Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-20, 12:32 PM   #1846
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Russia's Putin postpones vote on constitutional change allowing him to stay in power, due to virus.
Newspaper: Bird lands on park bench. Putin gives himself another term.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 01:19 PM   #1847
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

New 15-minute home test kits for coronavirus will be made available to the British public within days, said a Public Health England (PHE) director.

Thousands of tests will be sold in chemists such as Boots or delivered by Amazon to people with symptoms who are self-isolating as soon as next week.

Professor Sharon Peacock, director of the national infection service at PHE, told MPs on the science and technology committee once the tests are cleared, they will be “distributed to the community”.

Matt Hancock, the health secretary, said the government bought millions of the tests on Tuesday and is ordering millions more.

The antibody test involves pricking a finger and analysing a drop of blood in a device that looks like a pregnancy test. It will only tell the person if they have had Covid-19, not if they currently have it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9424741.html

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 01:20 PM   #1848
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Seems like the Danish government have read some of my post here on our forums and my comments among my friends on FB.

From a Danish news paper
(translated via google translate)

Start of translated Danish article

The government wants an urgent bill to tighten the penalties for crimes based on the corona epidemic.

This was announced by Justice Minister Nick Hekkerup during Wednesday's press briefing.

"We have recently seen emerging evidence that criminals are taking advantage of the vulnerable situation we are in. We have seen trick thefts and we have seen thefts from hospitals where handguns and other protective equipment have been stolen. Finally, we have received a number of allegations of fraud with a coronavirus background, ”says Justice Minister Nick Hekkerup.

The Government will therefore strengthen penalties for those who for example is stealing protective equipment or hand alcohol from hospitals or individuals who exploit corona fear like trick thefts. The theft of protective equipment has previously triggered a fine. It will now trigger a prison sentence.

In addition, with the emergency law, the government will raise the penalty by up to four times if a company, for example. cheats with the aid packages prepared by the Parliament, the Minister of Justice informed

"Punishment is also about to mark the societal rejection of actions. When we find that someone is abusing the situation to enrich themselves, we would like to highlight that we as a society are distancing ourselves from it, "Nick Hekkerup says to the question of whether stricter penalties will apply to criminals who exploit the corona- epidemic.

End of translated Danish article

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 01:28 PM   #1849
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I would like to add to the above public service announcement of useful tips for the potential treatment of COVID-19.

Chloroquine developed by pharmaceutical companies and prescribed by doctors: GOOD

Chloroquine you get at the pet store for fish: BAD

Don't be an idiot READ THE LABEL
Yea. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be cruel or make light of a sad situation, but I have a feeling that the poor couple probably lived as long as they did by sheer good fortune.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 02:10 PM   #1850
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 276

Quote:
New 15-minute home test kits for coronavirus will be made available to the British public within days, said a Public Health England (PHE) director.

Thousands of tests will be sold in chemists such as Boots or delivered by Amazon to people with symptoms who are self-isolating as soon as next week.

Professor Sharon Peacock, director of the national infection service at PHE, told MPs on the science and technology committee once the tests are cleared, they will be “distributed to the community”.

Matt Hancock, the health secretary, said the government bought millions of the tests on Tuesday and is ordering millions more.

The antibody test involves pricking a finger and analysing a drop of blood in a device that looks like a pregnancy test. It will only tell the person if they have had Covid-19, not if they currently have it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9424741.html
Sweet geezus, another stampede is predicted. We can't get paracetamol, how is this gonna work ????
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 02:29 PM   #1851
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The sting in the tail...

Quote:
It will only tell the person if they have had Covid-19, not if they currently have it

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 02:47 PM   #1852
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Quote:
The sting in the tail...
Well that's helpful, Oooh I think I had death......... no your ok kid!
Old 03-25-20, 03:04 PM   #1853
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

^That will not mean a thing to these mindless fools guys, they will grab anything.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 03:47 PM   #1854
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
The sting in the tail...

Considering the symptoms I had the other day, the test for antibodies is the one I'd like to take. If it showed positive I'm immune and I could get back to work. If not, I guess I'll just have to go for a walk, kayak, or play video games for a little while longer. To be honest I've faced worse I'm tempted to seek it out and get it over with so I can get on with life.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 03:53 PM   #1855
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

How secure is it that someone who overcame the infection is not contagious anymore?
I mean being immune still means carrying the virus, if subdued by the own immunosystem.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 04:12 PM   #1856
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

From what I've heard under normal circumstance if you were once infected and are now 'cured'. You are not only immune but also no longer a walking contagion. However the question remains just how long your immunity would last.

Old 03-25-20, 04:14 PM   #1857
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

There is an issue in antibody tests. The body needs around 10 days, roughly to form antibodies to Covid 19. If you do the test in this time, the result will be negative, while in fact you are positive. You then live in the belief of being healthy, and behave accordingly - while in fact you are infectous.

Think.
Old 03-25-20, 04:20 PM   #1858
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
There is an issue in antibody tests. The body needs around 10 days, roughly to form antibodies to Covid 19. If you do the test in this time, the result will be negative, while in fact you are positive. You then live in the belief of being healthy, and behave accordingly - while in fact you are infectous.

Think.
Interesting Sky.

Here we are hearing if you get the symptoms go ISO for 7 to 14 days depending. So based on what your saying we need at least 3 weeks to be sure, right?
Old 03-25-20, 04:27 PM   #1859
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Think.

I was speaking for myself, not too long ago I went to the grocer. About 4-5 days later I got what think was a fever, then slight nasal congestion which moved to my upper chest area. When it moved down to the chest thats what began to freak me out. Breathing wasn't labored, dry cough and no trouble filling my lungs. But the upper chest and bronchi felt heavy, something wasn't right. Had that sensation for about two and half days and it just went away. That's my reason for wanting to take an anti-body test. The whole ordeal from grocer to end of weirdness was about 11 days

Just an FYI all my life people I know have marveled at my health. When others are sick out with the flu or cold I just breeze through with mild symptoms, if any, like nothing happened. < knocks on wood > Must be those Scandinavian genes

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-25-20 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-25-20, 04:56 PM   #1860
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Default And the Rich try to get Richer

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan