SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-10-10, 08:31 AM   #1801
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Athlonic has revised the French menu.txt file for v2.2.0. You can find it at post #1 of this thread and here: http://www.filefront.com/16408047/Ne...y-Athlonic.7z/
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 08:56 AM   #1802
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
As far as the radio message range thing, 15km is indeed too low, that's essentially "visual" range. I'd suggest something closer to 400-600km since that's around the max range I've been able to successfully intercept a radio contact.

I've been getting that - 32 + thing pretty much anytime I change views as well.

You cannot set your rudder direction in SH5Enhanced while on the Nav Map since that weird compass overlay thing takes over the Q/E functionality.
the 15km is a user option and it's default value can be changed in the options file (MaxRadioContactRange). It's default setup in the options file is: MaxRadioContactRange = 15000

this bug fix addresses:
- the messagebox +- icons and text showing when you change views or interact with a crew member
- not being able to set rudder/heading in the heading bar on the nav map

It's JSGME ready so unzip to MODS folder and enable.
http://www.filefront.com/16408127/Ne...h-bugfix-1.7z/
Old 05-10-10, 09:13 AM   #1803
SubV
Planesman

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 4

Hi, TheDarkWraith.

It seems I've discovered a bug in your latest UI mod v2.2.0. The 'estimate range to contact' command (which is set to Shift-C in my config) is no longer working properly, always displaying something around 3500 meters. If I'm not mistaken,it worked properly in v1.8.0.
Code:
[Cmd487]
Name=Estimate_range_to_contact
Contexts=1
MnID=0x3F280002
HasDelayedExecution=Yes
Key0=0x43,s,"Shift+C"
SubV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 09:14 AM   #1804
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
the 15km is a user option and it's default value can be changed in the options file (MaxRadioContactRange). It's default setup in the options file is: MaxRadioContactRange = 15000

this bug fix addresses:
- the messagebox +- icons and text showing when you change views or interact with a crew member
- not being able to set rudder/heading in the heading bar on the nav map

It's JSGME ready so unzip to MODS folder and enable.
http://www.filefront.com/16408127/Ne...h-bugfix-1.7z/
Is this just a SH5Enhanced Style problem ????
or do we all need to download this
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 09:34 AM   #1805
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf U-57 View Post
Is this just a SH5Enhanced Style problem ????
or do we all need to download this
it's an entire mod problem. Everyone needs this bug fix that has v2.2.0. I'm making a new verison v2.2.1 that will include this bug fix and will be posted at post #1 here soon.
Old 05-10-10, 09:43 AM   #1806
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Upon loading the Bismark Historical Mission, the dialogue box in the lower-right is open to it's fullest setting and there is a long list of Commands that the game must've has cycled through just prior to spawning me onto the Conning Tower I did not execute these Commands. This is indicitive of a problem with the game itself and not necessarily your Mod right?

Screenshot taken immedietly after loading historical mission:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-10-10, 09:44 AM   #1807
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I'd leave it configurable in the options file, but the on-the-fly change thing isn't as useful to me. Especially since changing from 15 to 400 was going to take a day of clicking heh I'd probably make it something like a toggle button. Long range contact and medium range both values set in the options so you can toggle between say 600km while in the open ocean and 100km or something while closer to shore.

I was unable to get the standimeter working properly. Could we replace the dial with a text box? I was never once able to get an accurate value for the mast height entered using the dial. I often couldn't get closer than 1-1.5m from the value.

Ship contact information seemed to lag with the message box. Like I'd get a hydrophone contact line first. Then a voice confirmation of the contact but it wasn't till minutes later, often a new contact, that the messages would appear in the message box. Not sure if this is mod related or what, but it was odd.
I've made some changes in v2.3.0 regarding some of these criticisms.
- a new user option was added that, when enabled, causes all incoming radio contact reports to be clipped to the distance specified by MaxRadioContactRange (RadioContactReportsAlwaysClipped).
- MaxRadioContactRange now is in km not meters for the value in the options file. The default value is now 250 (250km)
- the +- and text associated with MaxRadioContactRange now make changes in km instead of meters. Clicking just the +- changes the value +- 1 (1000 meters or 1km). Holding down shift and clicking +- changes the value by 10 (10,000 meters or 10km). Holding down shift and alt and clicking +- changes the value by 100 (100,000 meters or 100km). The max distance you can specify is now 9999 (9,999,000 meters or 9,999km)

Replacing the mast height dial with something else is something I'm currently working on......

The messagebox 'issue' I'll look into.
Old 05-10-10, 09:45 AM   #1808
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Upon loading the Bismark Historical Mission, the dialogue box in the lower-right is open to it's fullest setting and there is a long list of Commands that the game must've has cycled through just prior to spawning me onto the Conning Tower This is indicitive of a problem with the ame itself and not necessarily your Mod right?
that is completely normal and expected with this mod. It's actually the mod that has issued those commands. This ensures 'sync' with the officers, officer's category bar, and officer's orders

If that bothers enough people I can make those messages disappear at game start (I'll still be issuing the commands at game start but they won't appear in the messagebox)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-10-10 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-10-10, 09:46 AM   #1809
SubV
Planesman

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 4

@TDW

Just checked. 'Estimate range to contact' was working as intended in v2.0.0, and broken in v2.2.0.

Please fix this issue.
SubV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 09:50 AM   #1810
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubV View Post
@TDW

Just checked. 'Estimate range to contact' was working as intended in v2.0.0, and broken in v2.2.0.
nothing has changed as far as that goes from v2.0.0 to v2.2.0. I'll double check though.
Old 05-10-10, 09:56 AM   #1811
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith
That is completely normal and expected with this mod. It's actually the mod that has issued those commands. This ensures 'sync' with the officers, officer's category bar, and officer's orders

If that bothers enough people and can make those messages disappear at game start (I'll still be issuing the commands at game start but they won't appear in the messagebox)
Thanks TDW It don't bother me Brother, it means that you are even more awesome at this than I realised You must do this professionally?
Old 05-10-10, 10:04 AM   #1812
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

sentenc3 has revised v2.2.0 menu file for Spanish. You can find it here and at post #1 of this thread:
http://www.filefront.com/16408489/Ne...y-sentenc3.7z/
Old 05-10-10, 10:31 AM   #1813
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

By the way, I have been having a lot of problems controlling my sub now due to the "flashing icon upon command" feature. That's SO DAMN COOL LOOKING that I'm constantly issuing commands, just to make the icons flash. My crew is tired of it and planning a mutiny.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 10:37 AM   #1814
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
By the way, I have been having a lot of problems controlling my sub now due to the "flashing icon upon command" feature. That's SO DAMN COOL LOOKING that I'm constantly issuing commands, just to make the icons flash. My crew is tired of it and planning a mutiny.
did my bug fix fix the issues you were having with the heading bar in the nav map and the +- and text icons showing when switching screens?

Yeah I really like the flashing icons also There's other cool things I can do that I'll implement over time.....
Old 05-10-10, 11:09 AM   #1815
qweasd
Watch

Downloads: 72

First, many thanks for all your hard work TheDarkWraith!! You have salvaged this game, no doubts.

Small bug with your upload of 2.2.1

Quote:
Error creating file: "NewUIs_TDC_2_2_1_TheDarkWraith\NewUIs_TDC_2_2_1_B yTheDarkWraith\Included mods from others\Reaper 7 - Enhanced recognition manual\Enhanced_Ship_Recon_Manual_V1.02.rar"
Same for FileFront and alternate DL at Subsim
Tried with with 7-Zip and IZArc.
qweasd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui