Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-13-16, 05:17 PM   #2311
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Oh no Jim look what Daesh got a hold of in Palmyra!! Way to go Russia and Syria!! How stupid can you get!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...tem/ar-AAlwfcD
I doubt they have the trained personnel to operate it Eddie but either way, a cruise missile should make short work of it or many an ARM or Sead 'standoff' I should imagine.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 05:23 PM   #2312
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

I sure hope so Jim. The Russians better get crackin and take that stuff out. Not sure coalition aircraft can get in that part of Syria.

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 05:26 PM   #2313
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
I sure hope so Jim. The Russians better get crackin and take that stuff out. Not sure coalition aircraft can get in that part of Syria.
If that's the case then it will only be Syrian and Russian air crews at risk....sounds reasonable to me

Old 12-13-16, 06:52 PM   #2314
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

You're both wrong, though I think Andy's extremist view even more so in that he spouts off that the nazi political organization is only a right wing political organization.

Quote:
Today our left-wing politicians in particular are constantly insisting that their craven-hearted and obsequious foreign policy necessarily results from the disarmament of Germany, whereas the truth is that this is the policy of traitors... But the politicians of the Right deserve exactly the same reproach. It was through their miserable cowardice that those ruffians of Jews who came into power in 1918 were able to rob the nation of its arms.

Adolf Hitler. Mein Kampf
(My Jihad) lol couldn't resist

In my opinion Hitler it seems played both left and right political ideology to further his goals. He was I think just a middle of the road fascist. Oh, amd one more thing thanks to the likes of Stalin, Pol Pot and others evil monsters in our history we know for a fact authoritarian nationalists do not define only right wing political organizations.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-13-16 at 08:07 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 07:04 PM   #2315
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
If that's the case then it will only be Syrian and Russian air crews at risk....sounds reasonable to me

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 08:01 PM   #2316
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You're both wrong, though I think Andy's extremist view even more so in that he spouts off the the nazi political organization is only a right wing political organization.

In my opinion Hitlers it seems played both left and right political ideology to further his goals. He was I think just a middle of the road fascist. Oh, amd one more thing thanks to the likes of Stalin, Pol Pot and others evil monsters in our history we know for a fact authoritarian nationalists do not define only right wing political organizations.
My 'extremist' view is shared by just about every academic historian who has ever written on the subject.
Old 12-13-16, 08:11 PM   #2317
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
My 'extremist' view is shared by just about every academic historian who has ever written on the subject.
woop-dee-doo.

Old 12-13-16, 08:45 PM   #2318
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Urk. A Pantsir is a pretty capable device, someone screwed up there...it won't be the easiest thing to kill if the operator knows what they're doing and doesn't leave the radar on all day.

Speaking of cock-ups, I wonder how much info on the M1A2 has made it to Iran and Russia from the hulls that Saudi Arabia keeps abandoning in Yemen.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 10:41 PM   #2319
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

meh, they're over 30 years old Iran and especially Russia have bigger problems if they dont know what makes the Abrams tick by now.

But are they really abandoning them in Yemen? I read Houthi fighters were blowing them up inside Saudi borders.

Old 12-13-16, 11:31 PM   #2320
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I'm not certain of the precise locale, but the Saudi ground forces have been taking quite a kicking across the board. But, they haven't fought a war in the nations history. Normally throwing money at the problem is enough, this is the first time that they've actually gone in, and they've done it against an opponent which got training through antagonising Israel and locking horns against Iraq.
True on the age of the A2, although until the A3 comes out it's still the US's frontline tank, although I'd hope that the US version has some tricks that the Saudi Arabian version doesn't.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-16, 12:26 AM   #2321
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I'll bet tank losses are more about the quality of the soldiers operating them than any failure of the equipment. Good training and motivation are important keys to success on the battlefield and i'm betting that the average Saudi private gets little of either.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-16, 08:15 AM   #2322
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I'll bet tank losses are more about the quality of the soldiers operating them than any failure of the equipment. Good training and motivation are important keys to success on the battlefield and i'm betting that the average Saudi private gets little of either.
Yeah, highly probable but still not a certainty.

Old 12-14-16, 11:08 AM   #2323
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Syria conflict: Fierce fighting halts Aleppo evacuation.

A deal to evacuate rebel fighters and civilians from eastern Aleppo has stalled, with heavy shelling reported in the Syrian city.
A ceasefire was declared in Aleppo on Tuesday and buses brought in to ferry people out of the devastated enclave.
But fighting resumed on Wednesday. Syrian activists also say air strikes over rebel-held territory have resumed.
The breakdown of the deal, brokered by Russia and Turkey, is being attributed to demands from the government side.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38314291

Well, no big surprises here....let the genocide/carnage resume

Old 12-14-16, 11:28 AM   #2324
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

It does tell a lot about BBC that they keep referring to Syrian Observatory for Human Rights as a 'group'. We are talking about one man running his site from his home in Coventry. Man, who keeps referring to his "reliable sources" which are then taken at face value by everybody without further confirmation.

This is stuff that would make Goebbels cry of joy.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-16, 02:55 PM   #2325
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
It does tell a lot about BBC that they keep referring to Syrian Observatory for Human Rights as a 'group'. We are talking about one man running his site from his home in Coventry. Man, who keeps referring to his "reliable sources" which are then taken at face value by everybody without further confirmation.

This is stuff that would make Goebbels cry of joy.
Don't get me started. Over here it's all anti Assad and anti Russia on one side and glorious democratic freedom fighters on the other. The bias is sickening. And no I don't like Assad or Putin but at least these two clowns have a chance to end that war and create a somewhat stable state afterwards. Non of those silly rebel groups can achieve that anymore and their victory would mean endless struggle for power and more bloodshed. But no, we said in the beginning of the war that we want the "democratic freedom fighters" to win...can't change that now even though it doesn't make any sense anymore right....

Tags
terrorism