Old 03-31-20, 04:13 PM   #2161
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Coronavirus: Aldi, Morrisons, Waitrose and Asda lift some restrictions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52102906

This strikes me a crass move, this is saying go ahead stock pile. I hope not but after what happen I find this troubling as we have long way to go before we see light at the end of the tunnel.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 04:26 PM   #2162
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52102906

This strikes me a crass move, this is saying go ahead stock pile. I hope not but after what happen I find this troubling as we have long way to go before we see light at the end of the tunnel.
We have had hoarding over here, too, but it has toned down significantly. Nobody can stay super-excited all his life long.

Also, the many home kitchen chefs trying to turn a roll of loo paper into a dish by mixing it with overripe fluid camembert, breading it, and frying it in hot oil, may have taught some people a lesson.
Old 03-31-20, 04:32 PM   #2163
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
My boss said that he read somewhere that the Wuhan Center for Disease Control and Prevention sold the animals they had tested at their center to the same market in Wuhan to make a little money on the side

Chinese researchers isolated deadly bat coronaviruses near Wuhan animal market

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...iruses-near-/?
I have heard the market story, and the wepan la b story, and a mix of it, that workers from a weapon lab story sold animals on the market for an additional income of theirs.

I meanwhile have reserved a final opinion and am not that certain anymore. Its possible, but just one amongst several possible scenarios. Certain only is that the virus stems from a genetic strain linked to animals in China, and that the Chiense missavely lies baout the numbers and the situaiton in Wuhan. Videos get smuggled out that show that the govenrment is in ultratough crackdown mode on everybody who is ifnected, whoc riticises the govenrment, or who reports a case number higher than "0". The party has decided that the story is over, and that is the number that therefore ahs to be reported day for day by suborndate offices. Violate this, and you get fired. Or simply dissappear.

The situation in China is NOT under control. NO WAY that their numbers come even close to the real truth. Absolutely no way.
Old 03-31-20, 04:37 PM   #2164
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
The USN stopped reporting the names of the ships the virus has been found on, but I think they are still reporting the numbers of people that have Covid-19.
They reported over here that all armed forces of the US do not report numbers anymore to not encourage potential enemies to launch something stupid when learning how severe - or not - US force strengthd is affected. And it makes sense to hide that, i would think.
Old 03-31-20, 04:39 PM   #2165
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

I mean it is affecting everyone, there are cases in say Russian Armed Forces, even in places like submarines.
Old 03-31-20, 05:12 PM   #2166
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
They reported over here that all armed forces of the US do not report numbers anymore to not encourage potential enemies to launch something stupid when learning how severe - or not - US force strengthd is affected. And it makes sense to hide that, i would think.
Nope! The USN is reporting numbers here's one of the latest and the worse case on a USN ship now in port tied up to a pier in Guam. (Guam is also home to several SSBN's submarines with two crews that rotate every 90 days.

But she has no where to go just like the crusie ships that no one wants in their ports.

USS Theodore Roosevelt commander says entire crew needs to be isolated after 200 positive coronavirus tests

https://www.foxnews.com/world/uss-th...ed-coronavirus

Quote:
In a desperate plea for help, the commanding officer of the deployed aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt says his entire crew of roughly 5,000 sailors needs to be isolated after up to 200 onboard have tested positive for coronavirus.

Three sailors on board the aircraft carrier tested positive last week, the first time the outbreak infected a deployed U.S. warship at sea.
Started off small just three (3) sailors and then 23 and now 200

Quote:
the carrier will be sidelined in Guam for at least the next "couple of weeks."
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 05:13 PM   #2167
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Why not again sending Russian help to America if four years ago it worked so well.

Anyhow, there might be a hook in it:
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/...-stampa-a69756

China does the same, but across Europe the complaints about Chinese masks not fulfilling even mnimum needed quality standards are mounting. Whole and complete delivery volumes have been rejected and sent back.

I think it is most like a useful piece of disinformation considering the PR ****storm happening in the EU as it lessens the gain Russia generates.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian...ft-11585647002

An interesting article on the topic.
Old 03-31-20, 05:27 PM   #2168
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Wonder how long it takes until Fauci gets fired.

So if he doesn't get fired are you going to acknowledge it?
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 05:27 PM   #2169
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

US deaths well past Pearl Harbor and almost equal to the total number of casualties. Just an observation.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 05:35 PM   #2170
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
US deaths well past Pearl Harbor and almost equal to the total number of casualties. Just an observation.

Yes, if we get to 60 percent infected and 2 percent dead this would be on par with a decent war.
Certainly going that way with the economic consequences.
Old 03-31-20, 05:47 PM   #2171
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Started off small just three (3) sailors and then 23 and now 200

Yeah sailors operate these ships in mostly sealed environments in extreme close quarters. They sleep in multi tier bunks, they share lavatories and mess facilities. I'd bet the entire crew was exposed within a day or two of the virus coming aboard.

You know back in the old days ships had to raise the plague flag and remain at sea for two weeks until the last case had either died or recovered. I am not saying that's what they should do here but the TRs crew might give us a good indication as to what the true rate of infection will be, at least among younger relatively healthy Americans. Even the Captain the "Old Man" is probably only in his late 30's early 40's.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 06:00 PM   #2172
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Yeah sailors operate these ships in mostly sealed environments in extreme close quarters. They sleep in multi tier bunks, they share lavatories and mess facilities. I'd bet the entire crew was exposed within a day or two of the virus coming aboard.

You know back in the old days ships had to raise the plague flag and remain at sea for two weeks until the last case had either died or recovered. I am not saying that's what they should do here but the TRs crew might give us a good indication as to what the true rate of infection will be, at least among younger relatively healthy Americans. Even the Captain the "Old Man" is probably only in his late 30's early 40's.

Also air re-circulation. So it is, sadly, normal, I wish USN the best luck with handling this outbreak and the others.
Old 03-31-20, 06:03 PM   #2173
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Our prediction/extrapolation for Russia.

Old 03-31-20, 06:13 PM   #2174
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

If any would be interested..

It's a little bit over my head

This I do understand
Quote:
In addition, these genomic comparisons suggest that the SARS-Cov-2 virus is the result of a recombination between two different viruses, one close to RaTG13 and the other closer to the pangolin virus. In other words, it is a chimera between two pre-existing viruses.
https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...QpRve07c9sPzfw

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 07:08 PM   #2175
Skybird
Soaring

More and more municipalities loose patience with Berlin and announce mandatory use of face masks. Two days ago it was one city. Yesterday morning it were two counties, yesterday evening several municipalities more followed.

If you scan German newspapers, you also find, still not often but increasingly often, one question being asked: why have stocks in protection suites and face masks not been fundamentally increased over the past couple of years when after several animal pandemics and fears of Asian SARS springing to Europe it has always been found that the existing numbers did not suffice already for these smaller threats?

It seems some people become more and more absurd how cyncial it is to now demand people to wear protection, but not to wear really effective protection, hiding that lack behind a constructed argument of condemnin g evil egoism and hailing solidaric altruism to automatically caring more for the other than for the most natural and reasonable own interest of protecting yourself and your own family. The cynism and the mendacity behind this really make me furious. In the end the politicians tell the people: get infected and believe that it is for an higher cause, while in words they say: stay vulnerbale and hope the others behave reasonable and kind. They hide their own failure in the past behind a pseudo-ethical argumentation - that violates most simpliest of reason and human nature and that that they simply abuse. I have stopped counting how many people I have seen in the aost weeks still behaving irrespnible and not caring for social distancing - not even mentioning that the emphasized 2m are 4-5 times less than what would be needed to have a protective social diuatnce for sure, I mentioned that recent study by the MIT, didn't I.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan