SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-13, 07:17 AM   #181
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyBeard View Post
Just recently re-installed SH3 after a couple of years absence. Really looking forward to installing your mod. The pics you posted are beautiful. I have a question though. I will be using this with GWX 3.0 and since this is a 20km environment mod should I not enable the 16km environment mod that comes with GWX?

PS: Thanks for all the work you put into this. Much appreciated!
hi GreyBeard,

whatever you do it doesn't matter as long you have enabled MEP last on your mod list ( MEP's files will overwrite all necessery files ).
thank you too for your kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanedin View Post
Trying to get this working with the new IXs mod, it seems that the snorkel well cover is somehow based on the sensors.dat? Can I pull the ranges out of the "M.E.P v4.2 - VisualSensors for GWX3" and call it a day or is there more that is determined in sensors.dat that I would have to work on?

hi Tanedin,
i am not sure that i understand you but i think you are talking about some conflicts on sensors.dat ,right ?
the tweaks i have made there are located only in the node-Visual (in case that you want to create compatible files)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepp von Ch. View Post
Silent Hunter VI? No, the magician makman has just done this great job!
thank you too, Sepp

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 01-10-14, 02:08 PM   #182
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Just Installed MEP 4.2 Updated to 4.3, it's my first time using this mod and all i can say is Wow

This Mod is now on my must have list.

Great job Makman94
Old 01-15-14, 12:48 AM   #183
Sokolov
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

This looks better then SH5 Env with mod. Or i mistakes?

Old 01-17-14, 07:55 PM   #184
wizardmatt
Helmsman

Downloads: 58

I'm returning to my SH3 installation after a break. I'm happy with my install, except that I want to swap out my current environment for this one =D However, I'm running into a conflict between this mod and hsie's .exe patcher. When I try and add the sensor pack sub-mod for MEP at the end of my load order, it will overwrite the Sensors.cfg from the hsie patch supplement mod. Indeed, in hsie's readme it says (1) that the supplement should be activated AFTER all other mods and (2) Sensors.cfg should be copied into the correct folder in the patch supplement and then amended with certain values that hsie recommends. So, my question is for the purposes of installing MEP, do I follow hsie's process as just described, or can I ignore this and install MEP's sensor pack over the top of the patch supplement? Whose values do I use, hsie's, MEP's, or MEP's amended with hsies recommended from his readme?

Thanks in advance, I'd really appreciate the help
Old 01-17-14, 08:39 PM   #185
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

maybe makman can comment but i would just uses the MEP sensor file for the super mod your using theres one for MEP GWX and one for MEP nygm....just put the sensor file you choose in HSies mod folder in the correct place. If HSie has made a MEP sensor file I would use that one.

EDIT
Im looking in Hsie;s V16b1 patch kit now, and i dont see a sensor.cfg file in there....are you sure?
Old 01-17-14, 10:40 PM   #186
wizardmatt
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
maybe makman can comment but i would just uses the MEP sensor file for the super mod your using theres one for MEP GWX and one for MEP nygm....just put the sensor file you choose in HSies mod folder in the correct place. If HSie has made a MEP sensor file I would use that one.

EDIT
Im looking in Hsie;s V16b1 patch kit now, and i dont see a sensor.cfg file in there....are you sure?
Thanks for the reply. And sorry, I added sensors.cfg to the supplement myself, using the same logic used for other components of the supplement, which confused me when I asked the original qustion lol. The sensors.cfg i edited was the deafult (GWX) one. Nonetheless, hsie's readme does recommend manually making adjustments to Sensors.cfg in order to effect the patch's Night Vision Fix. Quote from the patch readme:

"Recommended Crew Sensor Settings in data/cfg/Sensors.cfg (tentative values):
· Visual range factor = 0.5
· Visual fog factor = 1.02 (see below!)
· Visual light factor = 0.8"

As for MEP's supermod sensor sub-mod (I use GWX), the values it gives in sensors.cfg are different to those above. So I'm not sure whose values to use, MEP's or the hsie patch's. Thanks again o7
Old 01-18-14, 02:29 PM   #187
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

maybe someonelse can chirp in but i would use MEP GWX sensor file and you can adjust thee values hsie recommends if you like. Many people adjust these files to taste anyway, but i think the more critcal thing is that its been adjusted for the 20k envornment in mind
Old 01-18-14, 02:44 PM   #188
wizardmatt
Helmsman

Thanks for the further reply. Yes, what you suggest would make a lot of sense, especially when I remember MEPv4 being marketed as an environment which is designed to work with hsie's patch. Plus Makman worked on the Night Vision Fix IIRC. The 2 reasons I'm so keen to try this mod out, those and the eye candy =) I'll do as you suggest and use the MEPv4 values. Thanks for your help
Old 08-17-14, 08:57 PM   #189
Theodulus
Watch

Downloads: 56

Heya. I freakin' love this mod, but one thing is driving me nuts. After playing for a little while, particle effects start disappearing when being viewed from most camera angles. Say, if I place a burning ship in the corner of my camera, I can see smoke and fire. If I look directly at it, it all disappears. This is true with all particles. Anyone know what's up?

I'm pretty sure M.E.P. has something to do with it, but I'll keep messing with it to make sure.

Modlist if it helps:

GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX Turm Lights fix
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
TheDarkWraith_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_4_SH3
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi - Single Exhaust for TypeII
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
M.E.P v4.2
M.E.P v4.2 to v4.3
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v4.3
M.E.P v4.2 - VisualSensors for GWX3
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
Rbs5-EffectsLITE
ThomsenSea with SH4 Effects
Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
No Medals No Ranks On Crew For SH3GWXWS
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Old 08-17-14, 09:46 PM   #190
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Heya. I freakin' love this mod, but one thing is driving me nuts. After playing for a little while, particle effects start disappearing when being viewed from most camera angles. Say, if I place a burning ship in the corner of my camera, I can see smoke and fire. If I look directly at it, it all disappears. This is true with all particles. Anyone know what's up?

I'm pretty sure M.E.P. has something to do with it, but I'll keep messing with it to make sure.

Modlist if it helps:

GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX Turm Lights fix
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
M.E.P v4.2
M.E.P v4.2 to v4.3
Rbs5-EffectsLITE
Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3
I think you may have your mod order wrong. IIRC, the documentation says MEP, then MEP options, then Visual Sensors, then MEP 4.2 to 4.3. Dunno if that's your problem. If not, maybe Rbs5-LITE - WAG.

Yeah. Just found MEP4.3 and it's killer! You oughta see it at 1920x1080. SH3 as good as SH4!
Old 08-17-14, 10:10 PM   #191
Theodulus
Watch

@BigWalleye Just to double check I opened up the readme for 4.3 and this is the order given:

1. M.E.P v4.2 (absolutely required)
2. M.E.P v4.2 to v4.3 (this is updating the v4.2 to v4.3)
2. Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v4.3

I should have mentioned; I've tried MEP with and without SH4 Effects/SH4 Effects Lite. That doesn't seem to make any difference.

Dunno what's up Maybe I should fiddle around with my nVidia settings.
Old 08-18-14, 06:11 AM   #192
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
@BigWalleye Just to double check I opened up the readme for 4.3 and this is the order given:

1. M.E.P v4.2 (absolutely required)
2. M.E.P v4.2 to v4.3 (this is updating the v4.2 to v4.3)
2. Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v4.3

I should have mentioned; I've tried MEP with and without SH4 Effects/SH4 Effects Lite. That doesn't seem to make any difference.

Dunno what's up Maybe I should fiddle around with my nVidia settings.
You are correct. Somehow, between the readmes for 4.2 and 4.3, I got the order reversed.

Now I have to wait until I finish this patrol to unscrew mine.
Old 08-20-14, 03:55 PM   #193
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:

Modlist if it helps:

GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX Turm Lights fix
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1
M.E.P v4.2
M.E.P v4.2 to v4.3
Rbs5-EffectsLITE
Conus' SH3GWXWS 2.3
hello Theodulus,

...particles are disappearing when object is centered on screen...particles reapearring when object is places at side of screen.... looks more like a problem at your cameras.dat ( big angular angles to free or turm cameras can cause such side effects).
look at the following pics:

as you can see object is centered and all particles shows correctly so i would suggest you to disable whatever mod is altering your cameras.dat or even better run the game with only MEP enabled to see if the problem insist.
if not ,then there is your problem (at cameras.dat).
if insist, then i would look at nvidia settings etc

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 08-20-14, 10:32 PM   #194
Theodulus
Watch

Hey Makman, thanks for the tips. I've managed to recreate the problem without MEP finally, so it's not MEP specific. It took a while (It only happens when I've been out at sea for a time) but it looks like the particles are disappearing when I place them between the camera and the sun. I haven't had much time to mess around with it, though. Anyway, since it's not MEP specific, I'll stop talking about it here.
Old 08-27-14, 08:34 PM   #195
glassbottom
Swabbie

Downloads: 13

Brand new to these forums and Silent Hunter 3, but am glad I've found both of them.
I've been looking into mods for SH3, which I currently have outfitted with GWX gold, and Thomsen's sound.
The other 2 mods I'm interested in are both makman94 creations; M.E.P. and MagUI.

Regarding the installation of the M.E.P. files, do I simply extract them to the SH3 MOD folder?
Closed Thread