SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-14-10, 07:45 AM   #2056
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
I've been using it and love the ability to shift on the fly to bring up the compass if needed. No troubles with the heading bar for me.

One thing I noticed and I haven't tried restarting the game to see if it fixed it but when clicking the Chief Engineer symbol and then the propulsion symbol, the recharging batteries symbol (think that's what its called) found there is always 'shaking' back and forth like its trying to position itself.

I'll get a screenshot if needed to show which one I'm talking about.
Have the same problem. But it does reload the battery as long as I don't use this feature.
Old 05-14-10, 07:50 AM   #2057
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

I just saved and restarted the game and it seems to have stopped shaking. I thought having dragged the bar around trying out this new feature might of triggered it but dragged it around again and its working fine.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 08:00 AM   #2058
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Yes it seems that SH5 is a bit temperamental to say the least
if you change anything even add or remove a mod you will
need to run the game and save it then reload it to make the
changes work properly
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 09:10 AM   #2059
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

these shaking issues.....can someone show me screenshots? Is it caused by enabling the mod mid mission or mid patrol?

Anyone using this mod in multi-player? If so, any noticeable problems/bugs? I've tried to ensure that it works well in mutli-player mode also but I don't get to test it out much with multi-player since I don't play in that mode.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-14-10 at 09:30 AM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 09:53 AM   #2060
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
big apology to conus00 for not getting to this sooner conus00 has redone the .dds files for the draggable compasses and they are now the default compasses in v2.3.0.
I also got around redoing the .dds files for the add-on mods for this mod. Below is naights alternate advanced speed control and jimimadrid's map tools:
Not a big deal, mate. I figured that you had a 'bigger fish to fry' while working on your mod
I'm glad that you ended up using the files after all.
Old 05-14-10, 10:26 AM   #2061
Athlonic
Chief

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I'm assuming from the lack of posts about it that I didn't screw up the new heading bar when I gave it advanced/normal modes? I didn't find any errors in my testing with it but you all seem to find the errors that I don't
Just a little request here :

Could it be possible to make the desired heading set with hotkeys to take effect while actually have the mouse over the heading bar only.

I ask this because everytime I overed the heading bar with the mouse (even without clicking) it ordered a new heading course. I found out it was because when moving around in the sub with WASD Keys (ZQSD here, azerty keyboard) it memorised a new course order which will take effect as soon as I will be overing the mouse over the heading bar.

I have tried to bind the A key instead of Q in the option file but for some reason the A key will close the map, making impossible to use the rotating dragable compass. So I wish to keep the Q and E hotkeys for this.

Thanks.
Athlonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 12:09 PM   #2062
sentenc3
Helmsman

Downloads: 472

Hello, you tell me how to activate the red when an officer is hurt ... is that I had wounded officers, and nothing came ... what also surprises me is that when I select either an officer does not leave the edge of color gray surrounding the square where the officer.
Only in the game see the top bar.
I have to activate something?
Thanks
sentenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 12:35 PM   #2063
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
these shaking issues....Is it caused by enabling the mod mid mission or mid patrol?
Mine happened after enabling during mid patrol, just a quick save and restart of game has fixed it though. Haven't seen it anymore after playing for several hours.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 12:35 PM   #2064
Monte
Watch

Downloads: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentenc3 View Post
Hello, you tell me how to activate the red when an officer is hurt ... is that I had wounded officers, and nothing came ...
That´s still the same prob on my computer (I posted it a couple of days ago; and yes, I have always the latest version of this great mod ).
Thank you very much.
Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 01:31 PM   #2065
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Hello, you tell me how to activate the red when an officer is hurt ... is that I had wounded officers, and nothing came ... what also surprises me is that when I select either an officer does not leave the edge of color gray surrounding the square where the officer.
Only in the game see the top bar.
I have to activate something?
this appears to be a side effect of the fix I made to make the officers clickable for those of you who were unable to select them. I'll have to dig a little deeper into this.....the problem is I don't experience the problem on my computer and many others don't either so it's hard for me to develop a fix/solution.
Old 05-14-10, 01:34 PM   #2066
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlonic View Post
Just a little request here :

Could it be possible to make the desired heading set with hotkeys to take effect while actually have the mouse over the heading bar only
that's actually how it's supposed to be working. This means that I have a bug that I need to track down. I knew there would be at least one bug with the changes I made
Old 05-14-10, 02:04 PM   #2067
sentenc3
Helmsman

Downloads: 472

Quote:
this appears to be a side effect of the fix I made to make the officers clickable for those of you who were unable to select them. I'll have to dig a little deeper into this.....the problem is I don't experience the problem on my computer and many others don't either so it's hard for me to develop a fix/solution.
ok , now you know why that happens, thank you very much for the explanation.
sentenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 03:20 PM   #2068
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
for those of you who are experiencing this problem can you try this bug fix and see if it fixes the problem?

EDIT:

file was corrupt. Here is a new bug fix:
http://rapidshare.com/files/38737499...ugfix1.7z.html
MD5: 6EBA2317764FE382BF3A4B39BD48B682

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-14-10 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-14-10, 03:22 PM   #2069
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlonic View Post
Could it be possible to make the desired heading set with hotkeys to take effect while actually have the mouse over the heading bar only.

I ask this because everytime I overed the heading bar with the mouse (even without clicking) it ordered a new heading course. I found out it was because when moving around in the sub with WASD Keys (ZQSD here, azerty keyboard) it memorised a new course order which will take effect as soon as I will be overing the mouse over the heading bar.
for those of you who are experiencing this problem can you try this bug fix and see if it fixes the problem?

http://rapidshare.com/files/38736437...ugfix2.7z.html
MD5: 15DB1157B3B4F5AACDECE2A3B9DC5D30

EDIT:

got confirmation from Athlonic that this fixes this bug.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-14-10 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-14-10, 04:20 PM   #2070
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Is this mod compatible with More Crew Commands?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui