SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-10, 11:49 PM   #2086
magic452
Sea Lord

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

shinji What base are you playing from? If it's Pearl Harbor that is pretty much how it is.
Try starting out in Manila at the start of the war. Most of the action is near that area early. Manila will fall and your base will change so watch your fuel.
Stay in the area of the Philippians, Borneo and Java , lots of shipping there and not too many planes.

Magic

Reported lost 11 Feb. 1942
Signature by depthtok33l
magic452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 12:35 AM   #2087
Immacolata
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji View Post
the splash screen is different and you will have in the main menu Trigger Maru Overhauled 1.9 where if you click you get a wonderful poem!

any help for my problem plz ...
Hm. Then my mod didn't install. Strange. I installed JGSME to the SH IV folder and extracted the mods into the \Silent Hunter 4\MODS\ location and enabled it with JGSME.

"The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
- W. Churchill
Immacolata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 08:23 AM   #2088
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immacolata View Post
Hm. Then my mod didn't install. Strange. I installed JGSME to the SH IV folder and extracted the mods into the \Silent Hunter 4\MODS\ location and enabled it with JGSME.
Look in the TMO folder in the MODS directory. My guess is you'll find another TMO folder inside it. Rename the TMO folder in MODS, move the TMO folder out of the renamed folder, and delete the original. Enable with JSGME, and it should work.
Old 03-18-10, 04:34 PM   #2089
floundericiousWA
Medic

Downloads: 3

(@Ducimus for TMO, in general...)

May I just say fantastic dedication and effort, sir!!

I've just reinstalled SH4 after having some aggravating problems with GFO and will now try Trigger Maru... work like this is the reason I choose subsim!!!

"Defending that which is sincerely good and perfectly divine; Triumphant over death, and chance, and time..."
floundericiousWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 12:50 AM   #2090
Killer-Carrot
Watch

Downloads: 10

thank you for the great mod. I just encountered something weird in my 2nd patrol. I spent some time submerged and not moving with time compression to wait for the night. The problem emerged when I surfaced - the CO2 level did not stop rising. I tried going to periscope depth again and then resurfacing, even tried emergency surface. the CO2 level still kept rising and I eventually died when just cruising towards my home harbor. Any ideas to the cause?
Killer-Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 01:13 AM   #2091
VonGlaus
Gunner

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
Look in the TMO folder in the MODS directory. My guess is you'll find another TMO folder inside it. Rename the TMO folder in MODS, move the TMO folder out of the renamed folder, and delete the original. Enable with JSGME, and it should work.
Yes. I've been caught by this before. If installed correctly you get a new splash screen on startup, no way to miss it.
VonGlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 11:10 AM   #2092
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Default Anti-Aircraft Guns

OK don't laugh, but I need some help. I am running TMO 1.9 and the latest patch but darn if I can figure out how to man the Anti-Aircraft positions. The 3 gauges are always expanding and when I final do get one manned I have the same problem getting them out. I am sure it is something simply but it gets by me.

Thanks,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-10, 11:41 AM   #2093
danurve
The Old Man

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 3

Sub Sailor; that had me for a spin when I first loaded TMO. Sounds like the same thing, you have to go into crew management and make sure the gun slots are filled. Then the command - mouse actions worked fine.
Old 03-19-10, 07:08 PM   #2094
magic452
Sea Lord

Downloads: 85

Sub Sailor: The number pad ./del key will take off the dials and then you can manage your gun crews.

Magic

Reported lost 11 Feb. 1942
Signature by depthtok33l
magic452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 04:22 PM   #2095
Sonic
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

First off: great mod. I was absent some time, showed back in, TMO and RFB had a new version. I was strictly RFB before, but after i red about TMO i really wanted to try this.

Had to reinstall SH4, something messed, but after a couple of days i found my cd and went for it. The possibility to have emblem really got me. (yeah, no game without eye-candy

But i have to ask: are there still the photo and pilot rescue missions? Kinda miss them - "just" hunting ships doesnt do for me i guess (it does, but i liked these, too. Guess i'm easily distracted.)

And talk about distraction: will OM - without the OMEGU patch, because i think lurker s/where said OMEGU wont work with any other mod - still work? liked RFB+OM, because you were able to play "parallel lives". I believe the german campaign in TMO is still "stock".
Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 07:06 PM   #2096
eers75
Seaman

Downloads: 68

Hello, I absolutely love tmo and appreciate all the hard work that has been involved by the modders here. I have a question that ive searched this thread on and cant find an answer to. I am having a problem with certain availability of torps, deck guns, and radar.

Let me try to explain. I have played several campaigns all starting at Dec 8, 1941, 100% realism, and I play so that if my sub gets destroyed then I start a new campaign over. I am new to sh4 but I love playing this way, bit brutal but its fun for me. Well, the furthest I have gotten is to Dec of 1943. My problem im having is that some torpedoes, radar, and deck guns become available at different dates. Im not sure when certain items should come available but I have a feeling that im getting bugs or something. Is there a list somewhere that maybe I could see when items are available? For instance im in March 12, 1942 and for the first time in any of my campaigns I have available to me mk-23's, cuties, surface radar, and 4-50 deck gun. Im simply not sure if its a bug or not because its never happened before and not sure if it not happening is a bug either lol.

I have only installed TMO1.9/patch, max optics, dial fix, and interior overhauls. I am currently using sargo class asiatic fleet 1. Thanks in advance to all who may help.
eers75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 07:40 PM   #2097
danurve
The Old Man

Just finished a great haul

From Midway with the new Gato SS-228
Tankers Sunk: 1
Cargo ships Sunk: 3
Warships Sunk: 5
Total Tonnage: 76768

Ise Battleship
Naka Light Cruiser
Maya Heavy Cruiser
(Surface search radar found a Task force I managed to intercept)
Aux Sub-chaser
Nagara Maru
Nagara Maru
(Off mainland patrol)
Kiturin Maru
Mihekaze Destroyer
Buzyun Maru - out of fish -deck gun action
(East China Sea)

Slammin`
danurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 07:46 PM   #2098
Ruahrc
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey guys

I installed TMO 1.9 a couple of days ago but I noticed something was missing.

I used to play with TMO 1.7 but then stopped playing SH4 for a while. I came back and saw there was a new 1.9 out so I removed the 1.7 and restored everything to stock, then put in 1.9.

I was under the understanding that SCAF was included in 1.7 already, and presumably also in 1.9? I remember there used to be red marks on the ship pictures in the RM telling me where to set the stadimeter to. Because the SCAF changed those values. In 1.9 I don't see those red lines anymore. I looked at the correct .dds files in the 1.9 folder and verified that they were not there. The download of SCAF for the stock SH$ v1.5 though shows the modified textures with the red marks.

Is SCAF in 1.9? I.e. have all the values been changed in the game files, but for some reason the updated textures with the red indicators are missing?

Ruahrc
Old 03-21-10, 09:06 AM   #2099
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default good hunting, mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by danurve View Post
From Midway with the new Gato SS-228
Tankers Sunk: 1
Cargo ships Sunk: 3
Warships Sunk: 5
Total Tonnage: 76768

Ise Battleship
Naka Light Cruiser
Maya Heavy Cruiser
(Surface search radar found a Task force I managed to intercept)
Aux Sub-chaser
Nagara Maru
Nagara Maru
(Off mainland patrol)
Kiturin Maru
Mihekaze Destroyer
Buzyun Maru - out of fish -deck gun action
(East China Sea)

Slammin`
what was your jgsme setup for that patrol, date and realism used.... that was one hell of a trip to Tojoland

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 11:52 AM   #2100
danurve
The Old Man

jsgme TMO 1.9, tmo patch 25012010, tmo aft deck guns
Sept 30 - Nov 29 - '42
57%