SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-11, 07:21 PM   #1936
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Tonight i am installing s3d editor and SH3 so as you can see i am getting closer to resume work.
Good news, it'll be great to have you back up and running!

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 01:24 PM   #1937
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0
Default Update

Hi shipmates,

Everything is setup and rock stable so far only a small glitch with mouse but nothing serious.

So today i am resuming work where i left off prior to changing system i mean finishing my new damage model.

Thing left to do in damage model :

1: Adding variety in damage decal according to each distinct ship structure.

2: Finishing some fire and explosion fx in 3d software.

3:Changing all splash explosions to new animated one.

4: Making torpedoes damage decals.

5: Adding new zone capability on certain objects and ships structure.

6: Adding new sound fx for all new features in new damage model.

So that what i will do in the next couple of days and i will try to post some pictures of my secret stuff that will surprised many!

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 02:38 PM   #1938
Old_Jakub
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Default a few proposals

Hi all, this is my first post on this forum

I would like to present a few proposals to you which in my opinion it is worthwhile in order to implement in your mod. All come from Sonar_PL's mod - U-boats Total War. I am sorry if somebody wrote about it but I am pressed for time in order to read 130 pages. ;-)

Regards

They are it:

- Central periscope

- The "real" wind. In stock SH3 the wind always blows towards the ship's stern.

- Possibility of walking on the board

- Storm without the milky fog from stock SH3 and GWX. It enables manual torpedo attack during the storm.
Old_Jakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 02:44 PM   #1939
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Excellent News Hans, I'm glad it all worked out - you won't know yourself working on that new super PC.
Where before the PC couldn't keep up it will now be the other way around

Now that Hans is back on the road, I'm going to give ye all another surprise.

Say Hello to.........

The..........

Latest Feature to grace Silent Hunter 3............

The one and only............

IMPACT ANGLE DIAL

As many are aware the Impact Dial was ommited from Sh3 (Its in Sh2 Sh4 and sh5 ).

Well with a bit of outside the box thinking and a bit of reverse engineering plus other coding, this dial has now found its way back into Sh3 where it belongs.

Now its possible to get perfect Torpedo Tracks for the optimal Firing Solutions.

Here is a video of it in action by our great Team Colleague and UI creator Makman94.
(Also give a nice sneak peak into his UI for U-Boat-Hahd).

Last edited by reaper7; 09-02-11 at 03:23 PM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 03:16 PM   #1940
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

hey reaper, gonna send you an email for joining the crew.

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 03:27 PM   #1941
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch View Post
hey reaper, gonna send you an email for joining the crew.

Excellent Mate, going to be great having you in the Team.
Email me a password of your choice (8 digits long min) to reaper7@u-boot-hahd.com
Old 09-02-11, 05:10 PM   #1942
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Jakub View Post
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum
Great to have you here...

Welcome aboard!

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 05:27 PM   #1943
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Great vid.
For all the manual-shooter among us, this is orgasmic news!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11, 09:08 PM   #1944
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default Guess what?

Hi shipmates,

I did some crazy thing last night guess what?

Since my new rig can handle anything i can throw at it i re install SH5 just to get a second look to make sure i was not missing the boat by choosing SH3 as my modding platform of choice, so i install the darn thing and start wandering around looking at every aspect of it and then i saw so many horrible graphic glitch, out of scale object and sea behavior with bad looking foam, skydome that you can feel you are in a hemisphere, cloud that seem map inside a sphere, moronic crew close to cartoon etc.

The sea wave in relation with the sub scale is totally unrealistic and add to this the 4 of july firework explosion and you get my point of view.

Ok enough ranting conclusion SH3 is my prefer platform everything in SH3 was a labor of love and SH5 look like a mix of so many thing that it loose any credibility as a serious simulation of a simulator.

SH3 has everything regarding campaign and u-boat selection so just wait to see what U-BOAT_HAHD is all about when you have it on your system and then you will understand what i mean.

You saw a lot of stuff we already did but there is a lot nobody has ever seen yet, be prepared
Best regards Hans

Old 09-02-11, 11:16 PM   #1945
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401

Quote:
The sea wave in relation with the sub scale is totally unrealistic and add to this the 4 of july firework explosion and you get my point of view.
Hi Hans,

Totally agree!
Quote:
You saw a lot of stuff we already did but there is a lot nobody has ever seen yet, be prepared
The world froze in anticipation of a miracle!
And I'm including...
Old 09-03-11, 02:43 AM   #1946
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 276

Quote:
Hi shipmates,

I did some crazy thing last night guess what?

Since my new rig can handle anything i can throw at it i re install SH5 just to get a second look to make sure i was not missing the boat by choosing SH3 as my modding platform of choice, so i install the darn thing and start wandering around looking at every aspect of it and then i saw so many horrible graphic glitch, out of scale object and sea behavior with bad looking foam, skydome that you can feel you are in a hemisphere, cloud that seem map inside a sphere, moronic crew close to cartoon etc.

Ok enough ranting conclusion SH3 is my prefer platform everything in SH3 was a labor of love and SH5 look like a mix of so many thing that it loose any credibility as a serious simulation of a simulator.

SH3 has everything regarding campaign and u-boat selection so just wait to see what U-BOAT_HAHD is all about when you have it on your system and then you will understand what i mean.

Best regards Hans
Hi Hans.

Great to see you have your new rig up and running. Congratulations Kaleun I'm really looking forward to the new stuff. Preparedness locked and loaded mate

@reaper

I just watched the vid re your dial, looks like I'm gonna have to learn to be a manual shooter when this is released

Best regards.

Fubar2iner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 03:41 AM   #1947
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

@hans

yes, i agree. sh5 lacks of elemental things, beside the graphical glitches and 3d mistakes. a deeper gameplay is missing most. and this is, where sh3 gets the 8 of 10 (sh5: 4 of 10). only thing missing for me regarding gameplay is the interaction with wolfpacks. but also this topic is going to be solved by h.sie. so, polishing the graphics (textures, new crew models, better water) and fx effects in sh3...we gonna have the sim, we all ever wanted.

sh5 is far from the state of modding sh3 is. so there are still to many things which must be examined, before huge additions can take place for sh5. this time is better invested in sh3...as to now. we will see, what is to come.

BUT

talking about the best MODDING PLATFORM, one must say: is sh4! if you analyse sh3, sh4 and sh5. it has the most potential of what we want. even i also never really dealt with it. this is the best platform regarding:

- graphics
- gameplay

but as only some already dealt with modding sh4, there is extremly less done so far. this is what keeps me away from sh4. a lot of portation has to be done here.

BUT

if we would have to choose the best platform, we should port the achievements of sh3 to sh4 and push it to its limits. worth to think about, hans...

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-11, 05:35 AM   #1948
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch View Post
BUT

talking about the best MODDING PLATFORM, one must say: is sh4! if you analyse sh3, sh4 and sh5. it has the most potential of what we want. even i also never really dealt with it. this is the best platform regarding:

- graphics
- gameplay

but as only some already dealt with modding sh4, there is extremly less done so far. this is what keeps me away from sh4. a lot of portation has to be done here.

BUT

if we would have to choose the best platform, we should port the achievements of sh3 to sh4 and push it to its limits. worth to think about, hans...

I have to agree with you on this, Sh4 definitly has the potential to drive the silent hunter series to the ultimate sub sim.
More so than Sh3 or sh5 - It's very similar base wise to Sh3 so the same acievments can be had with it as in sh3, plus it has scalling built in so graphics wise and UI wise it can acomplish a lot more.

Being inbetwwen both sh3 and Sh5 I feel its being overlooked, but maybe once all that we have done with Sh3 with this mod is done can be brought over to Sh4 to make the dream come true .

But with the work Hans is doing everything bar Higher resolution will be had with Sh3.
Its definltly going to be the best thing for years to come.
Old 09-03-11, 09:00 AM   #1949
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Hi shipmates,

I understand your point of view Urfish but SH4 was not made with Atlantic theater in mind so implementing the full Atlantic theater would be too much work and there is still lot of problem adding all the playable u-boat in.

The crew management that i like in SH3 is also missing so that why my opinion is that SH3 is the only suitable platform for a full Atlantic theater.

SH3 has already everything included plus all tools to mod it are mature and working.

Best regards Hans

Old 09-03-11, 12:10 PM   #1950
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Hi shipmates,

I understand your point of view Urfish but SH4 was not made with Atlantic theater in mind so implementing the full Atlantic theater would be too much work and there is still lot of problem adding all the playable u-boat in.
I have to disagree. Operation Monsun has shown that a full Atlantic campaign is not only possible in SH4, but easy, since SH3 and SH4 are essentially the same game. What are the problems with the playable u-boats? Have you played Op Monsun?

Quote:
The crew management that i like in SH3 is also missing so that why my opinion is that SH3 is the only suitable platform for a full Atlantic theater.
You like having to move each man around every few hours? People complained about that, hence the much better and more realistic SH4 crew management, in which they move themselves according to a watch bill.

Quote:
SH3 has already everything included plus all tools to mod it are mature and working.
Except for the transparent water, which people keep saying they want in SH3. The only thing SH4 is lacking is the mods like the harbors and things. Those should be easy for someone who knows how to do it, which I don't.