Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-02-20, 03:53 PM   #2266
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
While Russian Federation is still a fairly young state we did release those powers to the regional authorities to respond as they see fit, to fit their reaction to the problem that they have, with federal support and backing ofcourse.

Sounds familiar. Sometimes we all have to give a little to make it work.

BTW, thanks for the ventilators.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 04:03 PM   #2267
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

How is it possible in these so-called enlightened years, with the public information at hand everywhere, that braggers and posers and bullsh!tters in chief can be able to rule nations all over the planet, publicly displaying their contempt and brazenness, showing how dumb, miserable and irresponsible they are.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 04:13 PM   #2268
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
How is it possible in these so-called enlightened years, with the public information at hand everywhere, that braggers and posers and bullsh!tters in chief can be able to rule nations all over the planet, publicly displaying their contempt and brazenness, showing how dumb, miserable and irresponsible they are.
That's the whole struggle between reality vs desire.

It's so much tempting to believe in what we wish, in what suits us rather than reality based on rational observation and reasoning.
Méo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 04:24 PM   #2269
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

In absence of threats to mere life and existence, man has too much time to breed strange ideas, and developing this habit named complecancy.

Uns ging's zu lange zu gut.
Old 04-02-20, 04:30 PM   #2270
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

And because of relatively good times this scum of the earth again rises its bloody head?
I would say that man also supported dictators and idiots when the general conditions were not so nice, in the past. Especially then. It seems to be a human thing.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 05:12 PM   #2271
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Trump is going to try to deflect and blame anyone else, but his own words have shown us what a complete idiot he is.

Problem is, there are enough of his brainwashed followers who will never get it.

Blithering idiot yes, an all powerful know-it-all OZ? Thankfully no. But I see a problem when so much focus and attention is given to one man. Granted the following is just the tip of the iceberg when I say the federal government is concerned with economy, mint, national defense, formulating foreign and domestic policies. States are not allowed to do these things, however they are under the 10th amendment allowed to do everything else, education, HEALTH, CRISIS MANAGEMENT, family and contract laws, construction regulations, zoning, voting.

Government starts at the we the people level and the State. Not meaning to come across contentious, but do you know what your governor is doing to flatten the curve in your state? Do you feel its enough or do you think someone needs to light a fire under his butt to get things going? Some may think I'm defending Trump, and I will admit they are in part be right. But that's only because of my perception and belief that we the people are barking up the wrong tree when we expect a U.S. President to cure it all. The way things keep going I'm afraid the people who have through the years been taught to expect such things will one dreadful day get their wish.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-02-20 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-02-20, 05:22 PM   #2272
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Corona and EU.

The last week or so, I have now and then heard and read article in which Italy and Spain is angry on EU. Mostly because of the EU's bureaucracy.
Here in Denmark there are companies who can easily change from producing snaps to medical alcohol...EU's bureaucracy is preventing them from doing this. The same goes in Sweden and other European countries-EU is working against their elected politicians.

Nevertheless, EU have said they will help Italy and Spain.

Then some minutes ago a friend posted this picture on his wall and yes it's EU in a nutshell

Markus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corona and EU.jpg (67.2 KB, 13 views)
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 05:23 PM   #2273
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
And because of relatively good times this scum of the earth again rises its bloody head?
I would say that man also supported dictators and idiots when the general conditions were not so nice, in the past. Especially then. It seems to be a human thing.
He who has to fight for his bread, has no time to read crazy manifestos. He follows who speaks his language, and delivers a punch in his words in short time, since time is precious. To be overly concerned, always, is luxury: locked in existential struggles, man cannot afford that.
Old 04-02-20, 06:02 PM   #2274
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Coronavirus: Confirmed global cases pass one million

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-52144390
Well there it is.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 06:10 PM   #2275
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

A bit of good news in the pandemic for a WW2 Army vet:

Oregon Man, 104, May Be World's Oldest Survivor Of Coronavirus --

https://www.opb.org/news/article/ore...r-coronavirus/

<O>
Old 04-02-20, 06:15 PM   #2276
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Corona and EU.
Nevertheless, EU have said they will help Italy and Spain.

Then some minutes ago a friend posted this picture on his wall and yes it's EU in a nutshell
Management of the crisis in Europe first and foremost takes place on the national level. Why is that?

The EU is simply not fast enough. It is lacking the authorization needed to meet the requirements in terms of financial, economic and administrative measures. If we can't agree on how to distribute migrants, reduce emissions of green house gases, reduce the gap between the fat cats and the working poor, how can we expect the EU to give a decent answer to a virus running rampant?

The truth is: The EU is falling apart. Did you notice Victor Orban (I'd like to see him hanged, drawn, and quartered) had his "Ermächtigungsgesetz" (look it up) rubber-stamped this week?

Anyway: I am happy Germany accepts patients from Italy and France. At least there is a spark of solidarity.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 06:28 PM   #2277
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/disa...ry?id=69933625

"Researchers from Johns Hopkins University said the outbreak could have started as far back as November, and that there may have been hundreds of cases in Wuhan by early December. On Jan. 14, a different team of researchers from the University of Toronto warned that the outbreak could quickly jump from Wuhan to other major cities because of international travel.

President Donald Trump restricted travel from China effective Feb. 2, which likely saved lives. But by the time the president acted, much of the damage had already been unleashed, and some 18,000 Americans returned home from China in February and March, after the restrictions were in place. It's unclear how intensive, if at all, the screening was for the Americans coming home at that point.

"The United States banned travel to China 12 days after the world heard there was an outbreak of severe pneumonia in Wuhan. ... The problem was, it was too late," said Dr. Todd Ellerin, chief of Infectious Disease at South Shore Health and an ABC News Consultant. "Even though there had only been 12 confirmed cases in the U.S. on the day President Trump announces the travel ban, the reality was there were many more unconfirmed cases."

Probably already well over 19 million more

Old 04-02-20, 09:09 PM   #2278
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Aggie surgeon weighs in

Just the flu, bro.

I like this guy; just straight talk and straight facts. The public needs to hear from more of the experts who have real knowledge and not political hype...

Good doctor... even if he is an Aggie...

It should be pointed out that Trump has a history of pushing false medical claims; his Trump Channel, a video venture which, like so many, many other of his ventures failed miserably, promoted a vitamin supplement and urine test kit that had no real value medically; Trump promoted the hell out of it and did so quite publicly:

Exactly How Bogus Were Those ‘Trump Vitamins’ --

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...ump-vitamins#1

This article expands on the whole Trump vitamins fraud and gives an interesting insight to just how Trump approaches his projects and just how very often he is detached and unknowledgeable he is about the things he espouses and/or self-claims expertise:

Trump Vitamins Were Fortified With B.S. --

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...tified-with-bs

The problem for the US is Trump, the snake oil salesman, is approaching the pandemic with the same sort of mindset and callous disregard he exhibited in his earlier projects...

...and, lest some one should argue something like 'Well, they're just bringing this up now to demean Trump", please notice both the above articles were originally published in June and May of 2016, well before November 2016 election. I happened to recall them because, as stated before, I really didn't know anything about Trump prior to his getting the GOP nomination and, at the time, I did a lot of research on Trump's history; just a case of ding the work and doing the math...

Quote:
Trump is going to try to deflect and blame anyone else, but his own words have shown us what a complete idiot he is.

Problem is, there are enough of his brainwashed followers who will never get it.

Fortunately, the hard core of Trump's support makes up only about 32-35% of the voting public; I think as time, and the pandemic goes on, the 'softer' margin pf Trump's support might just well have had enough and join the majority of US voters and "Dump the Chump Trump" come November. Ads similar to the video above have been run in some states already; some of them by GOP groups who have had enough of the Chump-In-Chief...

As I've said before, I have very high confidence Trump will self-torpedo his own reelection and his long record of personal failures serve as a reference on that belief...

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
As long as there are enough of them to get him reelected and stave off the evil Democrats is all that really counts.

Well, let's see...

Trump, the very stable genius, just recently tore into Governor Gretchen Whitmer for the 'crime' of speaking the truth about Trump. His rant didn't just stop at trying to smear Gov. Whitmer, he also stated live, on camera, that he had directed Pence and his team to basically ignore any calls for aid from states who did not show Trump the degree of extreme public obeisance Trump felt he deserved...

So, Trump, in one fell swoop, publicly demeaned a sitting Governor and publicly exposed his need for -- dare I say it? -- a "quid pro quo" as a condition of extending aid to US citizens, in the middle of a pandemic, at a time of great need...

Aside from being an prime example of how not to be a respected leader, there is a glaring problem for Trump in his actions and words regarding Whitmer and the state she governs: Whitmer is the Governor of Michigan, a "swing state" critical to a candidate seeking election or reelection to the Presidency; Michigan is also a state Trump won in 2016 by a margin of only 11,000 votes out of a total vote cast in Michigan of over 4.57 million votes, not a resounding victory by any measure; Whitmer won her election in 2018 by over 406,650 votes, trouncing the GOP candidate by 9.5% of the vote (53.35% to 43 85%) meaning, unlike Trump, she earned her office with a majority vote...

I'm kinda thinking Michigan ain't gonna be in Trump's column come November...

When the DEMs take it all back in November, the GOP will have no one to blame but Trump...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 04-02-20 at 09:47 PM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 09:28 PM   #2279
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Let's see how much of what I said earlier is coming true. Still waiting on Pence getting fired and tweeting Covid-19 to death.

Close the barn doors late. Check.
Blame anybody else. Check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
...Nothing will be his fault because everybody around him was giving him bad advice. He will personally close the barn doors but fail to see the cows are long gone...

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 09:54 PM   #2280
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Fauci says that all states should have stay-at-home orders

“the tension between federally mandated versus states rights to do what they want is something I don't want to get into,” but noted the virus will be difficult to contain if some states don’t comply by White House guidelines...

"Whether there should be a federally mandated directive for that or not, I guess that’s more of a political question, but just scientifically, doesn’t everybody have to be on the same page with this stuff?” CNN’s Anderson Cooper asked the physician during an interview on live television Thursday evening.

"I don't understand why that's not happening,” Fauci responded. “If you look at what's going on in this country, I just don't understand why we're not doing that. We really should be."
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...at-home-orders

Since it appears states are ignoring federal recommendations and refuse to accept the responsibility to safeguard their own citizens and just seem to keep going their own way. Why not just abolish states rights and the constitution and get a dictator in office right now. It seems that's what people really want anyway. This way at least they would have a legitimate excuse to keep complaining.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-02-20 at 10:04 PM.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan