SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-11, 09:34 PM   #1996
Strawberry
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

¿Does this mod fixes that buggy convoy (or something) perpetually sinking and smoking which causes to some people extremely lag when time compressing after getting close of it?

I don't remember where it was, I had been a long time without playing SH4 because of that awful bug, because no matter how far you go away from the smoke, your game becomes "broken" and unable to play time compression correctly again.

Not everybody gets this bug, but in my machine I do everytime I get close to that area and screws my game, so I would really love if RSRDC fix it, it would mean for me return to SH4

(Sorry about my english )
Old 04-23-11, 11:32 PM   #1997
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

That sounds like a spec or driver problem, not the game or mods. What are your specs? Have you updated drivers, etc..

RSRD doesn't have that problem, but again I don't think the issue is game related. I've never had a problem like that with stock or mods.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 09:49 AM   #1998
Strawberry
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

My specs are: AM2 AMD Athlon X2 64 5200+ (2,6GHz), 4GB RAM DDR2 667MHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 1GB DDR3, running updated drivers under Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.

Thank you
Old 04-27-11, 10:27 AM   #1999
sithlordmaligant
Mate

Downloads: 1044
Default sh4 mods download trouble

HELLO I LOVE SH4 AND EVEN HAVE THE TYPHOON CLASS SUB THAT I USE FOR CERTAIN MISSIONS I TRY TO GET FOR EXAMPLE THE SKIPJACK SUB AND EVEN THE IJN SUB FOR THE GAME BUT WHE N ITRY TO OPEN THE FILE IN THE MOD ENABLER MY MCAFEE BLOCKS IT SAYING A TROJAN WAS ON THERE AND IT DID NOT TAKE OR THE FILE CA NNOT BE OPENED I HAVE WINDOWS 7 WITH A TOSHIBA LAPTOP CA NSOMEONE TELL ME IF I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR PERHAPS DOWNLOADING THE MODS FROM THE WRONG PLACE
sithlordmaligant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 11:48 AM   #2000
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
sithlordmaligant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlordmaligant View Post
HELLO I LOVE SH4 AND EVEN HAVE THE TYPHOON CLASS SUB THAT I USE FOR CERTAIN MISSIONS I TRY TO GET FOR EXAMPLE THE SKIPJACK SUB AND EVEN THE IJN SUB FOR THE GAME BUT WHE N ITRY TO OPEN THE FILE IN THE MOD ENABLER MY MCAFEE BLOCKS IT SAYING A TROJAN WAS ON THERE AND IT DID NOT TAKE OR THE FILE CA NNOT BE OPENED I HAVE WINDOWS 7 WITH A TOSHIBA LAPTOP CA NSOMEONE TELL ME IF I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR PERHAPS DOWNLOADING THE MODS FROM THE WRONG PLACE
Let me know if I have reworded your post correctly. I am trying to make it easy for someone to give you advice. (Can't you program McAffee to ignore this problem?) Also, you have not advised us of the specific mod download locations. If the following is incorrect, please correct it.

"I am trying to use a Skipjack or IJN submarine mod, but am unable to activate the mod as my McAffee anti virus software prevents it, noting the file contains a trojan and/or cannot be opened. Is their a solution to this issue?"

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 04-27-11 at 12:54 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-11, 12:01 PM   #2001
sithlordmaligant
Mate

Downloads: 1044

thank you you did sum it up correctly and they appear ot be downloading from a fileplanet site i go on the old post here to get the links and they point me there
sithlordmaligant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 04:52 PM   #2002
k25
Swabbie

Downloads: 96
Default Question

Hello, trying this for the first time. I'm also using RFB 2.0. My question is, how do I know if I have RSRD enabled? It seems to be generating the same kind of missions with or without it. Also, it says to install in port.. hopefully i'm not sounding stupid but does that mean that I need to be in a campaign and then activate the mod through JGSME before I go out on patrol? Help much appreciated. Thank you.
k25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 08:54 PM   #2003
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Welcome aboard k25,

Generally, you want to avoid activating any mod in the middle of a patrol. You can activate before you start a campaign/career though.
As far as RSRDC goes, you will probably not see any obvious gameplay changes, as it is a mod that scripts shipping and naval traffic. It was created to fix issues where planes were flying far from their bases, task forces popping up where they don't belong, etc. It does not change your boat's performance or the game interface.

GOOD HUNTING!
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-11, 11:35 PM   #2004
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default wrongamuno TorpX

With RSRDC you will see many more missions start dates offerred in career mod, at least in TMO. Start the mod prior to a mission, and I do not know if starting it at the commencement of a campaign is required, but you will find out I am sure.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 11:33 AM   #2005
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Activate the correct version of RSRDC for your install via JSGME, then start a new career, not a previously saved one.

In stock SH4 your career start dates and locations will be fairly limited, with RSRDC installed you will have a multitude of start dates and location dates that correlate historically with movement of the front lines and naval bases, as wells as the different deployments of the Fleet Boats in the PTO. You can even opt for a career up in the Aleutians in an S-42. http://www.navy.mil/navydata/cno/n87.../forgotten.htm

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 09:17 PM   #2006
SJFriesen
Bosun

Downloads: 87
Default Possible Problem?

So I just got the RSRD Mod after reading about it on a TMO post. Is RSRD updated to the most recent version of TMO? Im running TMO 2.2 I have had the game crash on me three times now. Each time was while I was underwater and being attacked in some fashion. Twice by a destroyer and once as a airplane attacked me because I didnt dive right away. Im wondering if I didnt patch RSRD correctly.
SJFriesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:34 AM   #2007
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFriesen View Post
So I just got the RSRD Mod after reading about it on a TMO post. Is RSRD updated to the most recent version of TMO? Im running TMO 2.2 I have had the game crash on me three times now. Each time was while I was underwater and being attacked in some fashion. Twice by a destroyer and once as a airplane attacked me because I didnt dive right away. Im wondering if I didnt patch RSRD correctly.

You were prob spotted, RSRD's default visual sensors for enemy ships is a bit much.There is a mod I believe tater created that tones them down to more realistic levels.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 02:31 AM   #2008
SJFriesen
Bosun

Default Mod

Hey Bubble I mean the game literally crashed not the sub. Game completely froze and I have too ctrl alt del and manually shut the program down. Went and disabled RSRD and it works fine again now. Did it 3 times in 2 different scenarios

After reading through this im going to try reinstalling and then remodding everything. If I still have a problem I will let someone know. Thanks

Last edited by SJFriesen; 08-29-11 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-30-11, 01:28 AM   #2009
SJFriesen
Bosun

Default Mod Install

Armistead im going to use your mods list as a guild lines for my new install if you dont mind. Are most of your mods gameplay mods or visual?

Well I found them all except for TMO_SubTextures_FooSkin
JSGME enabling them not trial shortly.

Last edited by SJFriesen; 08-30-11 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-07-11, 03:41 AM   #2010
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Default Battle of Coral Sea

I read sometime ago on this thread that the Battle of Coral Sea had been integrated into RSRDC, and since I'd been floating around the N. Celebes for a couple of weeks with no sightings, I thought I'd try to get to the area on the right date. I made it to Tulagi by May 1, then did a search pattern around Sago (?) island for a couple of days, and sure enough, on May 3 the Jap destroyer TF showed up just south of Sago Island, then turned north heading towards Tulagi. The TF was being trailed by a large ammo freighter about 10 miles behind the TF. I just waited near the TF track until he showed up, then took him out with three well placed Mk14s. Never saw the main invasion TF for Port Morsby, nor the Carrier TF. I was running low on fuel, and past by the areas on the way to refuel at Brisbane a day or two before the actual battle.

If you're interested in participating in the Battle of Coral Sea, here are some dates and positions I got from Wikipedia:

Early May 3, 1942 - Invasion force off Tulagi
May 4 - Japs at Tulagi 9d07'S 160d12'E
May 5 - Jap TF steaming S on E side of Solomons. Turn W and pass S of San Cristobal I.
Early AM May 6 - TF refueling 180nm W of Tulagi
0600 May 7 - Jap Carrier TF 13d12'S 158dE
10:00 May 7 - Jap invasion force 10d35'S 152d36'E
0615 May 8 - Jap carriers at 10d25'S 154d5'E
May 9 - US TF returns to Pearl
May 10 - Jap Minelayer at 5d06'S 153d48'E (Operation RY)
May 16 - Operation RY cancelled - Japs retire to Rabaul and Truk
Aug 7 - US invasion of Guadalcanal and Tulagi

'd' = degrees since symbols don't work on this editor.

Good Hunting!