Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-17, 03:51 PM   #1936
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

@viena

Just like with the "russian hackers" story I have read both the document itself and surrounding media narratives. The reason why I have edited the quote to "TLDR" was because I did not plan to repply to your post directly.

Just like with the "russian hackers" story there is no evidence within that story or surrounding narratives to support it. Remember how you mentioned (and linked) the official documents in the discussion, when I was present? Well, those did not have any evidence regarding attribution.

Quote:
In your post, and in the post you agreed with, there are still no cites, no references, no expansion to support your claims, just more 'drive-by sniping' void of substance we are expected to believe just because you 'say so'; perhaps living in Russia has ingrained you with a natural tendency to accept the 'party line'...
Quote:
Since you can not offer even one bit of detailed, verifiable, substantiation to bolster you claims, then I will accept them as they are: empty claims, not fact...
And there is no need for me to do so, simply because of the Russell's teapot principle. What I do is point out that there is no evidence where you (or to be specific the narrative you project) claim that there is evidence, just like in the case I mentioned above, where upon examination official documents not only had factual errors in them, but also lacked the evidence to support the claims made regarding attribution. So accusing me of blindly following a political narrative is, well, amusing.

But to return to that new discussion. If you read the document, it is obvious that it is not credible from the style and content of it. While there are many surrounding theories regarding it's origins (which vary from 4chan trolls to ex-soviet intelligence officers) I have still not made my mind regarding it and I will still wait for specific supporting evidence rather than claims by sources clearly invested into the matter discussed.

On topic - unsurprisingly Trump's admin denies those spy allegations:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ntroversy.html
(and yes I know about FoxNews - read the direct speach)

Last edited by ikalugin; 02-19-17 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-19-17, 04:00 PM   #1937
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The records will speak for themselves. I'm curious, August, if you would be defending Clinton as you seem to be defending Trump if she had won? I know you stated you wouldn't vote for either.
Well it's hard to prove a response to something that will thankfully never happen but I'd like to think that I would object if the Fourth Estate had declared war on her like they have on Trump. Then again while I dislike Trump I absolutely loathe Clinton so maybe I'd see attacks on her by the press as a welcome taste of her own medicine and be a little less likely to jump to her defense.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-19-17, 04:02 PM   #1938
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Did Trump go down there specifically for that rally? Or was it more like a side trip going to/from somewhere else.
If it's the former, someone needs to tell him his next election isn't for four years and get back to work.

What does any of that have to do with what I posted?

Old 02-19-17, 04:16 PM   #1939
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Instead of the p.s.

As a Russian I am by far more likely to be overcritical and overcynical of things. Which is related to why I don't own a TV and do not use social media.
Old 02-19-17, 04:22 PM   #1940
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
It time for him to start paying attention to what he says in front of a mic.
Could it be intentional?
It's possible, I mean most of his supporters either couldn't care or already just buy into his story so it doesn't really matter what he says, I mean he's already put it better than I can when he said that he could 'shoot somebody and not lose any voters'.

Meanwhile in USAF Spangdahlem:
http://gizmodo.com/accidental-inboun...out-1792518356

https://www.airforcetimes.com/articl...valentines-day

Old 02-19-17, 04:28 PM   #1941
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
It's possible, I mean most of his supporters either couldn't care or already just buy into his story so it doesn't really matter what he says, I mean he's already put it better than I can when he said that he could 'shoot somebody and not lose any voters'.

Meanwhile in USAF Spangdahlem:
http://gizmodo.com/accidental-inboun...out-1792518356

https://www.airforcetimes.com/articl...valentines-day

I heard that there were no fallout shelters in UK.
Old 02-19-17, 04:34 PM   #1942
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
"We are here today to speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." [...]
"Sweden, who would believe this."

Not me.
Either Trump does not know what happened, then he is uniformed, or just dumb. Or he is a liar. Frankly, i think he is just making things up without thinking, to underline or get his views through. Alternative facts - you have an opinion and make up events to prove it. Lot of slander has already happened, e.g. most of what Trump accused Clinton with, were plain lies.

Apart from laughing their sses off, ...
http://www.dw.com/en/trumps-sweden-t...ing/a-37624285

...meanwhile Sweden has officially asked for an explanation from the US government.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa...-idUKKBN15Y0QP

Entertaining

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is online  
Old 02-19-17, 04:38 PM   #1943
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
I heard that there were no fallout shelters in UK.
Not official ones, no, most people would have made their own if needed, and then probably died anyway.

I mean, let's face it...who the hell wants to survive a full nuclear exchange?
Old 02-19-17, 04:38 PM   #1944
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Not me.
Either Trump does not know what happened, then he is uniformed, or just dumb. Or he is a liar. Frankly, i think he is just making things up without thinking, to underline or get his views through. Alternative facts - you have an opinion and make up events to prove it. Lot of slander has already happened, e.g. most of what Trump accused Clinton with, were plain lies.

...meanwhile Sweden has officially asked for an explanation from the US government.

Entertaining
I mean it is not like the previous republican president got all his facts right and did not mistake one country for another.

On a related note I still remember the glorious trolls during the 080808 war, where people would troll americans into believing that the state of Georgia was invaded rather than, ehem, a state of Georgia. Fortunately I was a passive observer back then, but I know people who were trolling or even participating in attacks (ie DoS attacks).
Old 02-19-17, 04:42 PM   #1945
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Not me.

Entertaining
I have relatives and friends in Sweden, if some terror attack or similar should happen there, I would be informed. When I heard Trump saying this I was

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 02-19-17, 04:43 PM   #1946
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So are you upset because he went there or that he bitched about Obama doing the same thing? How are you with Obama doing it in the first place?
Its the plain as day hypocrisy coming out of Trumps big mouth that gets me!! It doesn't bother me about Presidents getting out of DC to get away from the spotlight and just relax, no matter who it is! But when Trump claimed he would not leave DC like Obama did because he has too much work to do, I call Bulls....! He talks out of his arse all the time, and claims its the truth, when we all know its crap, from the get go!

Al Capone
Old 02-19-17, 05:09 PM   #1947
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
But when Trump claimed he would not leave DC like Obama did because he has too much work to do
When did he say that? Last I heard he was considering living in the White House only part time.

Old 02-19-17, 05:30 PM   #1948
Oberon
Lucky Jack

As he heads out for his 5th golf trip since becoming President, let's have a look at the Donalds opinion on golfing presidents:

Old 02-19-17, 05:32 PM   #1949
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What does any of that have to do with what I posted?
Just chiming in on your question to eddie.
Old 02-19-17, 05:40 PM   #1950
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/u...=top-news&_r=0
And so the story develops.

If I may quote mine:
"While there is nothing illegal about such unofficial efforts"

There are other interesting points in there. One wonders what Trump would do with Ukraine after getting the man screwed over by the current Ukrainian regime as his Secretary of State.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter