SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-08, 05:55 AM   #196
The_Pharoah
Soundman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

hi guys

I've added more ammo for the main guns - how do I add more ammo for the AAA for the whole ship? I actually ran out of AAA ammo and was defenseless against high flyers.

also, be great if we could:

1. control the 5"" guns (ie. the smaller ones) or atleast
2. choose which guns to fire ie. main guns vs secondary armament.
The_Pharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 07:47 AM   #197
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

Gah, I have to get my game back tomorrow, i could have done the needed changes on the AA guns that you basically wouldnt run out of ammo.. Since i multiplied them 100 times from the original.. so they got like 56000 ammo per gun.

Once i get my game back from my friend (Oskari) i'll edit those values instantly and upload a tweak patch that adjusts the ammunition values on the AA guns, main guns and slightly tweaks the reload speed on main guns (3 seconds faster reload), reduces AA gun reload time with 1.2 seconds, increases shell velocity for AA shells with 20 m/s and the Tertiary guns's shell speed is upgraded to 850 M/S, since i noticed them to be roughly 400 m/s wich is ridiculously slow.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 08:00 AM   #198
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

ouff...finally i'm back....

I have tried the mod yesterday...wow...that ship is a power of the nature!
Just a (small) observation:
The depth gauges in the game interface should be removed, as Mikhail did in his S-boot mod. And in my opinion some new loading screens would be .

But the whole thing is absolutely stunning...keep up the good work Xantro!

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 08:04 AM   #199
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

and the supply/agent-insertion missions are now a bit ....maybe removing them would be a noticeable improvement....
...if it's possible obviously

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 09:16 AM   #200
The_Pharoah
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lt3r
Gah, I have to get my game back tomorrow, i could have done the needed changes on the AA guns that you basically wouldnt run out of ammo.. Since i multiplied them 100 times from the original.. so they got like 56000 ammo per gun.

Once i get my game back from my friend (Oskari) i'll edit those values instantly and upload a tweak patch that adjusts the ammunition values on the AA guns, main guns and slightly tweaks the reload speed on main guns (3 seconds faster reload), reduces AA gun reload time with 1.2 seconds, increases shell velocity for AA shells with 20 m/s and the Tertiary guns's shell speed is upgraded to 850 M/S, since i noticed them to be roughly 400 m/s wich is ridiculously slow.
thanks mate. look forward to it. afaik, the big ships had an almost endless supply of shells (almost! :hmm. their biggest problem was fuel.
Old 05-03-08, 10:29 AM   #201
andycaccia
XO

Downloads: 261
Uploads: 2

Quote:

Well said man!
Just remember to add, if posible, a small guide with waht files are to be modified and which values are the ones used for those guns.
I'm looking forward to use this "patch"
Old 05-03-08, 05:22 PM   #202
deamyont
Helmsman

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantrokoles
Quote:
Originally Posted by deamyont
Could someone please re-upload this mod with the textures fixed? I got red/green skins too, and s3d won't work somehow, so I can't change it myself
With version 1.1(newest d/l on the first page, the texture bugs must be fixed!
Changing my graphic settings in-game can get me two versions of it:

This is so frustation. I'd love to enjoy your wonderful work at the fullest.
deamyont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 05:26 PM   #203
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

It seems that click the "DL 1.1: " part of the link sends you to the old version and the rest sends you to the new version...
Old 05-03-08, 05:26 PM   #204
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

Quote from Raptor1's message at page 2, 4th post.
"Go to the mod folder, then Data/Submarine/KMS_AdmiralScheer, Open up KMS_AdmiralScheer.dat with s3d, go to 6: Node - NBC_GrafSpee, then UnifiedRenderController, open the Caustics tree and set Enabled to false"

Do that change deamyont with S3D and then just disable + re-enable BOTH the 1.1 PocketBB mod and the Graf Spee skin
That got my skin working.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 05:29 PM   #205
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Quote:
Make a small change in the mod's .dat file, instructions found on page 3 i guess. After that reload the mod 1.1 version, then after that put the graf spee skin on. Once this is done you should get the high def skin for the beauty
Make that page 2
Old 05-03-08, 05:32 PM   #206
The_Pharoah
Soundman

actually after downloading xantrokole's texture fix (can't remember which page), this has fixed the 'hippy boat' texture for me.
Old 05-03-08, 05:47 PM   #207
deamyont
Helmsman

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Quote from Raptor1's message at page 2, 4th post.
"Go to the mod folder, then Data/Submarine/KMS_AdmiralScheer, Open up KMS_AdmiralScheer.dat with s3d, go to 6: Node - NBC_GrafSpee, then UnifiedRenderController, open the Caustics tree and set Enabled to false"

Do that change deamyont with S3D and then just disable + re-enable BOTH the 1.1 PocketBB mod and the Graf Spee skin
That got my skin working.
It's just that I can't get S3D to work (even though I have everything it takes to run it), that's why I asked in the first place. I'd not ask if I could fix it myself.

I'd love if anyone of you could upload it with s3d setting applied anyway
deamyont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 05:52 PM   #208
Sylvanas
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantrokoles
Quote:
Could someone please re-upload this mod with the textures fixed? I got red/green skins too, and s3d won't work somehow, so I can't change it myself
With version 1.1(newest d/l on the first page, the texture bugs must be fixed!
Changing my graphic settings in-game can get me two versions of it:

This is so frustation. I'd love to enjoy your wonderful work at the fullest.
The black texture is because this mod (and quite a lot of others) don't have any low resolution textures (that's what got me the blackness at least).
The easiest way (and probably the only one) is to just go to the KMS_AdmiralScheer map and copy the normal texture files then just renaming them.

Example: NBC_GrafSpee_O01.dds -> Copy of NBC_GrafSpee_O01.dds -> NBC_GrafSpee_O01_lr.dds

Hope this fixes the first problem for you!

About the funky skin... I haven't seen that problem since I downloaded the fix...

-Sylvanas.-
Sylvanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 06:34 PM   #209
miner1436
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 3

Tow minor things ive noticed, there is no swastika on the stern eagle and the rails are invisible from decks of the ship.
miner1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 06:41 PM   #210
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner1436
Tow minor things ive noticed, there is no swasticka on the stern eagle and the rails are invisible from decks of the ship.
Do you realize how much trouble it would be to export the model, open up Max, import the Model, and then model the Swastika in?