Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-22, 06:10 PM   #1816
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Well according to some unconfirmed reports, there is some kind of "resistance" even in the FSB. So everything is possible.
Old 03-05-22, 06:59 PM   #1817
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

Here in the UK we have enough gas underground to keep us going for 50 years AND to sell. Also the Irish Sea had a very large supply. Bloody politicians, pocketing money from gas suppliers abroad.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 03-05-22, 07:20 PM   #1818
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

There is also the need to keep a domestic strategic reserve for national security. Better to buy foreign oil to some degree than risk losing that reserve.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 03-05-22, 11:38 PM   #1819
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Seen clips of this man on the news, sort of chosen parts, and sure several of you have watched it. It's interesting he was so right on many of the issues, but he really got it wrong saying basically, "If NATO wanted to wreck Russia, just get Russia to Invade Ukraine, but Putin is way too smart to do that" Rather Putin took Crimea and would keep wrecking the east with civil war, but never invade as he as. Course he stated if he was wrong and Putin did invade Ukraine it would put him in a lose lose and you don't want a nuclear power in a lose lose.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-05-22, 11:42 PM   #1820
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

We just went thru what was presented to us as 1918, and now it feels like we're entering 1914.
Old 03-06-22, 12:08 AM   #1821
tmccarthy
Admiral

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Sad but true. If there is a weak spot to capitalism, it's this.

If there is a weak spot to democracy, it's that the democracies allowed whole swaths of the earth and billions of people to exist within dictatorships and totalitarian regimes.
I caught this earlier today. "Inside Edition"? I don't know you... Heard Joe Rogan mention the book (War is a Racket by Gen. Smedley Butler) a couple weeks ago, downloaded not read yet.

Last edited by tmccarthy; 03-06-22 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-06-22, 12:19 AM   #1822
tmccarthy
Admiral

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 16

↓ I've noticed John Mearsheimer this week. He also has an interesting lecture "Why Leaders Lie" that I'll link over in INTERESTING.

Old 03-06-22, 02:09 AM   #1823
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Ukrainian Maxim gun in action!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.

Last edited by August; 03-06-22 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-06-22, 06:37 AM   #1824
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

How Western Elites Exploit Ukraine

https://unherd.com/2022/03/how-weste...ploit-ukraine/

Quote:
This is the fake, performative, and internationalist nationalism of the American elite class: they use emotional triggers to rally the people behind the flag of the state in the name of lofty humanitarian causes which mask their own self-importance and narcissistic greatness. In fact, the systematic and periodic milking of tragedy to sow mass hysteria and manufacture support for the liberal imperium and its rulers has become the modus operandi in Washington. The consequence is not only further empowerment of the martial state, but also the enabling and even the ennobling of America’s war machine.
Quote:
The point is that this tragedy was entirely predictable and avoidable. We invited (if not compelled) conflict with our politics of intrigue and meddling in Eastern Europe, our disregard for Moscow’s security interests, and our moral grandstanding over items like Nato’s eastward expansion, Ukrainian neutrality, and demilitarisation. Any seasoned diplomat of the Cold War would be left utterly mystified. This was and remains political and strategic malpractice.
Quote:
When all roads lead to interventionism and war, pause, think, and consider how we got to where we are. Ask yourself who designed this dystopian city of lies and to what purpose — before it is too late.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-06-22, 06:46 AM   #1825
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

This ^ implies that the West provoked, triggered Putin'S behaviour, But I think he would have gone after the Ukraine anyway, sooner or later. Have not always thought this way, but now I do.

That tells something about the need to stop him NOW, in the ukraine. Because I now think he will not stop there. He does what he says, and he has said what he will do with the Ukraine. And he said what he wants to achieve beyond that. And that can only be achieved by attacking more countries. Even NATO countries.

The long era of peace in Europe is over. It was a nice - and for European standards: unique - stay, and now it has come to its end.

Living in Europe and Germany, I cannot like this, but I am realist, at least I try to be one.

This war will not end with just the Ukraine. A few already have understood this. Most still have not. Took me some time as well, yes. But ther essence of this desaster must be learned: its just the beginning if Putin is not stopped in the Ukraine. He will onyl be encouraged, and will escalate.

Truth beignt old, world war 3 rages already since one and a half decade, with non-conventional means that aim at destabilsing our states and societies, erode them from within, distracting them, helping them to lull themselves deeper and deeper into learned helplessness, taking over our policy-making processes, corrupting our "elites", disrupting our opinion forming processes and media. On a few occaisons over the years I called all these hostile acts and even "acts of warfare", and at those opportunities maybe did not really realise myself the full reach of my words. And these Russian actions are this, and nothing else: acts of war against the West. Putin'S war against the West has begun already over one and a half decade ago. Think of these acts and years as preparatory bombardements.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-06-22 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-06-22, 07:23 AM   #1826
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
This ^ implies that the West provoked, triggered Putin'S behaviour, But I think he would have gone after the Ukraine anyway, sooner or later. Have not always thought this way, but now I do.
Call it provoked if you want. The question you need to ask is, who is going to benefit from this war? Not you or I. Not the Russian or Ukrainian people. And if the same people who will benefit from it are now cheerleading it on I think it is safe to say that everyone including Putin is being played. War means suffering for some and profit for others. Been that way for a long time. We in the West watch as our leaders paint themselves into a corner and then clap like trained seals when those same leaders start moralizing and manipulating public opinion. It is so clearly a replay of GW Bush's Iraq incursion. Different actors, same movie. Profits must and will be maximized. The real enemy is the Washington based Neocon war lobby and the producers of the means of war. And those people are smiling.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-06-22, 08:09 AM   #1827
Red Devil
The Old Man

Firstly, I have no idea if this is true, but it was on one news channel.

Someone in Moscow leaked that Putin has bowel cancer. It could be true, he has been spouting **** for ages.

We can only pray to the heavens that this is true.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 03-06-22, 08:23 AM   #1828
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Firstly, I have no idea if this is true, but it was on one news channel.

Someone in Moscow leaked that Putin has bowel cancer. It could be true, he has been spouting **** for ages.

We can only pray to the heavens that this is true.
I do not wish any person good or bad to suffer from Cancer...it's terrible thing.

A person who is considering taking their life or people who is very close to death can very well decide to take others with them into the death.

Many years ago a terror hit Helsingfors(Capitol of Finland)It turned out it was a Finnish man who decided to commit suicide and take as many with him in his effort to do so.

So maybe Putin has decided to take as many with him...

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 03-06-22, 08:25 AM   #1829
Red Devil
The Old Man

good points mapuc, but in this mans case I make an exception. I saw the body of an 18 month old child he killed, no sympathy here mate.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 03-06-22, 08:29 AM   #1830
Red Devil
The Old Man

I have a piece of software called Marinetraffic.com , it tracks all marine traffic all over the world. I zoomed in on Odessa and, surprise surprise, it does not show a single russian naval vessel nearby. Hardly surprising as they are not using their transponders (which, under international law, I think, is illegal.)

There was a news item here about a german tanker carrying russian oil to Tranmere Oil Terminal Birkenhead on the Mersey. Workers refused to unload it, so its currently drifting aimlessly awaiting orders. As usual the media got it somewhat wrong. The vessel, the Seacod, is carrying russian oil but did not enter the Mersey. THe ship is now south of the Isle of Man heading north.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...:151587/zoom:9
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Closed Thread