SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-06, 08:24 PM   #211
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

This mod is a must have for those that dont have it yet. I just DL it and installed. Beautiful.

You OakGroove

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-06, 10:59 PM   #212
Viduka
Gunner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Just installed this mod and must agree, it looks fantastic. Love the detail of the glass on the 2 scopes looking a bit dirty, adds to the realism.

GJ Oakgroove

A nice little screeny of the crew through the observation scope, while leaving port.

Viduka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-06, 01:56 AM   #213
Viduka
Gunner

I seem to be having a problem with the speed dial fix. I've extracted it to the MODS folder but my dials are still showing the old 1.66 increments... :hmm: Is the file still current? Clutching at straws here, am at a loss as to why it's not working.
Old 01-28-06, 02:41 AM   #214
Crop-Duster
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viduka
I seem to be having a problem with the speed dial fix. I've extracted it to the MODS folder but my dials are still showing the old 1.66 increments... :hmm: Is the file still current? Clutching at straws here, am at a loss as to why it's not working.
Make sure you over wrote the old .tga file

check your c:\SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\Gui\TDC folder to see if the extraction put it in a seperate folder within the above TDC folder

if it did cut and paste the file to the above directory.

Ironically the Shorts Sunderland is code letter U of No. 461 Squadron,
and the submarine is U-461.
Crop-Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-06, 03:56 AM   #215
Viduka
Gunner

Thanks for the reply. It seems that the MENU folder was the one that needed to be overwritten and I hadn't extracted the folders containing the fix deep enough into the original directory.

Ended up using explorer to make sure I overwrote the correct folder and all seems to be working fine now.
Old 02-13-06, 03:34 AM   #216
Viduka
Gunner

Just a query regarding the instrumentation, i'm not sure if this has been noticed/noted already, but within the TDC, when you first load up your game (new or saved) the dial for selecting the target bearing (the first dial bottom left in the TDC) starts off with the main needle exactly in the center, but after you've moved it, it's near impossible (if not impossible) to get it exactly lined up in the center (zero degrees, straight ahead) again if you are using manual targeting.

Having said that i'm not sure how much of an effect it has on manual targeting, it might be so minimal that it shouldn't really be a concern, but i'm curious nonetheless if there is a fix for this.

You can tell it's off center if you look at the small inner dial that's inside the main target bearing dial - at first it will have the 00 exactly in the middle, showing that it's lined up dead center but after the needle in the main dial has been moved once, the 00 will always be showing as either lined up slightly to the left or right of the center when you try to realign it to the middle again.

Apologies if the cause of this is my resolution or some other unforseen personal issue with how my PC is set up. Hope it doesn't sound like a whinge - I love this mod and think it's one of the best going around.

Cheers.
RC.
Old 02-13-06, 06:26 AM   #217
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9

Quote:
...... you've moved it, it's near impossible (if not impossible) to get it exactly lined up in the center (zero degrees, straight ahead) again if you are using manual targeting.

Having said that i'm not sure how much of an effect it has on manual targeting, it might be so minimal that it shouldn't really be a concern, but i'm curious nonetheless if there is a fix for this.

You can tell it's off center if you look at the small inner dial that's inside the main target bearing dial - at first it will have the 00 exactly in the middle, showing that it's lined up dead center but after the needle in the main dial has been moved once, the 00 will always be showing as either lined up slightly to the left or right of the center when you try to realign it to the middle again.

Apologies if the cause of this is my resolution or some other unforseen personal issue with how my PC is set up. Hope it doesn't sound like a whinge - I love this mod and think it's one of the best going around.

Cheers.
RC.
Yes ...noticed before, it is a "from the box" game bug.

If you try to adjust a 180 bearing the error is bigger even.

Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-06, 06:46 AM   #218
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28

Does anyone know if there is a fix for the stock readout of the command room's air compressor gauge yet? The new gauges in this mod are awesome....I just wish ubi would fix this readout

Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-06, 07:34 AM   #219
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9

I think so it is posible to fix, this problem is present at many places, in example there is difrerence in internal clocks, and salt water speedometers into some sub models.

I think so the way to fix it is the same way used by 400m Depth Gauge Mod.

You must to identify the instrument, it is the hard and dificoult part, and then edit its needle arc travel, same as 400M Depth Gauge Mod had done.

Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-06, 12:15 AM   #220
Viduka
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwine
Quote:
...... you've moved it, it's near impossible (if not impossible) to get it exactly lined up in the center (zero degrees, straight ahead) again if you are using manual targeting.

Cheers.
RC.
Yes ...noticed before, it is a "from the box" game bug.

If you try to adjust a 180 bearing the error is bigger even.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I was playing last night and had no problems lining up the 180 degree mark at all and i've never noticed the problem I mentioned until I installed the bordinstrumente mod.
Old 02-18-06, 01:21 PM   #221
Drewie
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 38

is it normal that i cant see the detailed instruments with the resolution fix? It works perfect with the 1024*768 standard setup, but on 1280*1024 I get blurry interior textures
Drewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-06, 11:40 PM   #222
JCWolf
Admiral

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakGroove
The radio room detail addon is shaping up nicely, there will be a release later this evening with instructions on how to implement it using the DatTexExtract tool.

preview:

New wood

Radio room overview; Telefunken T3 PLLä 38 the most noticable improvement.

New CRT screen; closeup of T3 PLLä 38, the Radione has been retextured as well as labels in general.

GHG retextured

Man been looking for that upgrade on the radio like in this oick, and can't find it guys, can anyone tell me where it is....

JCWolf Mediafire SHIII Page

User name : JCWolf
Password : stefre@jcm
JCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 12:28 AM   #223
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 116

I spent a good deal of time looking for it too. It appears to me that it is maybe a little detail he forgot to add to the publicly available mod.

Sorry mate.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 12:53 AM   #224
Captain America
Planesman

Downloads: 163

Guys, its listed as a download in his first post under updates named Radio and Sonar Room detail upgrade.

-CA
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 01:54 AM   #225
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 116

ummm right... what I was referring to is the colored bands at the base of the radio frequency wheel.

I checked all of the downloads and the radio room upgrade.

It seems that it isn't present.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote