Closed Thread

Old 02-15-17, 08:46 PM   #1846
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
You do realise that this "dossier" was, ehem, made up slander?

If he did he won't admit it.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-15-17, 08:56 PM   #1847
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
We survived Bush, we survived Obama, I am sure we can survive Trump. I have to believe that our country is stronger than any one person.
Oh God yes, it's not the presidency that'll screw up America, it's everything else. The presidency is just really a figurehead for all the problems that the country has, ultimately no-one knows how to fix it.
Old 02-15-17, 09:44 PM   #1848
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Oh God yes, it's not the presidency that'll screw up America, it's everything else. The presidency is just really a figurehead for all the problems that the country has, ultimately no-one knows how to fix it.
It's been 205 years since we had the redcoats in Washington DC for a BBQ, maybe we should invite them over again.
Old 02-15-17, 10:15 PM   #1849
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
It's been 205 years since we had the redcoats in Washington DC for a BBQ, maybe we should invite them over again.
Not even....

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-15-17, 10:33 PM   #1850
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Not even....
Not even 1 musket among them.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-16-17, 12:01 AM   #1851
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Not even 1 musket among them.
Budget cuts, you know how it is.
Old 02-16-17, 05:50 AM   #1852
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^

is this sign at the upper left in the picture a subtle hint?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-16-17, 10:18 AM   #1853
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I think those 'redcoats' are members of the United States Army Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps. I've seen them play here before, pretty impressive...

Note that Congress authorized the monuement and construction began nearly one hundred years later. Some things about our government just never change.
Old 02-16-17, 11:58 AM   #1854
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...5fc_story.html
Interesting stuff.
Old 02-16-17, 01:48 PM   #1855
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
This is crediting Trump with effectiveness that remains to be fully proven, bearing in mind this is a guy who declared bankruptcy four times and still refuses to release his tax details.
question: What insight are you looking to glean from Trumps tax returns that you don't already know or think you know? The guy has over 140 companies in 25 countries (not including the U.S). That fact right there tells me he probably has some firm do his taxes, and the closest he gets to the information it contains is when his assistant tells him where to sign it.

BTW, it was 6 bankruptcies, not 4. These were not personal Bankruptcies but Trump was the lead investor of those companies. (he owned the majority stock in those businesses)
Quote:
So far the chaos in the White House has yet to have any real noticable beneficial effects, rather it seems to undermine him at every turn by providing his enemies with plentiful ammunition to use against him. His twitter account alone is a goldmine of stuff for pundits, analysts and political opponents. Trump is not so much shooting himself in the foot, he's getting an assault rifle, putting it on full-auto and unloading on his foot.
His management style is not improving his administration it is undermining it.
Can you elaborate? I'm not sure I'm following your line of thought. I haven't seen any major missteps yet. I've been looking through Sean Spicer's press briefings and haven't noticed any major gaffs or evasions.
Old 02-16-17, 02:24 PM   #1856
Oberon
Lucky Jack

It's a case of transparency, for the past forty years Presidents have released their tax returns for the sake of openness, but not the Donald. I have no idea what might be in them, but judging by how tight-fisted he's been it probably isn't anything that would reflect well on him.

As for the latter, well here's some Presidential wisdom:

Quote:
Just leaving Florida. Big crowds of enthusiastic supporters lining the road that the FAKE NEWS media refuses to mention. Very dishonest!
Quote:
SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!
Quote:
Sen. McCain should not be talking about the success or failure of a mission to the media. Only emboldens the enemy! He's been losing so long he doesn't know how to win anymore, just look at the mess our country is in - bogged down in conflict all over the place.
Quote:
Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election.
Quote:
The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!
Quote:
Somebody with aptitude and conviction should buy the FAKE NEWS and failing @nytimes and either run it correctly or let it fold with dignity!
I wonder if someone has calculated how much time of his presidency he has spent attacking the media.

Oh, and one more gem, hot off the press:

Old 02-16-17, 02:51 PM   #1857
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:

Oh, and one more gem, hot off the press:
I just watched the press conference live. It was a masterful performance. Trump is a natural in these free wheeling events, he picks reporters at random, answers all questions, knows all the issues and has a great sense of humour.

Of course, the MSM is already twisting the coverage and focusing on minor, irrelevant, nit picky details, but that is why their reputation is about on par with used car salesmen at the moment.

Here is one of the better clips:

Old 02-16-17, 03:22 PM   #1858
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
I just watched the press conference live. It was a masterful performance.

Old 02-16-17, 03:31 PM   #1859
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
It's a case of transparency, for the past forty years Presidents have released their tax returns for the sake of openness, but not the Donald. I have no idea what might be in them, but judging by how tight-fisted he's been it probably isn't anything that would reflect well on him.

Transparency? I wonder, why should I care whether 'you' dont have any idea whats in the tax return of a sitting U.S. president His tax returns just as every other American citizen is their own business and private information. The only ones making it your business is the press and you. And neither of you count for jack squat. Someone could see my returns and get a good laugh. Revealing his could lead to his financial ruin. My advice is butt out and mind your own business in regards to peoples private information.

But if you must know ask Putin he probably already knows more than anyone.
Old 02-16-17, 03:48 PM   #1860
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

interesting take on the current obsession with labeling Trump as a Nazi:

Quote:
Be Careful What You Wish For (especially if it is Hitler)

As a trained persuader, I’m seeing a dangerous situation forming that I assume is invisible to most of you. The setup is that during the presidential campaign Trump’s critics accused him of being Hitler(ish) and they were sure other citizens would see it too, thus preventing this alleged monster from taking office.

They were wrong. The alleged monster took office.

Now you have literally millions of citizens in the United States who were either right about Trump being the next Hitler, and we will see that behavior emerge from him soon, or they are complete morons. That’s a trigger for cognitive dissonance. The science says these frightened folks will start interpreting all they see as Hitler behavior no matter how ridiculous it might seem to the objective observer. And sure enough, we are seeing that.

To be fair, Trump made it easy this week with his temporary immigration ban. If you assume Trump is Hitler, that fits with your hypothesis. But of course it also fits the hypothesis that he’s just doing his job. We’re all seeing what we expect to see.

But lately I get the feeling that Trump’s critics have evolved from expecting Trump to be Hitler to preferring it. Obviously they don’t prefer it in a conscious way. But the alternative to Trump becoming Hitler is that they have to live out the rest of their lives as confirmed morons. No one wants to be a confirmed moron. And certainly not after announcing their Trump opinions in public and demonstrating in the streets. It would be a total embarrassment for the anti-Trumpers to learn that Trump is just trying to do a good job for America. It’s a threat to their egos. A big one.
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1565403...ially-if-it-is

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 02-16-17 at 04:40 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter