SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-11, 12:23 AM   #211
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
Do you mean you've animated torpedo loading inside the boat?
Hi mate,

Yep i just give a simple slide in animation for the torpedo but i have to made some test with statemachines controller to have an event that trigger it, logically the trigger should be when reload occur

There will be a couple of surprised in the inside of the boot

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 01:22 AM   #212
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

Hi Hans,

Will you have a torpedo room in the VIIC? Are you able to incorporate Flakmonkey's interior work, or do you have to re-do those sections he modeled? This is all very exciting stuff, mate!
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 04:12 AM   #213
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
Hi Hans,

Will you have a torpedo room in the VIIC? Are you able to incorporate Flakmonkey's interior work, or do you have to re-do those sections he modeled? This is all very exciting stuff, mate!
Hi brett25,

Yes there will be a torpedo room in VIIC&IX-B because it is not that hard once you have done one like i did for my typIIA many parts are reusable like the torpedo tube.

And yes if Flakmonkey allowed me to included is great interior mod i will surely put it in my VIIC if not i will have to redo it let's hope Flakmonkey is in a good mood toward me

Some folks here simply refused to answer my request when i politely ask them permission to use their work in my mod only Anvart so far give me full permission to included is magnificent flag&antenna mod.

My typIIA have a complete interior and i even redid the control room and radio room plus all others compartments and it work flawlessly with an average framerate of 31 to 58, the trick is to well optimized the 3d models and not to detail it too much like modeling every screws&nuts in the boat

Best regards Hans

Old 02-11-11, 06:56 AM   #214
sabretwo
Frogman

Downloads: 69

Sounds really nice Hans. Any pics yet of those interiors?

Also, rather than making your mod totally independent of the supermods, have you considered designing your mod to dovetail with the supermods? Basically, activate your's with JSGME after GWX or LSH and then retain the original mods gameplay aspects. This way you can retain the original supermod's campign, ships, various gameplay tweaks, etc without having to re-do all of that. That's an awful lot of work beyond what you're doing already.
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 08:07 AM   #215
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
AFAIK yes, all type II were equipped with the same type of early war monocular periscopes with Zielkurswinkel Rad (Attack scope) and without it (Observation scope). But the interesting feature is that the FOV was not rounded, but instead more like the observation periscope in my optics mod. I found it by looking in detail to the plate on the periscopes, you can see there that it indicates the vertical and horizontal FOV, and they are different, with a wide-view
so Hitman, if i get you right ...you mean that the UIIA's obs scope had also these 'black cuts'(like the obs scope that we have currently at our guis) on upper and bottom side giving a fov of ,for example, 38x28,5 degrees (analogy 4:3),right ? but if you mean this...then i don't understand ...what has this to do with the Kurswinkel 'thingy'
or... you mean that the scopes's hole was something like oval shape...giving different horizontal and vertical dimensions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
hehe, no there's me too . Just have to learn sh3 modding (Sh5's menu editor has me spoilt ).
oh , thats very nice Reaper ! will be very interesting to exchange opinions during the developments of this project...once Hans gives us the ''green'' light !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 09:47 AM   #216
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretwo View Post

Also, rather than making your mod totally independent of the supermods, have you considered designing your mod to dovetail with the supermods? Basically, activate your's with JSGME after GWX or LSH and then retain the original mods gameplay aspects. This way you can retain the original supermod's campign, ships, various gameplay tweaks, etc without having to re-do all of that. That's an awful lot of work beyond what you're doing already.
I second totally....moreover I can't wait anymore
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 10:03 AM   #217
Rickster1
Chief

Downloads: 508

And me , please release so that we can jsgme it. Great work
Rickster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 03:32 PM   #218
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretwo View Post

Hi mate,

Like i already mention in this thread it is technically not possible and i am not going to reverse engineering all my work to retrofit in other supermod instead of wasting my time doing this i am modeling all the stuff people want to see in game.

Wait until it is release and watch carefully how they will try to add part of my mod to other supermod with the endless crash to desktop festival!

Only some parts are possible without problem like crew and some environment and not all .

And a small army is building around me to help integrating the stuff other supermod have, first it will be release with some gameplay mechanic enhancement and as time go by all the rest will be included as update.

So please guys read all the posts before asking the same question over an over again

Best regards Hans

Old 02-11-11, 03:34 PM   #219
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster1 View Post
And me , please release so that we can jsgme it. Great work
Hi mate,

It is already jsgme ready

Best regards Hans

Old 02-11-11, 06:39 PM   #220
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
so Hitman, if i get you right ...you mean that the UIIA's obs scope had also these 'black cuts'(like the obs scope that we have currently at our guis) on upper and bottom side giving a fov of ,for example, 38x28,5 degrees (analogy 4:3),right ? but if you mean this...then i don't understand ...what has this to do with the Kurswinkel 'thingy'
or... you mean that the scopes's hole was something like oval shape...giving different horizontal and vertical dimensions ?

oh , thats very nice Reaper ! will be very interesting to exchange opinions during the developments of this project...once Hans gives us the ''green'' light !
Hi mate,

The green light will come soon enough i am just very busy at the moment testing some new stuff in the new typIIA interior.

As soon i am done with that thing will go a lot faster

Best regards Hans

Old 02-11-11, 06:54 PM   #221
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Excellent, Thanks for info Privateer .

EDIT: Is this the tool your refering too? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131625

I believe that's the thread.
I know I down loaded a version that works for SH3/4
(Not that I ever do Menu stuff, but I try to grab Tools to keep them safe)
If you can't find the down load?
I'll dig it up.
Old 02-12-11, 07:24 PM   #222
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

*craves for spoiler*

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 01:57 AM   #223
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
*craves for spoiler*
God i hate spoiler with a passion

The wait is not going to be very long the biggest part are all done so rejoice mate

After that update will bring this mod to a new height never before seen

At the moment i am putting the finishing touch to the interior and doing the interior was a hell of a job because i change everything and redone all shadows plus heavy modification.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-13-11, 05:42 AM   #224
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
God i hate spoiler with a passion

The wait is not going to be very long the biggest part are all done so rejoice mate

Best regards Hans

Looking forward to it mate.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 11:25 AM   #225
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Wait until it is release and watch carefully how they will try to add part of my mod to other supermod with the endless crash to desktop festival!
It's what people do!

And a small army is building around me to help integrating the stuff other supermod have, first it will be release with some gameplay mechanic enhancement and as time go by all the rest will be included as update.[/quote]
And that has me excited.

Now if there was just something for SH4 u-boats.