SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-11, 08:52 PM   #181
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Do-228 MP

Indonesian 737 MP

Coast Guard C-130

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-11, 09:05 AM   #182
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Old 01-25-11, 05:48 PM   #183
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 0

You guys make our mouths watering
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 09:42 AM   #184
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

That 737 is civil or military?

Scenarios where you have to find and kill an enemy before it shoots down a civil airplane scheduled for some time later, would make for some great gameplay
Old 01-26-11, 10:22 AM   #185
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post

Scenarios where you have to find and kill an enemy before it shoots down a civil airplane scheduled for some time later, would make for some great gameplay
That is a Maritime Patrol (Radar Recce) version of the 737 used by Indonesia. But I could make a civilian version of the plane and the model I based it on.

Old 01-26-11, 12:57 PM   #186
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post

Tossed this together between classes.

707 Civilian

Its just a generic livery.

Old 01-26-11, 02:25 PM   #187
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Cool!
Old 01-29-11, 10:15 AM   #188
dd149
Soundman

Besides new 3d models, could you give us a progress report for 3.11
Old 01-29-11, 11:14 AM   #189
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

LW says he's still working on the LWAMI 4 doctrines and they're on his "hot list."

I'm in the process of re-examining torpedo passive performance and passive source levels with the goal of making passive homing more advantageous against surface ships. I have an experimental DB with this all done, I'm just testing it to work out the kinks. This would compliment LWs work because the advanced doctrines would allow on-the-fly speed changes and even changes in acoustic modes for torpedoes on the wire.

All the new sonar profiles are done. These allow classification by power plant type and vessel size, so the clutter at the narrowband filter won't slow you down as much. The clutter has also been reduced a bit since there is a wider variety of tonals.

Civilian ships now come in 50 and 60 hz varieties, instead of just one or the other.

Visual source levels and detection curves have been rescaled so that visual detections by AI occur at about the same ranges they do for human players (or was that 3.10?).

Am I missing anything?
Old 01-29-11, 03:57 PM   #190
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Hey TLAM Strike.

I haven't been here for a good few months.

You have been very busy with making and finding models, they all look great nice job. Could I get a copy of all your models again so I can add them to Fleet Command please.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 03:42 AM   #191
dd149
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
LW says he's still working on the LWAMI 4 doctrines and they're on his "hot list."

I'm in the process of re-examining torpedo passive performance and passive source levels with the goal of making passive homing more advantageous against surface ships. I have an experimental DB with this all done, I'm just testing it to work out the kinks. This would compliment LWs work because the advanced doctrines would allow on-the-fly speed changes and even changes in acoustic modes for torpedoes on the wire.

All the new sonar profiles are done. These allow classification by power plant type and vessel size, so the clutter at the narrowband filter won't slow you down as much. The clutter has also been reduced a bit since there is a wider variety of tonals.

Civilian ships now come in 50 and 60 hz varieties, instead of just one or the other.

Visual source levels and detection curves have been rescaled so that visual detections by AI occur at about the same ranges they do for human players (or was that 3.10?).

Am I missing anything?
Well I can only say keep on the good work, it is due to the efforts of people like you that the game, initially just average , has improved a lot. Thanks for your efforts, if you need some testing, French community will be interested to hear how we can help.
Old 01-30-11, 04:55 AM   #192
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Thanks, I appreciate that.
Old 02-01-11, 10:51 AM   #193
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

impressive work to say the least !

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 03:18 PM   #194
gslice2120
Nub

Downloads: 0

Quick question regarding this mod. Is there going to be new controllable platforms with this release? or are we gonna have the same number as before?
gslice2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 04:45 PM   #195
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

LwAmi doesnt add new playable models - and most likely never will. However, as far as I am concerned (and those are strictly my 2cts on this issue) we dont need new playables.

Simple reason ... in the end all thats basically changed is the 3D model and maybe the odd station. Gameplay doesnt change because regardless if you are playing an OHP or for example a BREMEN class frigate or a P3 or a Nimrod the tactics and more or less the capabilities for each platform class stay basically the same.

DW is at its core an ASW simulator and not for example an AEGIS sim or a true flightsim, thus limiting whats possible in the game. Thats ok because thats what the game is designed to do. Trying to change that just doesnt work that well - if at all.

Now the game comes with 7 diferent platforms and its quite a feat to truly master one less alone all of them. And to be frank - whats really annoying in my eyes is when people come on say "hey I got the game for 2 weeks and I mastered all platforms - why arent there more and why the heck didnt they include XY platform ...?" I seriously doubt that those have even one platform down pat.

Anyway, Ill get off my soapbox now ...

Load LwAmi and take time to go through the first class manual (written by Molon Labe) its worth reading and you will need it to use all new capabilities.
Come back with further questions
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lwami