SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-21-13, 09:15 AM   #2101
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225
Uploads: 0

Maybe it's my ESL that is acting up, but wtf did I just read for the past 2 pages???

Eh, and that is why a lot of knowledge goes into convoes
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-13, 02:20 PM   #2102
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'm sorry that went on as it did.
Mostly for my part in keeping the whole thing going on and on.
I have asked for a different infraction thing though.
I think I may be placed in to protective custody at a later date.
Old 10-22-13, 04:17 PM   #2103
CaliEs
Loader

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

I am really eager to add some new goodies to the SH5 campaign... provided that Trevally is still interested into them
what could this be?
Old 10-22-13, 05:18 PM   #2104
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliEs View Post
what could this be?
At the moment, this (model by Trevally and me):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3732

...and this (model by JU_88):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=33
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 03:09 AM   #2105
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
... current version v1.1.374.1: removed due to major problem in allocating vertices code ...

Obviously, the theme became lifeless... suddenly.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 01:53 PM   #2106
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post

Obviously, the theme became lifeless... suddenly.
That thing called work gets in the way all the time!

While I've been abroad I've worked a little on the app. v1.1.395.1 is available at post #1.

Here are the current changes/additions for this version:
corrected problem of creating new bones (new bone was being deleted right after it was created!).
corrected problem of new bone not having corrected transform (was not being rendered in correct position at times due to not having correct model-world transform).
corrected problem of new bone not having all it's data set correctly (flags, position, rotation, etc. were not being passed onto base class).
corrected problem with renaming embedded strings ('fillers' were not being updated correctly).
corrected problem with deleting bones ('fillers' were not being updated correctly).
corrected problem of missing essential strings window being shown at file load when all required essential strings were found in file.
changed how renaming of embedded strings works. Now when you rename an embedded string and there are items (bones, meshes, skeletons, etc.) that have the same embedded string then all those other items will be updated with the new embedded string.
changed syntax for Sentinel command getchainforsection. Added an optional True that when specified will save the dump to a file also (you can only specify folder location for file). To view the Sentinel command window (if not already visible) press F1. Type h or help to see list of possible commands.
added two new Sentinel commands: doessectioncontainfillers and getsectionswithfillers. These commands should be used when the app tells you the file has errors or broken chains to see where the problems are (you should also use the getchainforsection command with optional True specified for each section reported back with fillers/errors to dump the section to a file for review).
added a new menu entry to File: Verify. Clicking Verify will verify the currently selected GR2 file in use for errors. The errors currently being checked are: broken chains and for 'fillers'. It will display a dialog box denoting all the errors found. This can be done at any time to verify the file after making changes.
added a new menu entry to Edit-->Options-->File: Verify after loading file. If this is checked then when any file is opened it will automatically be verified for errors.

It's been so long since I have worked on this that I've forgotten the reason why I took the link down before (I don't remember what it was in the code that was the problem).

Report all problems and I'll work them out as I have time. I'm doing much travel abroad for work this year so my time is limited.

Make use of the new File-->Verify. After you make a change click File-->Verify to see if there are any problems. If there is then I need to know EXACTLY what you did to cause the error. You can't give me too much information for the exactly part either. The more the better.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 02:23 PM   #2107
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Thank you Sir

gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 02:57 PM   #2108
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

This is important, Thank you a Lot TheDarkWraith
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 03:31 PM   #2109
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

TDW is back.

@TDW, your mailbox is full.

Last edited by Mikemike47; 01-22-14 at 04:01 PM.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 04:35 PM   #2110
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.1.397.1 available at post #1

Things are slowly coming back to me as to what the problem was before when I took the link down.

This new version fixes problems with deleting materials, textures, and bones. It all has to do with those darn 'fillers' and alignment

When I changed the app to work with other GR2s other than SH5's I opened up a HUGE can-of-worms. Slowly putting the lid on it now...

I need you all to try and break the app. I don't have much time at home before I'm shipped off again.

Looking into deleting/adding mesh subsets now. This seems to be where the problem was before when I took the link down...

Mailbox will probably be full for awhile. I don't have time to go through it. If you want to discuss something then post it here and when I have time I'll respond.
Old 01-22-14, 05:28 PM   #2111
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.1.398.1 released. See post #1

Opened up the NLL and clicked File-->Verify. Told me I had errors. This file was unmodified (stock) so I knew I forgot to add something to the verify function.

In certain sections in the GR2 file 'filler' is required to meet the alignment requirements of the section. Everything has to be aligned on the alignment boundary specified by the section. If it's not then there will be problems. Now the verify function will look at the 'fillers' returned (if any) for the sections and see if they are valid or not. If they are all valid and ok then it will tell you they are needed and they are all ok. If there is an error in one of them then it will say error.

The main thing you should watch for in the Verify function is whether it says file is possibly corrupt. If that says Yes then it's more than likely fubar.
Old 01-22-14, 06:47 PM   #2112
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.1.400.1 released. See post #1

This version deals with material bindings. I have changed how you can delete material bindings. If you try to delete a material binding that is bound to a subset you will get an error.

What this does is ensure you can't delete a material binding that's bound to a subset. You have to first give the subset another material binding before you can delete the old one (which means you may have to add more material bindings to the mesh first). This prevents the error of deleting a material binding for a subset and forgetting to set another one for it (Goblin does not like it when you do that!)
Old 01-22-14, 08:11 PM   #2113
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

What I would like is a compilation of problems/bugs/errors that need to be fixed/looked into. I briefly looked over past posts for the time I've been gone and I see people have been able to use the app for making new GR2s. That makes me happy What doesn't make me happy is that I also saw that they were having to use many different versions of the app to make those things Let's fix this so only one version, the current version, is all that has to be used.

I can't guarantee that I'll be able to fix everything in a short timeframe. I will though work on it as I have time.

With the current version, 1.1.400.1, I've played with mostly everything dealing with textures, materials, bones, and material bindings for meshes. I think I've got the majority of the errors that I remember from ago fixed. I'll be looking into the meshes and items related to meshes from now until I leave for Mexico.

Get me a list so I can work them out
Old 01-22-14, 08:18 PM   #2114
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'd suggest adjusting the way you read the obj files.
I did a simple sorter that allows obj files to be pre-sorted to work with your program.
Also, don't worry about people bit-ching about being away from modding and such.
Real life is takeing it's toll on me also.
Old 01-22-14, 08:27 PM   #2115
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
I'd suggest adjusting the way you read the obj files.
I did a simple sorter that allows obj files to be pre-sorted to work with your program.
Also, don't worry about people bit-ching about being away from modding and such.
Real life is takeing it's toll on me also.
Tell me what's wrong with the way I do it. How does the sorter make it 'compatible' with the way I do it? If you can give me files and procedures to follow to expose the problem that would be great.

Being away from modding sucks, I love writing code and making new things. Life and my career always come first though and those are priority. Thank god I'm single too