SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-12-10, 12:02 PM   #1966
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
yes, I like those
Ok, have the latest version and must ask if the Q & E keys are better than simply left click (mouse for heading) of sub before requiring full compass of heading? With the current version (selecting degree heading)? As of patch, you just point and click but current versions is where you use keys is what I'm asking if should remain?
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 12:35 PM   #1967
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Ok, have the latest version and must ask if the Q & E keys are better than simply left click (mouse for heading) of sub before requiring full compass of heading? With the current version (selecting degree heading)? As of patch, you just point and click but current versions is where you use keys is what I'm asking if should remain?
The "new" version from the devs is rather limited, in that it's essentially just your forward arc. Might as well simply look where you want to go and press the Heading To View key really.

For most minor course corrections I do that really, or just use the Rudder keys. For "reactive" moves I'll use the popup compass dial. The "Q" and "E" I use mostly for longer distance trips. Like I'll get a radio report, calculate the intercept course and set it via Q/E. I rarely use the plotted waypoints anymore. You end up going off course more if you don't, and that's super fun. heh

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 12:42 PM   #1968
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
The "new" version from the devs is rather limited,
Actually I thought that was DW was trying for earlier... I'm mistaken?
Rather than using keys, just using mouse to guide... maybe I'm completely off with this lol.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 03:04 PM   #1969
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Rather than using keys, just using mouse to guide... maybe I'm completely off with this lol.
eventually I want to be able to use the mouse scrollwheel to set the heading but haven't figured out how to do it yet. I have 3 books that just arrived from Amazon.com so hopefully I'll figure something out here soon (along with some other goodies...)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 03:06 PM   #1970
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
thinking about this leads me to maybe adding some kind of toggle to the new heading bar that would allow you to just click and go or use my version of the Q & E keys.......Since the 'arc' of degrees if bigger now minor course changes would be better handled with mouse clicks......
Old 05-12-10, 03:46 PM   #1971
DragonRR1
Officer

Downloads: 0

Quote:
eventually I want to be able to use the mouse scrollwheel to set the heading but haven't figured out how to do it yet. I have 3 books that just arrived from Amazon.com so hopefully I'll figure something out here soon (along with some other goodies...)

DW a forum poster mentioned that it should be pretty easy. I did PM you about this awhile back. I think he said something like "own Window". I'll have a search. If you tried this already then good luck with finding another solution!

EDIT:
Found the post here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by DragonRR1; 05-12-10 at 03:57 PM.
DragonRR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 03:59 PM   #1972
SKLR
Watch

Downloads: 185
I don't suppose you can code in an input box where you can directly type the course you want, instead of using a compass ?

I might be mistaking, since it's been a very long while, but I think Dangerous Waters had the course displayed as a number (000 - 359). Clicking on any of the characters would increase its value by one (000 -> 001; 000->010 etc), shift clicking would increase it by five, right clicking would decrease it by one, shift right clicking would decrease it by 5.

I don't remember seeing this in any SH mod, so i'm guessing there are slim chances, but still, would be awesome.
SKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 04:06 PM   #1973
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKLR View Post
I don't suppose you can code in an input box where you can directly type the course you want, instead of using a compass ?

I might be mistaking, since it's been a very long while, but I think Dangerous Waters had the course displayed as a number (000 - 359). Clicking on any of the characters would increase its value by one (000 -> 001; 000->010 etc), shift clicking would increase it by five, right clicking would decrease it by one, shift right clicking would decrease it by 5.

I don't remember seeing this in any SH mod, so i'm guessing there are slim chances, but still, would be awesome.
adding that wouldn't be difficult at all. Not a bad idea either
Old 05-12-10, 04:13 PM   #1974
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
after giving this some thought here's what I think I'll do:

- keep the Q & E keys (until I figure out mouse) to change desired heading
- keep the clicking of the heading bar to show the compass/rudder dial
- adding a condition to the clicking of the heading bar that if shift is pressed and held then: it shows the compass/rudder dial else you are clicking for a new desired heading (the new desired heading would be where you clicked on the heading bar). If shift is held down then the Q & E keys would also be disabled.
Old 05-12-10, 04:36 PM   #1975
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
any keyboard mod will more than likely interfere with this mod as it defines it's own hotkeys in the options file. My recommendation: don't use any keyboard mods with this.
have to retract this comment somewhat. The Advanced Shift keys for SH5 by ddrgn was redone to be compatible with patch 1.2 and v2.2.2 of the UIs mod
Old 05-12-10, 05:33 PM   #1976
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Could we have the TC for map contacts dropping to 1 TC in increments of 50 , not increments of 1 thanks .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 05:37 PM   #1977
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

I find it quite hopeless to set the mastheight accurately. Is there any other way to do it except turning the dial with the mouse?
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 05:39 PM   #1978
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Could we have the TC for map contacts dropping to 1 TC in increments of 50 , not increments of 1 thanks .
I don't understand what you're asking
Old 05-12-10, 05:39 PM   #1979
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtag View Post
I find it quite hopeless to set the mastheight accurately. Is there any other way to do it except turning the dial with the mouse?
yes I know it's not particularly pleasant to set the mast height with the dial but until I figure out another way that's how we have to do it. Trust me, I'm looking for another way
Old 05-12-10, 05:42 PM   #1980
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

big apology to conus00 for not getting to this sooner conus00 has redone the .dds files for the draggable compasses and they are now the default compasses in v2.3.0.
I also got around redoing the .dds files for the add-on mods for this mod. Below is naights alternate advanced speed control and jimimadrid's map tools:

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui