SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-10, 01:44 PM   #1951
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

...well as I've been battling the 'game saves are eating my harddrive' issue I was planning on doubling my RAM and HD capacity tonight (currently 1 gig/ 80 gig) as SHIV is on my removable HD and the saves end up on my C: drive. I think the saves are battling my swap file for the few gigs of free space on my C: drive. Wasn't sure if the Midway crash was a known problem or not.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 02:32 PM   #1952
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

As long as you are patched to 1.5 and running the right mods there have been no CTD issues related to RSRD, but I think you've figured your problem out.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 06:52 PM   #1953
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
WEIRD- I'm getting the same problem, in fact I don't even have to move- I sit in same spot that I spawn into and 2 minutes later I CTD.

I have SHIV 1.5 -w- RSRDC V550, GFO 1.1.7, GFO convoy route fix, and GFO Patch for RSRDC v401. nothing else installed, and nothings changed since I starting running this config 2 weeks ago- CTD's started last night and ONLY around Midway (1Jun42).
I had this problem and resolved it by not installing the SCAF for RSRD MOD or installing that SCAF MOD BEFORE MaxOptics MOD. About 20 nms west of Midway a radar sighting message occurs and that is when the CTD happens.
Old 10-29-10, 02:52 AM   #1954
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
April 7, 1945

I wish to sink the Yamoto. I cannot find her. I am south of Japan at the right time, wrong place. Anyone know where she is?
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 08:56 AM   #1955
MaddogK
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
I had this problem and resolved it by not installing the SCAF for RSRD MOD or installing that SCAF MOD BEFORE MaxOptics MOD. About 20 nms west of Midway a radar sighting message occurs and that is when the CTD happens.
It isn't a radar contact thats causing it, im submerged and scope is down. Happens at 5:19pm 1jun42 just west of the island.

Am not running the SCAF mod but am going to look in the GFO docs to see if SCAF is in there somewhere as my CTD happens exactly where you have yours. My hardware upgrades did nothing to fix the problem, and JSGME reports my original game files to be exactly the same as my snapshot.

Does SHIV create a crashlog file I can view ?

<edit> GFO has the SCAF mod as part of it's 'fixxes' , crap I have no way to remove GFO without a reinstall of the game (installed it before discovering JSGME).

...At least I know WHY it's crashing, trick is fixing it.

Last edited by MaddogK; 10-29-10 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-29-10, 09:27 AM   #1956
MaddogK
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I wish to sink the Yamoto. I cannot find her. I am south of Japan at the right time, wrong place. Anyone know where she is?
I believe Yamamoto (on the Yamato) joins the carrier strike group to the NW, Kondo on the Kongo is to the west (my target).

Yamato can be found later in the game at Truk.

Old 10-29-10, 10:29 AM   #1957
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post

Are you running RSRD? Think it leaves port on 4/6/45, comes through the Bungo, maybe the 7th-9th. Just has a CL and lot's of DD's. This is it's last voyage.

There is a stock glitch with stock that has nothing to do with RSRD that keep spawning the Yamato, so it leaves the bungo over and over until the end of the war, so you miss it, it'll be back...I once had 6 torps on the way to it and the war ended on me...lol
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 02:16 PM   #1958
MaddogK
XO

yup, CTD vanishes when GFO is removed.
Webster, ya reading this ? I need to remove the SCAF from GFO 1.1, can ya help me out ?

Old 10-29-10, 03:39 PM   #1959
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
WEIRD- I'm getting the same problem, in fact I don't even have to move- I sit in same spot that I spawn into and 2 minutes later I CTD.

I have SHIV 1.5 -w- RSRDC V550, GFO 1.1.7, GFO convoy route fix, and GFO Patch for RSRDC v401. nothing else installed, and nothings changed since I starting running this config 2 weeks ago- CTD's started last night and ONLY around Midway (1Jun42).
im guessing you made a typo there since i only made GFO v1.1 and there is no v1.1.7 (not made by me anyways)

also i did not make the GFO convoy route fix so i do not know if it has any issues with other mods

i made sure that the only parts of SCAF that were used for GFO would only change the ships cfg files data such as ship lengths and heights so there should be nothing there to conflict with any other mods.

what you describe is usually the result of the game calling for a ship to spawn that isnt found in the game so it does a CTD when it cant spawn it.

try removing the convoy fix and see if that is whats causing it, if not try the mod soup fix to eliminate that as a cause.

after all this time with so many using GFO without reporting this CTD i must think there is more to it then GFO or the minor changes i added from SCAF but if you really need to remove SCAF from GFO then you must open the "Sea" folder found in GFO and open every ship folder then delete the cfg file found there, that is all there is of SCAF that is in GFO.

Last edited by Webster; 10-29-10 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-09-10, 11:53 PM   #1960
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default lurker

I have been sailing around the phillipines on 102444, off Cape Engano and Samar. The fleets are there. I want to congratulate you for a truly super supermod. I cannot fathom how much time it took to compile the info for the mod, yet alone organize it for playing. It has added much realism to the game/sim. Thank you.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 11-10-10 at 11:31 AM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-10, 07:39 PM   #1961
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Anyone know if can add singles into the single merchant layers without causing problems in the convoy layers? I know if you make changes via the ME to the convoy or tf layers it will make them not spawn at right time.The single merchant layers seem to be random generated groups so wondering if it would be okay to add some in areas like gulf of siam that are lacking.Save as random layer I suppose?

Anyone know?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 04:59 AM   #1962
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

I installed RSRD to make a Surcouf patch :

but I get SH4 messages at startup :

the whole menu directory is missing from rsrd v 550 ?

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 05:50 AM   #1963
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Surcouf Run Silent Run Deep patch

now the Surcouf is available to all careerstarts in all flotillas in RSRD

D/L :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7azaae...ouf%20patch.7z

known issue : a bunch of SH4 message appear when loading the mission, basically :

the whole menu directory is missing from rsrd v 550 ?

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 03:50 PM   #1964
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228

I like very much RSRDC (with TMO 2), but lacks of ships in some areas. For example, I start today (for first time in two years of SH4) a campaign in Mare Island, and no ships in San Francisco, nothing...Only the Golden Gate, the port and my sub...

Also, there aren´t allied patrol aircrafts in the allied bases. I read about the existence of this planes (in Pearl, for example) in the book "Wahoo", by Dick O´Kane (historic account of the patrols of SS-238 USS Wahoo).

In FOTRS 1.3 there are patrol aircrafts. In TMO and TMO+RSRDC there aren´t these planes.

How can I put planes and ships in RSRDC? Is there some simple tutorial for make that with ME? (I´m not an expert in the use of ME...).

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 07:09 AM   #1965
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228

We have - thanks to Ducimus, the update for TMO 2.1. Is it possible make an update of RSRDC for this new updated version of TMO?

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote