SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-12, 01:05 PM   #1846
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Sounds like you didn't started a new campaign

EDIT: first mission is Baltic Operations

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 01:21 PM   #1847
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
I installed the OH II full v2... i have 2 quest.:
2) i am in the costal waters campaign.. here i chosed my first patroll: EASTERN BRITSH COSTAL WATERS - i do not have anny tonage request - just to patrol that area - it is ok?
This is how Trevally has set the new objectives from v2: no longer tonnage requests
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 01:24 PM   #1848
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Sounds like you didn't started a new campaign

EDIT: first mission is Baltic Operations
I modified the cfg to eject that mission for purpose because i do not like
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 01:25 PM   #1849
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
This is how Trevally has set the new objectives from v2: no longer tonnage requests
And he eliminate the bouys from full version of the mod?.. i saw some whales in the pictures.. he puted whales in the mod?
Old 08-18-12, 01:35 PM   #1850
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
And he eliminate the bouys from full version of the mod?.. i saw some whales in the pictures.. he puted whales in the mod?
No idea about buoys, it might depend on the version you have installed (full, base or light).

If you are using the full version, or the base version + the new units submod, you should be able to see the recently added whales. But only in the right places and at the right times.

The closest spot for watching them should be along the nord western coasts of Scotland and Ireland, during the summery months.

See here

Old 08-18-12, 01:56 PM   #1851
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
No idea about buoys, it might depend on the version you have installed (full, base or light).

If you are using the full version, or the base version + the new units submod, you should be able to see the recently added whales. But only in the right places and at the right times.

The closest spot for watching them should be along the nord western coasts of Scotland and Ireland, during the summery months.

See here
I found the buoys (in the mod) and in the game too... about the whales i want to ask trevally.. i know for sure that when i wanted to put whalles in game for zedy i had problems because they were made like ''uboats'' and when u spot them u will have ctd all the time.. in that time we were not able to solve that problem (was the same problem like tdw, privater& CO solved for the hydro for uboats long time ago).
Old 08-18-12, 03:57 PM   #1852
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Do you mean that aircrfat should keep away from U-boats when they have just gun ammo left?
I am pretty sure that IRAI is making planes to return to base and to avoid further engegements when they are out of ammo at all. We should ask TDW if he can modify their behaviour according to your suggestion...
Yes, and mostly for fighters with machineguns. It is extremely unbelievable that in 1939 the U-boat could take serious hull-damage and went to bottom after a pair of early Hurricanes (Mk-IIA) will make 3 attacks circles on it

As for the 20mm> plane guns - they were more effective ofcourse, but the ammo amount was limited also. Personally I've never faced the historical proovements that they were widely used by fighters specially for basting the boats and fighters without bombs rushed for attack on U-boat 'till the last shell' and got success on destroing it completely.
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 04:49 PM   #1853
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Yes, and mostly for fighters with machineguns. It is extremely unbelievable that in 1939 the U-boat could take serious hull-damage and went to bottom after a pair of early Hurricanes (Mk-IIA) will make 3 attacks circles on it

As for the 20mm> plane guns - they were more effective ofcourse, but the ammo amount was limited also. Personally I've never faced the historical proovements that they were widely used by fighters specially for basting the boats and fighters without bombs rushed for attack on U-boat 'till the last shell' and got success on destroing it completely.
Okay, thank you Vlad,

personally I doubt like you that a fighter would have taken any action against an U-boat other than reporting its position: their main purpose was patrolling operation areas and ensuring air superiority.

Anyway afaik we cannot have different AI for different aircraft types and, most important, we should distingish between aircraft behaviour and armament.

Preventing planes from attacking when they have no other weapon left than their guns, wouldn't prevent them to cause heavy damage with their guns while they are approaching us with their load of torpedoes and bombs still aboard. On the other hand, reducing the damage done by their shells wouldn't prevent them from using their gun, even when they have no bombs left, making them easy targets.

Thi is to say that any change to plane guns shuld go together with appropriate changes to their AI, and vice versa.

Before venturing ourselves in those changes, we should be sure about the truthfulness of our assumptions. I would start with a serious survey on the web or everywhere else about guns, ammo loadouts, firepower, rate of fire, etc. of the aircraft featured in game.

I also insist on my pevious question: has anyone tested Wamphyri's Plane Mod? We risk to waste our time on something that was already done.
Old 08-18-12, 05:50 PM   #1854
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Before venturing ourselves in those changes, we should be sure about the truthfulness of our assumptions. I would start with a serious survey on the web or everywhere else about guns, ammo loadouts, firepower, rate of fire, etc. of the aircraft featured in game. - , I'll do the same in our segment of I-net

I also insist on my pevious question: has anyone tested Wamphyri's Plane Mod? We risk to waste our time on something that was already done. - the download link is dead, and it already was before I joined the Subsim I quess
Thanks a lot Gap (see in yellow)
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 06:40 PM   #1855
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I'll do the same in our segment of I-net
Excellent!

Quote:
the download link is dead, and it already was before I joined the Subsim I quess
Wamphyri's Plane Mod reuploaded here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?p=1923123
Old 08-19-12, 12:52 PM   #1856
LMD
Cap'n

Downloads: 340

Have a little question - should I always type "silentotto" at the beginning of a campaign or it's just optional?
Will I be able to play any futher campaigns after The Coastal Waters without "silentotto"?
Thanks in advance
LMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 01:08 PM   #1857
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Have a little question - should I always type "silentotto" at the beginning of a campaign or it's just optional?
Will I be able to play any futher campaigns after The Coastal Waters without "silentotto"?
Thanks in advance
Nope.. You could play any campaign using silentotto only..
Without silentotto the Happy Times only (after Coastal Waters)..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 01:09 PM   #1858
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Thanks in advance
"silentotto" is just a cheat used by devs (and by Trevally ) for testing single parts of the campaign without having to go through it.

You can use the same trick, but if you want to play the campaign normally you are not forced to do it.
Old 08-19-12, 11:08 PM   #1859
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

hmm... Worked based on sober's mod list. Some I removed, added speach recognition and TDW DC Water disturbances..

For some odd reason, even though following the instructions, can't load out of the bunker, after starting a new campaign and skipping the tutorial. The first load of the campaign in bunker loads fine, but when I save it, exit and try to reload: CTD in the middle of the loading.

TDWs DBViewer ends with this:
Code:
[7000] ..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\P4ws\massgate-MAIN\massgate\uplay_pc\2.0\live\shared\libs\services\src\services\OrbitSavegameIO.cpp(178) : Failed to read header for save C:/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/savegames/40fe7cde-c019-48d8-ac2f-7ed2ff0d169c/3/2.save
[7000] ..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\P4ws\massgate-MAIN\massgate\uplay_pc\2.0\live\shared\libs\services\src\services\OrbitSavegameIO.cpp(178) : Failed to read header for save C:/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/savegames/40fe7cde-c019-48d8-ac2f-7ed2ff0d169c/3/3.save
[5788] orbit\helpers\SpawnedBase.cpp (194): Client did not connect within 2 minutes. Shutting down OSI.
[2364] TDWDestroyedMarks: Page set 
[2364] TDWDestroyedMarks: SaveName=11 
[2364] TDWDestroyedMarks: SaveLocationDate=19 August 2012, 19:02 
[2364] TDWDestroyedMarks: SaveMissionName=COASTAL WATERS 
[2364] TDWDestroyedMarks: SaveUserProfile=Arturo Ertzik 
[2364] TDWDestroyedMarks: Parameters valid=True 
[2364] CTrackTag::Flush(): Could not send tag! 
[5688] SH_ServerOrbitProtocol.cpp (111): Failed to read packet from client.
[7000] ..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\P4ws\massgate-MAIN\massgate\uplay_pc\2.0\live\shared\libs\services\src\services\EndAfterGameReportJob.cpp(51) : Start did not complete successfully.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 02:12 PM   #1860
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

ignore above. Fixed that, even though still not sure wth was that.

But atm I'm having another problem - except for leaving Keil, I haven't seen a single ship in the baltic (doing the first mission in the coastal campaign) - neither visual nor hydrophone. Have spent nearly 3 weeks of game time trying to pick at least smth uop, but all for nothing. Is it nornal or am i still glitching?? And is there a way to check?
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii