Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-30-16, 12:39 PM   #2236
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Are you talking about Pokemon or your marriage?
Yes.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 03:29 AM   #2237
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Russia has talking points too? What if this is just a way to confuse POTUS elect Donald Trump ... who will tweet Putin, "Do you know why we call our fighter jets Hornets"?

Quote:
MOSCOW, Nov. 30 (UPI) -- Russia is considering using Iran's Hamadan airbase to launch airstrikes on insurgents in Syria if its aircraft carrier, the Admiral Kuznetsov, leaves Syria's coastline on the Mediterranean for a new mission, Russian and Iranian officials said.
"The necessity to use the airfield of the airbase in Hamadan could emerge if Admiral Kuznetsov carries out another operation and [Russia] will not be able to use it for airstrikes against terrorists in Syria
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 06:39 AM   #2238
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The necessity to use the airfield of the airbase in Hamadan could emerge if Admiral Kuznetsov carries out another operation and [Russia] will not be able to use it for airstrikes against terrorists in Syria
For 'carries out another operation' read 'has to go back to Murmansk for repairs'.
Old 12-01-16, 07:11 AM   #2239
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
For 'carries out another operation' read 'has to go back to Murmansk for repairs'.
Precisely

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 10:49 AM   #2240
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Whether under its own power or its towed from what I been reading in the news is if it goes anywhere Id bet it will go to the Crimea.
Old 12-01-16, 10:53 AM   #2241
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Whether under its own power or its towed from what I been reading in the news is if it goes anywhere Id bet it will go to the Crimea.
Well, it was built around there. But yes...Ukraine planning to conduct missile tests in Crimean airspace...not the smartest move... Still, I guess they want to get this war going whilst they still have a sympathetic ear in Washington.
Old 12-01-16, 11:03 AM   #2242
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Sell it to India and at least get something for it, but another war is brewing in the region that this carrier may be headed for to be a flag ship warning sign: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-Ne...4800/?sn=tn_us

Russia threatens retaliation if Ukraine holds missile tests

Quote:
Russia considers the placement and testing of anti-aircraft missiles on the Crimean peninsula a violation of Russian airspace and territory because of claims it put on the land two years ago.
or achievement

Old 12-01-16, 11:20 AM   #2243
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
"We have will have to respond militarily," said Konstanin Kosachev, Foreign Policy Committee chair in the Russian Parliament's upper house. "Of course this would be the least desirable scenario, and all of us must work to prevent it... But eight years ago the leader of another country that was in conflict with Russia -- I'm referring to Georgia -- decided to test our military. And we all know how that ended. I hope Ukrainian officials remember the lesson from that experience."
Not saying I agree but the Russian position is abundantly clear.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 11:50 AM   #2244
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Not saying I agree but the Russian position is abundantly clear.
It's almost like you can see the chess move in advance.
or achievement

Old 12-01-16, 11:55 AM   #2245
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Since this is the 'all purpose terrorism thread' and since terrorists do not have have rights to conduct operations against sovereign nations. I think we have clearly deviated from the topic of terrorism to issues of sovereign nations. May I suggest we form a new topic to continue this conversation, call it 'The all purpose jus ad bellum' (right to war).
Old 12-01-16, 12:00 PM   #2246
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Wait until Fillon in france maybe becomes elected president. He is extrenely russophile and doe snot hide his smypathy for the diea of forming a strong alliance beteen the EU states, and Moscow. While Germany's SPD also is quite russophile, like the established poltical left always has been, Merkel has become more and more criticla and sistanced to Putin - something that Putin does not forgive her.

This could lead to a widening split in the EU, between France and the eU on the other side, and Germany and the eAtern European state son the other side. additonal to the trenchlines and widening rifts over the Euro crisis, spending discipline, and so forth.

If Merkel wins the fourth chancellory next year - and that is likely currently - she will not be the perceived strongest European leader anymore, the last defender of the West now that Trumpo club of millinaires and billionaires prepares to take over in Washington and does not hide its desinterest for Europe. In fact it has become extremely lonely around Merkel, both within her party thatr she has deeply wounded with her self-sustaining personnel decisions of the past ten years (she has eroded the CDU systematically of any potent or/and competent personnel to eliminate all threats by rivals to her chancellory), and with her mass migraiton policy. The latter is the reason why Merkel also isolated in Europe. Its Twilight of the Merkel, so to speak.

Additional, there is Turkey. Britain KJohnso9n provoked the eU recently with reocmmendign to let Turkey in. Germany and France are dibided over how to deal with reunificaiton oy Cyprus. The problem there is that if Cyprus and Turkey reunite, the strong Turkish side on Cyprus liekly becomes Erdoghan'S placeholde rin brussel - and can veto in his names EU deicisons and infleunce EU policy forming. That is a scenario that has written "disaster" all over it. Many in Brussel imo have not even realised this dramatic implication so far.

To add even more fuel into the fire, the EU commission heold negotaitons with turkey that are kept hidden fromt he oublic over nevertheless allowing Visa excemption for Turks wanting to move into the EU.

Did I say Merkeldämmerung? Ther eis a very important Italian referendum which could give the Euro crisis a massive boost for collapsing. EU-dämmerung maybe is the better term to use here. Collapse of the EU imo has become a very realistic possibility.

And it could now happen much quicker than ever before was thought.

With regard to the Euro, things look even more dramatic. If the Italians say No to Renzi this weekend, I do not dare anymore to calculate any possible future scenarios for the Euro beyond the immediate couple of months. Longer termed strategies for investing alreadey now imo have reached almost a 50:50 parity with being proven wrong, which means again that you have maximum uncertainty here, thus investing turns into gambling. Stay away, or get in: throw a coin to decide. Thanks to cheap money, the Fed, the ECB.

Everything can happen now. That means we have a state of maximum uncertainty. This instability is very unlikely to end within the next years, I fear it will even increase. And it still is not understood by many of the decision makers, as illustrated by their willingness to increase the burdens and problems of the EU and Europe and the Euro, for ideological reasons.

Now at the end of this year, I feel much more worried than I already was at the beginning of this year. And where it was just an intellectual worrying in past years, I must admit that the threats have become so many by now that I start to feel an emotional fallout from that. I think I am not alone with this. The popular mood is turning in Europe, it becomes darker and darker. Decisively. And that is not because of the EU's problems, as these reality-disconnected fools try to tell us - its just a natural, reasonable reaction to right these arrogant retards' political decisions.

Putin's calculation work well until here. Europe and America suffer growing mutual alienation, and the EU paralyses and erodes itself, destroys itself from within, rots from within. The spirit of discord gets fed and boosted right from within the EU's key personnel, by always overestimating itself, overestimating the means and potnetials and possibilities of the EU, and underestimating the people'S growing disagreement with this megalomania.

And all this together opens the way for a Russian dominant role in Europe.
Old 12-01-16, 12:06 PM   #2247
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Well, I guess Europe was never going to control itself in the end. So it's either Washington or Moscow that we'll bow down to.
Old 12-01-16, 12:09 PM   #2248
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Since this is the 'all purpose terrorism thread' and since terrorists do not have have rights to conduct operations against sovereign nations. I think we have clearly deviated from the topic of terrorism to issues of sovereign nations. May I suggest we form a new topic to continue this conversation, call it 'The all purpose jus ad bellum'.
In times where supporting terrorism (and fighting over the legitimation of claiming something terrorism or not) has become part of nations' political agendas, the difference between terrorism and poltics becomes hazy, and so does this thread. It just reflects realites. Putin and the likes like him, do not care for these differentiations. Thats why they are successful with doing what - and how - they are doing. In case of many countries like Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, it makes no sense to differentiate between nation's policies, terrorism, and even religion. They combine all that, even turn it into one.

So the way the thread is going, does not look that misled at all to me.
Old 12-01-16, 12:11 PM   #2249
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Well, I guess Europe was never going to control itself in the end. So it's either Washington or Moscow that we'll bow down to.
Or Islam as third player.
Old 12-01-16, 12:43 PM   #2250
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Or Islam as third player.
Probably, who knows. Russia and Washington might just bomb it out of existence and us along with it.

Tags
terrorism