SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-03-11, 03:17 PM   #1861
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 276
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
the pocket will always be full of ...holes !
You are so right shipmate

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 05:07 PM   #1862
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

It pays to build yourself and its not that hard.I even taught my retarded brother how.I can't,I can't,I do not have the brains and on and on and on.Then he finally tries and now builds his own.....though being retarded he builds awful computers though.Went over his house once and found he pimped out his PC with lAzERs and floodlights and to top it all off bullet holes across the side like if someone opened fire with machine gun........

Makman,tweak it if you can.I burnt out on it due to such little pleasure for constant loading and reloading to notice the tiniest difference.Its not like I am building new beautiful GUI's or Uboats etc.Its just a WOW the boat drops a wee bit faster.......or does it.Just need a break I guess.Funny that I loaded up Stalker last night and downloaded a top of the line mod for it.The first thing I did when I started is notice all its faults.The weapon looks off,the character wobbling like mad,the fullscreen scope,the standing next to a guy exchanging bullets till one of us dropped.I had to uninstall right there or risk starting up a new mod.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 02:37 PM   #1863
Yamato_NF
King of the Ocean

Downloads: 621

Anymore eyecandy for us all to drool at hans?
i cant wait for this peice of work to go Alpha!
ill be all over it!

greetz from SH4 Works,
Yamato_NF

"He who controls the seas controls the world."
Yamato_NF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 08:11 PM   #1864
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato_NF View Post
Anymore eyecandy for us all to drool at hans?
i cant wait for this peice of work to go Alpha!
ill be all over it!

greetz from SH4 Works,
Yamato_NF

Hi mate,

Here a little teaser on the new ocean for U-BOOT_HAHD and thank for encouraging our work we need that to push ourselves to the limit.

Finally after almost a week of testing every possible combinations i did achieve the look i was after and it was no ride in the park!

I had to think outside the box for this one because the parameters we have for reflective materials in our 3d software is not related at all with the reflective materials in SH3 so i tried thinking in reversed mode.

First everything had to work in combination like the reflex_Atlantic.tga i did a lot of blending in paint program to achieve a very subtle effect almost invisible to the eyes in the program but that was the key to avoid too much flickering in SH3.

After that i crank the FresnelCoe to high value and raised the reflection distorsion to brake the pattern from showing on top of breakink wave and to finish i adjust clouds reflexion to get this :

I am totally satisfy with this kind of ocean for SH3 with stock shader i will adjust it further a bit but this one truly work and have zero impact on frame rate.

Edit: I forgot to mention that i forced my antialias setting to 4xx on video card.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 09:06 PM   #1865
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Finally after almost a week of testing every possible combinations i did achieve the look i was after and it was no ride in the park!
Nice effort, I like the look. Something more to look forward to!
Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 09:10 PM   #1866
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Looks good

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 01:21 AM   #1867
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Top Notch
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 01:52 AM   #1868
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Hi mate,

Here a little teaser on the new ocean for U-BOOT_HAHD and thank for encouraging our work we need that to push ourselves to the limit.

I had to think outside the box for this one because the parameters we have for reflective materials in our 3d software is not related at all with the reflective materials in SH3 so i tried thinking in reversed mode.

First everything had to work in combination like the reflex_Atlantic.tga i did a lot of blending in paint program to achieve a very subtle effect almost invisible to the eyes in the program but that was the key to avoid too much flickering in SH3.

After that i crank the FresnelCoe to high value and raised the reflection distorsion to brake the pattern from showing on top of breakink wave and to finish i adjust clouds reflexion to get this :

I am totally satisfy with this kind of ocean for SH3 with stock shader i will adjust it further a bit but this one truly work and have zero impact on frame rate.

Edit: I forgot to mention that i forced my antialias setting to 4xx on video card.

Best regards Hans
Looks very nice Hans !
Can´t wait to see it in my game...

Best regards,
Magic
Old 08-05-11, 05:14 AM   #1869
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Hi mate,

Here a little teaser on the new ocean for U-BOOT_HAHD ...
Best regards Hans

Not bad, i think.
Did you increased the detail of reflection for Sky objects in WaterReflection controllers?
Hans, plz, show the water from a height of 200 m and 500 m.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 10:19 AM   #1870
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post

Not bad, i think.
Did you increased the detail of reflection for Sky objects in WaterReflection controllers?
Hans, plz, show the water from a height of 200 m and 500 m.

Hi Anvart,

No i didn't change anything in waterReflection controller only crank up the cloud reflexion to 0.7 instead of 0.3 stock to balanced the effect of cranking the FresnelCoe to 19 instead of 5 stock.

The FresnelCoe occluded the reflexion a bit so i compensated with higher reflexion.

I also tried the method you told me with another smaller skydome inside and this was looking promising but i found out it was occluding the reflex_Atlantic.tga and i tried many solutions like flipping the normals etc to no avail.

The key to make it work was the reflection distorsion.

I will post your request for 200 m and 500 but with the way the camera is scaling the reflex_Atlantic.tga this could look strange i didn't make test very high in the sky but normally we are not supposed to be playing at that altitude eh!

Best regards Hans

Old 08-05-11, 10:37 AM   #1871
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Hi shipmates,

I have 2 very interesting pm in my mail box from a German modder who did work on some mod for sh4 but unfortunately for me i don't understand enough German to answer him back, i can easily read what he write with translator but do you think translating my bad English to German in a translator will be clear enough for him to understand?

He want to collaborate to U-BOOT_HAHD and he seem talented.

How do you correctly say i don't speak German?

Best regards Hans

Old 08-05-11, 10:47 AM   #1872
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

^ Maestro, try this:

"Ich spreche kein Deutsch!"

Should you need more give us a holler!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 11:44 AM   #1873
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default To Anvart

Hi Anvart,

Here are the screen at 300 and 500 m

300 m

500 m

Take note the banding effect is only related to the jpeg compression in game there is no banding effect at all.

Best regards Hans

Old 08-05-11, 03:29 PM   #1874
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Hi Anvart,
I also tried the method you told me with another smaller skydome inside and this was looking promising but i found out it was occluding the ...
Best regards Hans

This additional object should be the same as SkyColor object... only it must be invisible ... and it shall have the right balance of completely transparent background and of images of spots/foam in the two materials Type2 and Type13 (one texture)...
... and note, in EnvSim controller (scene.dat) for some of the sun angles, parameter SkyTextureIndex = -1... ie, the water surface color is determined by parameters of EnvColors user data only (EnvColors_ ***. dat)... Sky-color/reflex textures are not used in this case (-1 means no texture at this position).
... and mind you, when sky is such a bright, water can't be such a dark... as on your screens.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 08-05-11 at 04:17 PM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 04:50 PM   #1875
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Hans,first off I am confused....aren't you from Germany.Second is the water looks great.Third is did you tweak the land reflections any??????
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote