Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-11-21, 02:53 PM   #1921
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Don’t blame COVID. It was the conscience decision by people in power which eroded the work force. In fact there were many businesses particularly small business owners that wanted to stay open. But it was a decree [B](on lowering the chance of infection) not COVID (the infection) which told them they had to close up shop. The jobless soon discovered government unemployment benefits paid better than wages (that they could come closer to a living wage) and many did not return to the work force because of it (employers refusal to offer a living wage). To compete with the government freebies (tax money supported) some (many) corporations are now offering higher wages to entice the lazy to come back to work (higher wages that offer the worker a chance to experience the mere ability to live from paycheck to paycheck without having to juggle debt so much). Unfortunately even more small business may fail because they can’t (or won't) compete with a corporations ability to pay higher wages.

No more mom and pop stores it looks to me like one big corporate take over. Like the shade tree mechanic their days are numbered (typically, a shade tree mechanic isn't a career).
That was the weirdest advocation of a living wage I've read to date. But ...
Old 08-11-21, 04:04 PM   #1922
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Don’t blame COVID. It was the conscience decision by people in power which eroded the work force. In fact there were many businesses particularly small business owners that wanted to stay open. But it was a decree not COVID which told them they had to close up shop. The jobless soon discovered government unemployment benefits paid better than wages and many did not return to the work force because of it. To compete with the government freebies some corporations are now offering higher wages to entice the lazy to come back to work. Unfortunately even more small business may fail because they can’t compete with a corporations ability to pay higher wages.

No more mom and pop stores it looks to me like one big corporate take over. Like the shade tree mechanic their days are numbered.
So it is Trump's fault?
Because he listened to Fauci.
And Fauci is of course a communist trying to undermine the ECONOMY
I am slowly getting an idea how some Trumpers tick.

No, i really have no idea

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 09:17 AM   #1923
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
That was the weirdest advocation of a living wage I've read to date. But ...
Only thing is Im not for government controlling prices and wages. I am pro union and I wish people would form one where they can, its not against the law. Heck, I mention it at work now. But its weird when I ask, they’re ticked off with the hours and wages, really upset with how hard it is too make ends meet and constantly threatening to find another job that pays better. But then there they are the next day doing nothing but complaining again. If you ask me this is the perfect time to stir the pot and make demands of our corporate overlords.

Oh well,
Old 08-12-21, 02:45 PM   #1924
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

For all the Bidenettes and all you Cuomo brothers from other mother’s.

Guy gets away with killing 10,000 elderly in nursing homes and he gets to keep his job. But grope some women and has to exit stage left the next day. Says a lot about society I guess.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-12-21 at 03:12 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 03:39 PM   #1925
Arlo
The Old Man

Not the best bait ... but keep chucking it out there.

Old 08-12-21, 06:14 PM   #1926
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Andrew Cuomo resigns: He personifies abuse of power at the expense of the vulnerable.

The unborn, the elderly and women - depend on the powerful to use their strength to protect. Cuomo failed them all.

The hero of the Democrats and the liberal media actively opposed the advice of countless health experts and returned the covid positive elderly under his watch back to their nursing homes and to their and fellow residents’ certain deaths.

He then evaded efforts to accurately count the death toll in New York’s nursing homes. He instructed his staff to alter the numbers in the mandated reports that documented what exactly happened that turned the homes for New York most vulnerable population into COVID death factories.

But whats with this hey. With help from his brother at CNN he did get a 4 million dollar book deal out of it.

All those caring people who were supposed to care about people and care about caring of those who cared where did they go?

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-12-21 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-12-21, 07:10 PM   #1927
Arlo
The Old Man

Sorry, with it being obvious regarding those you admire, politically, morally and intellectually, I'd say you like to make divisive noise and that you'd rather scream than celebrate.
Old 08-12-21, 07:26 PM   #1928
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Sorry, with it being obvious regarding those you admire, politically, morally and intellectually, I'd say you like to make divisive noise and that you'd rather scream than celebrate.
Celebrate, huh? Celebrate Coumo and what he has done and then tried to cover it up? Or should we celebrate the fact how he got a 4 million dollar book deal out of it. I guess I could celebrate if I was drinking whatever it is you are.

What woke political catchphrase playbook are you using which told you ‘celebrate’ would be a good choice of words? Maybe it’s just me, but it just doesn’t seem a word anyone would voluntarily to use after such a crime has been exposed.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-12-21 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-12-21, 07:46 PM   #1929
Arlo
The Old Man

^Case in point.
Old 08-12-21, 08:04 PM   #1930
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Really that’s it? “case in point” then run off? If someone uses his god given right not to subject himself to an unknown vaccine you chastise him for not caring for others. But if someone calls out your hero who disregarded his science advisors ends up killing thousands of senior citizens then gun-decks the logbooks, he rapes women, and gets a 4 million dollar book deal out of it. The best you can come up with is how we should not be divisive and celebrate?

What Would Tribesman Do? This

Btw, anyone know if Tribesmen is still alive?

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-12-21 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-12-21, 08:32 PM   #1931
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Only thing is Im not for government controlling prices and wages. I am pro union and I wish people would form one where they can, its not against the law. Heck, I mention it at work now. But its weird when I ask, they’re ticked off with the hours and wages, really upset with how hard it is too make ends meet and constantly threatening to find another job that pays better. But then there they are the next day doing nothing but complaining again. If you ask me this is the perfect time to stir the pot and make demands of our corporate overlords.

Oh well,
The issue with unions is that they're now more about political action committees than about looking out for their rank-and-file. That, and union leadership and management to often go along to get along or union leadership is corrupt and/or incompetent.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 08:44 PM   #1932
Arlo
The Old Man

I'm still here and you rely on presumption.
Old 08-12-21, 08:53 PM   #1933
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I'm still here and you rely on presumption.
I’m happy for you now go have fun celebrating like good little party propagandist.
Old 08-12-21, 09:53 PM   #1934
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Meanwhile, back at the secret compound in Montana, the miraculous plan to overturn the 2020 presidential election and 'reinstate" the turd that never was in "state" remains silent. Where is this unconstitutional action to preserve the constitution?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 09:59 PM   #1935
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
I’m happy for you now go have fun celebrating like good little party propagandist.
I understand your need to project as much as your need to exaggerate. I'm a cold war U.S. vet but someone much like you (on a different game forum)
felt the need to call me a communist simply because I didn't think he deserved to be taken seriously.