to damage the small one as well?

- if the answer to the previous question is yes, is all the damage suffered by the bix box propagating "by default" to the second box, or rather the small box needs to be in the trajectory of the projectile (and within its min/max radius) in order to suffer damage?

- if the big box has an high AP value, and the shell doesn't penetrate it, will it have a shielding effect on the smaller box?
Old 07-12-13, 03:32 AM   #2337
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes, I will do so
What about the following new zone definitions?

Code:
[RadioRoom]
Multiplier=1.000000
Flotability=0.000000
HitPoints=30
Destructible=No
Armor Level=-1
Critic Flotation=0.300000
Critical=No
Effect1=#sink_bubbles, 1
Effect2=BAZA_FX_FocFum_mic, 50
Effect3=BAZA_FX_Explozie_mica, 100
Effect4=BAZA_FX_Splinter_fire, 100
Effect5=BAZA_FX_scantei_explozie,100
FloodingTime=59.999996
CargoType=None

[RadioTransmitAntenna]
Multiplier=1.000000
Flotability=0.000000
HitPoints=8
Destructible=No
Armor Level=-1
Critical=No
FloodingTime=59.999996
CargoType=None

[RadioReceiverAntenna]
Multiplier=1.000000
Flotability=0.000000
HitPoints=8
Destructible=No
Armor Level=-1
Critical=No
FloodingTime=59.999996
CargoType=None
RadioReceiverAntenna won't be used atm, but I have added it anyway just in case of further developments of the patch
Old 07-13-13, 08:15 PM   #2338
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I have a few doubts about zone damage that you or someone else might have an answer to:

- if a damage box is entirely included within a bigger box, is a shell penetrating the big box able to damage the small one as well?

- if the answer to the previous question is yes, is all the damage suffered by the bix box propagating "by default" to the second box, or rather the small box needs to be in the trajectory of the projectile (and within its min/max radius) in order to suffer damage?

- if the big box has an high AP value, and the shell doesn't penetrate it, will it have a shielding effect on the smaller box?
1) yes
2) small box has to be in min/max radius
3) yes - small box will incur no damage (if patch enabled for reducing AP value then the box will suffer AP damage)
Old 07-13-13, 08:16 PM   #2339
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.0.128.0 released. See post #1

Starting with v1.0.128.0 Revised the Carriers/Airbases spawning airplanes patch: fixed bug of player's radioman asking for air assistance when never told so, fixed bug of carriers/airbases using incorrect % chance of spawning units when they have no contacts and/or no units have contact passed to them, revised the code so that I can use whether unit has a radio or not (for determining if unit radioed for assistance and whether units/airbases received that message). Currently this determine if has radio function returns 1 (unit has radio and is operational). I have to code it in yet. When unit asks for air assistance the logic steps value is now set to a random value between 1 and 4 (defined in patch file).
Old 07-13-13, 08:29 PM   #2340
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
v1.0.128.0 released. See post #1
Thank you sir

EDIT: As I can see, there aren't new 'Change' folders in the Carriers patch.. am I correct?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote