SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-13, 02:33 PM   #211
Xaron
Ensign

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

HA! I know that! Auto correction can become a pain and/or very funny!

Any news when your website goes online? I guess it will be http://www.atlanticwarfare.com ?
Old 11-18-13, 03:35 PM   #212
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

No news yet like I said earlier progress has slowed because some teammates got sick. That and there is alot on our plates but the website is a high priority. No idea what the URL will be though
Old 11-20-13, 10:51 AM   #213
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymeal2 View Post
You guys have definitely come to the right place to start a fan base for this game. Nice to see you out and interacting with a community... unlike a certain game developer...

Hi Happy,

Thank for supporting ATWAR and our goal is exactly to form a community around the project so you guy's will be able to suggest the kind of game mechanics you would like to see in via our coming website forum.

Of course submitting ideas is what drive a community but people also need to understand that ideas doesn't always transfer easily in code, so many time great ideas are not implement because of the amount of work and time required to code it.

Also many folks tend to believe we can add anything like ocean current, wind etc but even the fastest machine at the moment cannot handle those complex system in real time even buoyancy is fake in all game that i know.

Still we can make new thing and take advantage of the GPU rendering capability to push the level of realism higher.

Regards the Atlantic warfare team

Old 11-20-13, 10:59 AM   #214
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre View Post
Sure its a very positive Project. We, ALL the community need to push it up to see its birth and even more, give the chance to grow with expansions+ add ons till lets say the end of the Cold War into the 90s ?
Hi Toni,

Like Paul already answer we will probably not go in the cold war era simply because we truly believe that any developer out there should focus on thing they like to do and avoid working on a concept they are not passionate about.

Also the cold war would not be very action pack just because of the nature of that conflict and the only way i would see this concept to work is to make it unrealistic a little bit like a command and conquer game where you can nuke city and use strategic gameplay.

For the moment we will concentrate on the Atlantic theater and when this theater is done successfully we will see via our website forum what could be the next step in our progression.

Old 11-20-13, 11:02 AM   #215
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaron View Post
HA! I know that! Auto correction can become a pain and/or very funny!

Any news when your website goes online? I guess it will be http://www.atlanticwarfare.com ?
Hi Martin,

Yes the address is correct.

Old 11-28-13, 12:03 PM   #216
BaronVonChahyll
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

What kind of help are you looking for with this game?

Also to help get the site up and running I suggest getting a free Weebly site. you can set it up at no charge to the url you own already. I use it for my company site.

Good luck!
Old 12-02-13, 10:23 PM   #217
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonChahyll View Post
What kind of help are you looking for with this game?

Also to help get the site up and running I suggest getting a free Weebly site. you can set it up at no charge to the url you own already. I use it for my company site.

Good luck!
Hi Baron,

What we will need later on is mainly another programer and 2 to 3 more 3D artists, but this will be required only if we have enough support on the funding phase.

Thank for the suggestion for the website but we already took a hosting package with unlimited bandwidth.

Regards the Atlantic Warfare team

Old 12-20-13, 08:19 AM   #218
Gotmilk
Planesman

Downloads: 35

how is progress going?
Old 12-20-13, 12:20 PM   #219
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
how is progress going?
Hi milk,

From now on every related news will be in the new Atlantic warfare dedicated thread since answering both place is not very efficient.

Progress is going well but we are 1 month behind schedule and the reason is that we are working on many front at the same time to make sure everything is triple AAA quality.

Thing will really start to move on next month since we will have a lot of new content to show.

Starting such an ambitious project demand a lot of time but once the main frame will be lay down then previews will start showing up in a regular basis.

Closed Thread