SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-03-16, 08:04 PM   #1771
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

I have no doubt the crime rate is higher for certain crimes among 15-30 years old immigrants from say, North African countries. The question is why and this is one point I don't think we see eye to eye on.

It is commonplace for employers here in Norway to automatically throw job applications in the dustbin if the name sounds "foreign". The unemployment rate among young immigrants from especially African countries is noticably higher than for any other group. These 2 are not unrelated.

1 quarter 2016:
Among non immigrants: 2.4% unemployed.
Nordic immigrants: 3.4
Rest of Western Europe: 4.6
North America + Oceania: 3.9
Eastern Europe (EU): 10
African countries: 12.1

https://ssb.no/arbeid-og-lonn/statistikker/innvarbl

This is not irrelevant in the slightest when we talk about crimes like theft, burglary, drug related crimes, in short crimes that don't require a lot of network building and resources, that "offer" quick cash. For organized crime, eastern Europe poses a greater threat at least here. Neither is it irrelevant if we look at what future prospect young people from these countries have, and more importantly what they percieve they have. You want to know why they turn to crimes like the ones I mentioned, then look at these numbers.

Asia, including the middle east, weights in at 8, somewhere in the middle. It reflects in the crime statistics for the same crimes.

You want to fight these crimes, then pointing at their religion is nothing but a red herring.

Furthermore, here we talk about people from North Africa and Africa in general. We are not talking about religion now. I have said and I will repeat myself here: We are dealing with regional/national issues. Each nationality brings its own set of issues. Some crime related, others not. No size fits all.

We are also talking about cultures. Plural. The culture in say, Tunisia is not the same as in say, Morocco, or in the middle east, where culture is as diverse as any other place. Theft part of "their culture"? In some muslim countries, they still chop off the hand of thieves. In others, they jail them. Like we do. In certain central African countries, jungle justice is very much alive where thieves are lynched by mobs, including being burnt alive. Not what I would call accepting to thievery. Murderers are executed in Saudi Arabia as they are in the US and China.

As for rape: India, which is not a north African country, nor a muslim country and certainly not an arab country, is plagued by rape and an acceptance for it by leading figures. Child prostitution is a major problem in buddhist countries like Thailand, where western men in particular are the main "customers". There are organizations in the west lobbying for legalization of paedophilia.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/1...for-males.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-8559000.html
and more. Look up NAMBLA if you need more reason to be upset.

Honour killings were not unknown to the Romans although in modern times it is indeed true that it is something more connected to countries in the middle east, and in India where people to this day are sometimes hacked to death for marrying someone of the wrong caste.

It is true that honour killings are more of an issue among immigrants from countries in the middle east and north africa, and again India and Pakistan, but it is not entirely unknown in Europe either, although not as common nowadays.
http://hbv-awareness.com/regions/
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 08:25 PM   #1772
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
I have no doubt the crime rate is higher for certain crimes among 15-30 years old immigrants from say, North African countries. The question is why and this is one point I don't think we see eye to eye on.
[...]
You want to fight these crimes, then pointing at their religion is nothing but a red herring.
I start to wonder if I could make my life easier by creating a little text file with standard responses - after all I had to repeat myself so often in this thread, it starts to get annoying.

I'm not pointing at their religion alone, I am pointing at their ideology, their culture, their way of life - which ultimately is what it is due to Islam.
I said over and over again that Islam is much more than just some religion.

The problem is the severely negative influence Islam had on the absolute most countries it is in. And the more Islam dominates a country, the worse it gets.

- From the 25 most dangerous countries in the world, nearly all of them are predominantly Muslim countries.
- 9 of 10 Worst Countries for Persecution of Christians Have 50% or Greater Muslim Populations.

Surely, Islam can't have anything to do with any of this - religion of peace after all.

Just one statistic to put into picture what I'm talking about:

So peaceful, so advanced, so tolerant.
Allahu Akbar!
Old 08-03-16, 09:46 PM   #1773
Von Due
Sea Lord

1) 85% in the survey believe women should obey men.
http://scottjhiggins.com/52-of-the-w.../#.V6Kbm7iLTIU
http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...hould-obey-me/
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils...everything.htm
True, 85% is a higher percentage but it is not insignificant in other cultures. You can hear the same idea coming from both men and women here in Norway, from "modern folks". Not 85% but still plenty. The obediant wife is very much an ideal to some here which is one reason you will find recommendations for finding Asian wives, because they quote "know their place".

2) 68% think Sharia should be law. Roughly 2/3 then. That is both a high number and something that needs to be addressed but how that is related to crimes like rape, theft and murder is beyond me. It is also beyond me why 1/3 of more than 1.6 billion people should be silenced and thrown in with a group they don't agree with. People who have the same religion, the same culture and who disagree on that topic.

3) Death for adultry 46% Less than half but still, I agree here. This one is highly problematic. Interesting though that reportedly, Sharia demands death for adultry and 68% want sharia laws but "only" 46% want more than a sharia light edition. Makes you wonder what sharia means then, doesn't it?

4) Death for leaving Islam 36% and declining. In the 19th century it was a higher percentage, in some areas near 100%, now that number has been on the decline for roughly 100-200 years. Still no excuse for it but clearly one can not think this is an eternal truth in islam that noone there is challenging.

What I can't see in that result is how the responses are distributed among the various countries. That would have been interesting. Afghanistan is particularely interesting as there are relatively "new" reports (from not further back than the 1950's and 1960's) of greater equality of opportunities and rights. Men and women alike in the same college/university classrooms, headscarves and no headscarves side by side. During the 60's, a powerstruggle emerged between pro-Soviet and nationalist elements, leading to the civil war where religious groups, including mujaheddin, joined in later. Thevery much secularly rooted civil war in turn leading to the Soviet invasion, and the power vaccuum after the Soviets went back home. The bombed out mess that is today's Afghanistan is fairly well documented and it is a country where its past is pretty much cut off in the history books today. One thing you can count on is, it's heaven for extremism to grow.
Point of this? How do you think the recent history of Afghanistan, its destruction, reflects in how people there think of extreme views? How much of that would you say is islam and not the never-ceasing war that has been going on there for about 50 years now with ever new fighting sides joining in? Look at modern day Iraq. Look at Iraq say 50 or 60 years ago. Tell me it's the same country. Tell me it's the same cultivator of violence then as it is now. Look at these countries in the near past and tell me there hasn't been a change in "culture". Tell me there hasn't been a change in religious preaching. Iran was islamic before their revolution. After the revolution it was unrecognizable, many fled and even more want none of it.

I don't have an issue with the problems that are in Islam. I have an issue with how you present the present day situation as something that has always been and something that is the same everywhere. I have an issue with your one sidedness, your simple mindedness. You keep talking about "their" culture. In one sentence it's the North Africans, the next it's all muslims, as if they all share the same culture. You keep saying that in the case of Islam then religion = culture. In some areas they are the same but in no way are they the same in every field. I mentioned it before. Until what 10 years ago, female genital mutilation was presented here in Europe as a "muslim thing". It was pretty much everywhere, in every news outlet and every pub where people talk. Well lo and behold, it's not a "muslim" thing. It's a problem in a few African countries, among muslims and non muslims there alike. It goes way back to the older traditions. And then happened the European colonialism. There you have a good source for growing extremism. If you occupy a country, you will not be met with greetings and boxes of chocolate. On the other hand, there was no surprise that central Africa and beyond, all the way to Kenya, saw murder cults popping up targeting Europeans and anyone else they saw as a threat to themselves.
Old 08-04-16, 04:48 AM   #1774
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Warning note:

Come on now people, there are better ways to convey ones opinions and debate the subject without the need to resort to name calling and insults.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-16, 04:57 AM   #1775
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Oh Germany!

http://www.tz.de/muenchen/amoklauf-m...r-6620521.html

Wegen Beleidigung des Amokläufers: Anwohner angezeigt

Took a while to find english source, couldn't find any but the summary I did found below seems to be accurate according to my broken knowledge of the German Language (ask Schroeder)

Quote:
Charges filed against the witness of the Munich Massacre who insulted the gunman from his balcony

When he saw the gunman of Munich standing on the roof of the parking deck, he cursed loudly at him. Now charges have been filed against the 57 y.o. for insult.
There were many witnesses during the shooting spree in Munich, amongst them was the construction worker Thomas Salbey. The 57 y.o. saw the gunman standing on the roof of a parking deck from his balcony. He even tried to stop him by throwing a beer bottle at him.
After the massacre, Salbey gave several interviews to the press, part of his statements were supported by video recordings. Because he cursed at the shooter, charges have been filed against him, according to Munich's newspaper "tz".
The prosecution office confirms the charges
The charges have been confirmed by Florin Weinzierl, speaker for the Prosecution Office Nr. I of Munich. It is still unclear who was responsible for filing the charges. Since the cursing happened after the killing spree started, they didn't have any influence on the outcome, explains Weinzierl.
The case is going to be considered as "insults for the disadvantage of a deceased". The trial is expected to be completed soon.
Translation source: https://voat.co/v/European/comments/1209979

Old 08-04-16, 05:03 AM   #1776
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Warning note:

Come on now people, there are better ways to convey ones opinions and debate the subject without the need to resort to name calling and insults.
Note taken and apologies to Nipplespanner for me getting a bit carried away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Oh Germany!

http://www.tz.de/muenchen/amoklauf-m...r-6620521.html

Wegen Beleidigung des Amokläufers: Anwohner angezeigt

Took me a while to find english source, couldn't find any but the summary below seems to be accurate according to my broken knowledge of the German Language (ask Schroeder)

Translation source: https://voat.co/v/European/comments/1209979

Ok, that is pretty absurd
Old 08-04-16, 11:02 AM   #1777
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Oh Germany!

Wir schaffen das!
Old 08-04-16, 12:10 PM   #1778
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Oh god Germany, sell Angela to a Siberian coal mine and get the Hochenzollers back in
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-16, 12:16 PM   #1779
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
Oh god Germany, sell Angela to a Siberian coal mine and get the Hochenzollers back in
We tried to but we couldn't pay them enough to take her.
Old 08-04-16, 12:43 PM   #1780
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The charges have just been dismissed. The "person" filing them, explicitly did so by claiming that the offences have just triggered the deeds of the perpetrator in the first and provoked him to commit them, said the state attorney'S speaker, but obviously he already had committed them when he arrived on that parkhouse roof, and the verbal exchange probably bamboozled him, says the police.

Still, very stupid.
Old 08-04-16, 12:44 PM   #1781
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

The charges were probably just filed in order to provoke a reaction from the media. Nothing new there.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-16, 01:13 PM   #1782
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Wir schaffen das!
Die Frage ist: was.

German equivalents to this? LINK - German text about Blackburn
Or to Marseille? Malmö?Over 10% of the population in Berlin already is Muslim, fastly growing. More than a doubling within less than one generation. When I still lived in west-Berlin, it were around 3% or less. And it gives the city troubles, troubles, and more troubles.

I fear this much more than terrorism, and said so already ten years ago. Terrorism is the last of my concerns. There is no "civilised" defence against this peaceful invasion possible. Considering enforced deportation out of Germany - a no-go in Nazi-haunted Germany, unimaginable in Germany. The East-Europeans have it right when rejecting to let even small numbers in. That way they get the smallest amount of dirt on their hands.

"One day, millions of men will leave the Southern Hemisphere to go to the Northern Hemisphere. And they will not go there as friends. Because they will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory."
- Houari Boumedien, Algerian president, in a speech deliveered to the UN assembly in 1974.

And Merkel opened them even more doors and gates, and told them to bring their buddies with them, and told their people at home that Germany will refuse to set up any limitations. She just has ruled out any limits once again just a few days ago. And the EU now wants to soften up the term "family", so that not just family members can follow the accepted migrants, but also migrants that are not family at all but who randomly met while being underway and then formed "relations". In other words, meet a stranger, travel together, say you like each other, and you are "family" - and both, or all, can get in.

"Merkel executes Erich Honecker's late revenge against the BRD." Old joke, but a lot of truth in it. First leading Germany deeper and deeper into the Euro disaster, and deeper and deeper into "EU integration" (what a malicious euphemism), and now Islamic mass migration. Erich must chuckle in his grave. As a strategy to destroy Germany from within and even motivating most Germans to help in that and to assist in their future demise - brilliant. Erich sees it from the afterlife, and thinks: "If you see your class enemy destroying himself - do not disturb him."

In some decades, there will be far, far more than just one Blackburn, and they will be spread across most of Europe, starting in France, England, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands. And another couple of decades later, cities listed in a posting like this will not be the Muslim enclaves and strongholds, but the non-Muslim enclaves in a more or less completely Islamised Europe.

Its the perfect invasion - no defence possible without behaving bad yourself, and having the values of liberalism and humanism being turned into tools to take you hostage, to blackmail you, and to enforce your voluntary subjugation. You will be crucified even by your own non-Muslim people if you resist! Can it go any better than this?

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper. And that guy usually is listed as a left!

Last edited by Skybird; 08-04-16 at 01:33 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-16, 01:28 PM   #1783
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
"One day, millions of men will leave the Southern Hemisphere to go to the Northern Hemisphere. And they will not go there as friends. Because they will go there to conquer it. And they will conquer it with their sons. The wombs of our women will give us victory."[/B] - Houari Boumedien, Algerian president, in a speech deliveered to the UN assembly in 1974.
From my findings Houari never said this. But it was wiki so who knows.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 08-04-16 at 01:39 PM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-16, 01:40 PM   #1784
Skybird
Soaring

Its sometimes questioned, but the number of people doing so is so small and they always just raise the claim of doubt but never give evidence, and the occasions on which this quote is given even in literature over the past twenty years and longer is so overwhelming, that I go with probability here and say its much more likely that it is true.

Anyway, I could set up a list with many many more quotes like this from some of the most prolific Muslim scholars, leaders, potlicians of the past 50 years, who all imply the same message - from there back then, to Erdoghan today.

Hm. I think I already repeatedly gave many comparable quotes in past years, in various threads. I called it demographic warfare.
Old 08-04-16, 01:55 PM   #1785
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Its sometimes questioned, but the number of people doing so is so small and they always just raise the claim of doubt but never give evidence, and the occasions on which this quote is given even in literature over the past twenty years and longer is so overwhelming, that I go with probability here and say its much more likely that it is true.

Anyway, I could set up a list with many many more quotes like this from some of the most prolific Muslim scholars, leaders, potlicians of the past 50 years, who all imply the same message - from there back then, to Erdoghan today.

Hm. I think I already repeatedly gave many comparable quotes in past years, in various threads. I called it demographic warfare.
Not necessary to list additional quotes. We can certainly see it is a mess and getting progressively worse.

Tags
terrorism